Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE/E! Total Divas thread

Options
  • 23-04-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭

E has announced its new slate of programming one of which is
    Total Divas, which follows the personal lives of WWE's female wrestlers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tyson Kidd might get some TV time with the new show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    E has announced its new slate of programming one of which is
    Total Divas, which follows the personal lives of WWE's female wrestlers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84273709&postcount=4580

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Total Divas premiering on E! Sunday 28th of July

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why do they think people watching Raw and Smackdown would want to watch this? Maybe for ones who want to perv on the divas.

And that clip last night just showed how exciting it would be.
    "So what are your plans?"
    "Going to get my hair done"
    "Oooh That's great!"

Though we then had the big twist where she was going for blonde but obviously ended up getting red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

We might despise it, but if it gets more women interested in wrestling then I'm all for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It won't change the world but nothing wrong with a bit of harmless reality fluff, will give it a chance.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why do they think people watching Raw and Smackdown would want to watch this? Maybe for ones who want to perv on the divas.

And that clip last night just showed how exciting it would be.
    "So what are your plans?"
    "Going to get my hair done"
    "Oooh That's great!"

Though we then had the big twist where she was going for blonde but obviously ended up getting red

It's a niche reality-show on E, a channel that'd stick a camera on a funeral if they thought they'd get instant hate-figures and an 0.5. We are not the intended audience, I imagine, though there's some exec undoubtedly hoping for a some overlap with some of WWE's female audience, for a bit of a boost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I have to say I love WRESTLING fans on the internet losing their minds about how fake and scripted it is. Like hello. :P

Hyped out of my god damned mind for this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Are reality shows in general quite fake and obviously scripted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Are reality shows in general quite fake and obviously scripted?

The E! ones are to reality what Storage Hunters is to Storage Wars. Reality tv kayfabe killing sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Reality TV isn't really scripted but it is *heavily* edited. From some of the clips I've seen, I'm not sure what to make of it. Natalya does seem to make for an interesting character onscreen so I will give it a go for her. It's clearly targeted to the female WWE fans which is good since the company is finally acknowledging that women actually watch their product. The clip they decided to show last night probably wasn't the best they could have used. Take it with a grain of salt anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Anyone watch this yet? I have to say the show is quite good. A lot of divas are going out with the male superstars so you actually go behind the scenes of everyone really. First episode showed people from talent relations,behind the scenes of wrestlemania, all very interesting.
    Yes like all reality shows its a bit fake and heavily edited but theres a lot of real moments too. I wouldn't say it's a show catering for female fans at all, its more of a broad view of wwe in general with a focus on the divas. A lot of former/current male wwe superstars are tweeting about it too :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is it being shown over here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Better than I was expecting, think the Raw segments promoting it are actually making it look worse than it is, having said that Im not finished ep1 yet but from Cena's first cringy scene to Bryans beardy head popping up and talking about Cenas relationship I couldnt stop just finding the humour in this show. Actually think a show like like Jayk and the OSW review lads do would be hilarious with something like this, imagine going from Cena re-enacting the notebook to Nattie labelling herself as the blonde one.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Not as bad as I was expecting. Natalya seems like she'll be a really good character on the show, listening to her was very interesting. I know the Bellas are probably putting on a lot of their arrogance since they're meant to be heels but you can clearly see they have egos. They refer to themselves as veterans and seem to be spouting the same 'paying your dues' nonsense that the likes of JBL are known for. You can see the clear difference between them and Natalya. She is a professional. She isn't happy with her situation but she will do what is asked of her and remains classy and somewhat dignified while the Bellas are clearly throwing their weight around. The producers seemed to get a good balance of casting as you have Natalya, Naomi and JoJo as the seemingly more responsible and down to earth girls to cancel out the egos and personalities of the Bellas, Cameron and Eva Marie

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

pm me on where ye are watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Here's the show for anyone who want's to see it http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k30p29SeMFmn2z4mP6q enjoyed it myself harmless fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

The idea of Brodus Clay losing his temper and going mad during a dress rehearsal amuses me more than it should.

I call bull s**t on the hole wwe anti bullying thing they have. What they did to Natalya pulling her out for the bellas.

They left cause they couldn't handle it and wwe just jump at them cause one of the is going out Cena. I see it as a form of bullying, She works her ass off not to even get a match.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't read too much into it, lots of things are set up for the show, Nattie was never in the running to be in any mania match this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Yes that scene where she gets told she's not in a match was probably edited or taken out of context. The mixed tag was announced for at least 4 weeks before the PPV and all Natalya was doing until that point was managing Khali and wrestling the occasional Superstars match. I also doubt she'd get annoyed over them asking Eva Marie to dye her hair blonde. Eva Marie is a skinny Latina chick while Natalya is a muscular white girl who's a good bit shorter than her. Even if she was blonde, no one's likely to get those two mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Why aint aj and katelyn in this show since there the top 2 divas in wwe these days. ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Actually not a bad show tbh , better than i thought . Brie comes across as the better Bella . Def feel sorry for Nattie as said she will do what she is told while nearly always being overlooked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Actually not a bad show tbh , better than i thought . Brie comes across as the better Bella.

Couldn't agree more, you could definitely tell she was the one with cena!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so...Nikki, the day before Wrestlemania, and John's big rematch with The Rock, she decides to have the marriage conversation?

tumblr_mdsmc6kMxQ1rytqb2o1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

SlickRic wrote: »
    so...Nikki, the day before Wrestlemania, and John's big rematch with The Rock, she decides to have the marriage conversation?

How long was he divorced by then? Give it time love. For shíts n giggles they should of put that in his One of these days the moons gonna fall into the sea...... mania hype videos that talked about his bad year. :pac::pac::pac:

Couldn't agree more, you could definitely tell she was the one with cena!

No you couldn't.

Brie is the hot one going out with Bryan.

Bryan and Brianna. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

DM-ICE wrote: »
    No you couldn't.

Brie is the hot one going out with Bryan.

Bryan and Brianna. Easy.

You think there is an ugly one? :eek:

• Advertisement

I don't find either good looking. Maybe if I was face to face I may change my mind

Advertisement