Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queries about cannabis

Options
  • 24-04-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

5 months ago, I know someone who was caught with one gram of marijuana. This person has not yet heard back from the Gards and was wondering if anyone else has been caught with similar amounts and how long they've had to wait for. Is their a possibility that the Gards may just leave it? If not, what'd be the likely consequences? BTW, if it makes a difference, this person was caught in Dublin..

Thank y'all very much
    Tagged:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

Tis mighty stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

1g = £10, slap on wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Throw the book at the dosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

5 months? I'd say your not out of the woods yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sorry, I'd say your friend isn't out of the woods yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Did you get your oxegen ticket yet OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What a ridiculous offence in the first place. It's his body, he can do whatever he wants with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

5-10 year stretch in the big house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

you're fukked OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

BOHtox wrote: »
    What a ridiculous offence in the first place. It's his body, he can do whatever he wants with it!

He can indeed, it's the possession of an illegal substance that's the offence. Clue is in the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuhnt Pounder

gallag wrote: »
    1g = £10, slap on wrist.

25 bones.

I wouldn't worry about about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Minimum -10 years, Maximum - 20. Better go on the run to south america cause your screwed(sorry your ''mate'') is screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Czarcasm wrote: »
    He can indeed, it's the possession of an illegal substance that's the offence. Clue is in the name.

Here we go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Oh ok, that makes it an a ok offence because everyone knows the law is always right!!!!11

Now that's czarcasm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

To what offence do you think I am referring?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 its me_330

Could still b summonsed. 8 months went before i got summonsed for a measly joint. Does the person still smoke it? If not and they are brought to court and doesnt want a conviction tell d judge they dont smoke anymore. They will order a drug test which ur friend will have to pay for. If its clear it will b struck out. If they dont want d hassle plead guilty and it will b a small fine. Dats d way things work in cork anyway

25 bones.

I wouldn't worry about about it.

No way you guys are shelling out €25 a gram :-0

Holy sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

It wont just go away unfortunatly. The guard will be back, and will try and get your friend :rolleyes: to tell him who supplied him with the stuff. He's gonna say stuff like "it'l be a lot easier for you if you cooperate" "it'l look good for you in court"

The correct answer is, somebody left it behind them after a party, or I found it in a nightclub.

It most likely wont go to court for such a small amount, if it does, its a very small fine. So just relax.

All happened to a housemate. (honestly!)

No way you guys are shelling out €25 a gram :-0

Holy sh1t.
    27 bones in the wrist

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Arcsin

I can see the headline now:

Gardai seize 1 gram of cannabis with a street value of €4000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

If it does go to court, the judge should give the option of a donation to charity instead of a fine/conviction

This can only happen if it's their first drug offence

• Registered Users Posts: 35 its me_330

@boombastic
    Were payin €25 a gram in cork for proper stink or 3 grams of s**t for €50

its me_330 wrote: »
    @boombastic

:eek::eek:
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Have you ever seen Midnight Express OP? :)

its me_330 wrote: »
    @boombastic

Thats ****ing nuts!!!! Up here you can get crap like orange bud @ sub £ 10 a gram (by the oz) and the likes of haze/nycd/ak48 at £10-£12.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

1 gramm is obviously dealt with as "with intent to supply" under the "new" rules, isn't it?

:D God, ye lot must wind your mates up somthing rotten after a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Well you are in the crapper anyway op. You might as well go full bore in and start dealing with the cartels.

Op is your mate howard marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Op is your mate howard marks?

Mr Nice, what a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Well a mate of mine was caught with 25 euros worth up in Donegal. He was told he was being cautioned but several months later he had a court summons so I wouldnt say one way or the other just yet. Really just depends on the guard who lifts you and what mood hes in.

Similarly have had friends lifted for larger amounts and got off with a slap on the wrist then others with smalls being taken to court. Much like beauty, law is in the eye of the beholder

Advertisement