Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Another example of FR misjudging the public mood really, but as they say themselves their fares are their pull so...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Next thing you know BA will be along saying we can buy you both if you like....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

fr336 wrote: »
    Next thing you know BA will be along saying we can buy you both if you like....

Haha had to laugh at that! I think the FR social people will be getting a roaring in the morning ''We are friendly people, TWEET HAPPINESS'''

• Advertisement

Don't mean to keep hating on FR but what is different about the logo? Larger / smaller breasts?

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/555316220627804160

Jack1985 wrote: »
    I think the FR social people will be getting a roaring in the morning ''We are friendly people, TWEET HAPPINESS'''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Jack1985 wrote:
    Had to laugh at CityJet's input, poor feckers I do forget about them sometimes!

*poor Fokkers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

man98 wrote: »
    *poor Fokkers

Just brilliant lads! :D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

B7h7ascCIAEQ3r6.jpg
    What a way to ruin your day...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

smurfjed wrote: »
    ....]
    What a way to ruin your day...

Looks like NOC

:D:D

Tenger wrote: »
    Looks like NOC

:D:D

On a good day, maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Flight International is reporting that the VVIP A380 that was ordered by Kingdom Holding of Saudi Arabia has been cancelled.

75 years since the inaugural flight from Dublin (Collinstown) Airport.

http://blog.aerlingus.com/blog/2015/01/19/congratulations-dublin-airport-on-your-75th-birthday

14028_1023506777676945_4352836551207794111_n.jpg?oh=95b644f46a3ddbf6b269b290da431121&oe=55340A26&__gda__=1432911012_a5106d3031c1ff996ae3b10282580203

Picture courtesy of the Irish Air Corps facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If anyone fancies some daytime TV, "Inside RAF Brize Norton" is on Sky 1 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Interesting Nationwide tonight on RTE1. Subject was Ordnance Survey Ireland, they had a short clip of the Shannon based survey Aztec "Emerald 024".

Should be on RTE +1 at 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Have I completed the hat trick?

I've now met Walsh, O'Leary and that other current 'legendary' air line owner / operator - Susi Pudjiastuti of SUSI Air. She's also Indonesia's Minister for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs.

Now to see if I can get the three of them in the same room for a meal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/ryanair-dublin-map-mistake-1915614-Feb2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

screencap6-95-553x500.png

In summary:
    Kerry airport is somewhere near Listowel
    Shannon is up near Gort
    Knock is somewhere east of Galway city
    Derry is in mid Donegal, Ballybofey maybe!
    Cork airport is near Dungarvan
    and don;t even get me started about Dublin or many of their UK destinations!:D

In fairness, Bristol and Cardiff are in the right place. Leeds Bradford however...

Ha, is that all you got??

Bz7aBcEIAAEXCXv.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Jawgap wrote: »
    Have I completed the hat trick?

I've now met Walsh, O'Leary and that other current 'legendary' air line owner / operator - Susi Pudjiastuti of SUSI Air. She's also Indonesia's Minister for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs.

pics or it didn't happen! :D

I had Irish Ferries cards out on Stena Line over the summer. I did get a few looks...

I don't think you can buy those cards any more

-I have meet MoL twice, but a long time ago (he was pax on a Bae146) Pleasant guy, got a smile for my cheeky comment to him.
    -I worked way under WW, he was the CEO at the time, got a few calls from him(passed them on to my superior sharpish) He never seems happy.
    -Have spoken to Mueller on 3-4 occasions. Very impressed with him.
    -Also met the JetbLue CEO (Barger) and Head of Marketing (Marty St.George)
    -Have met Com Barrington twice,only talked to him once about plane stuff however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Tenger wrote: »
    I don't think you can buy those cards any more

-I have meet MoL twice, but a long time ago (he was pax on a Bae146) Pleasant guy, got a smile for my cheeky comment to him.
    -I worked way under WW, he was the CEO at the time, got a few calls from him(passed them on to my superior sharpish) He never seems happy.
    -Have spoken to Mueller on 3-4 occasions. Very impressed with him.
    -Also met the JetbLue CEO (Barger) and Head of Marketing (Marty St.George)
    -Have met Com Barrington twice,only talked to him once about plane stuff however

FTW, nearly 30 years ago a sprightly Darby Kennedy gave me my first flying lesson. Although I'm sure he started many more talented pilots off on their flying careers than me. Pilots who went on a lot further than their PPL.

I didn't know who he was or his back story - probably just as well as I was nervous (terrified) enough as it was without knowing the calibre of my instructor.

FTW, nearly 30 years ago a sprightly Darby Kennedy gave me my first flying lesson. ......
    Considering he is over 100 now he was a young pup back then. Never had the pleasure of meeting this legend of Irish flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Darby wrote me the politest PFO ever when looking for work experience many many years ago, stating that it was solely insurance issues that were a problem (my schools liability insurance for work experience didn't cover aviation, military or maritime environments).

Anyone else think this is a bit of dodgy reporting. It appears that the journo has no interest in understanding how airline fuel hedging works.
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-loses-200m-on-failed-oil-price-gamble-30972695.html

Ryanair loses €200m on failed oil price gamble Hedging strategy backfires as jet fuel price falls...................Industry analysts have indicated Ryanair's move to lock in its future fuel needs at high prices means that it may be paying up to €200m more than it would if it bought fuel at current prices.

Seems that they don't realise that fuel hedging is not "a gamble" and that while they may have paid over the current rate the 90% fuel hedge gave them fair better forward financial stability than other airlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I know most people on this forum appreciate retro livery's so I thought this one was a must! One of Lufthansa's B747-8's in a retro scheme. Feast your eyes..

747-8I-DLH-1-1024x682.jpg

747-8-DLH-retro3-1024x682.jpg

More on it here on airliners.net: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6310860/#menu77

Advertisement