Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Decent field for the farmers insurance- Woods Mcilroy rahm all playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Decent field for the farmers insurance- Woods Mcilroy rahm all playing

Don't forgot defending champ Justin Rose and 2019 US Open champ Gary Woodland. Great venue too in Torrey Pines. Should be a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

TIGER, yes I said Tiger just had a four putt on his opening hole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

TIGER, yes I said Tiger just had a four putt on his opening hole!!!

He duffed a chip about 5 yards into a bunker at the 11th (his second hole) yesterday also. Makes a high handicapper feel better seeing things like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Despite the mishaps he’s playing brilliantly.
    His wedges are just a fraction away from 100%

His swing is a joy to behold. And his driving! It’s looking effortless.

Nailed on to win The Masters!

• Advertisement

Howdy golf people.

What tournament, or course, pre The Masters is most similar to Augusta ?

I know historically (from poor memory) that even over a 10-20 year period some golfers nearly always performed at Augusta so where else did they perform ?

Edit - and by perform I mean always seemed to do well, as in the course suited them

Howdy golf people.

What tournament, or course, pre The Masters is most similar to Augusta ?

I know historically (from poor memory) that even over a 10-20 year period some golfers nearly always performed at Augusta so where else did they perform ?

Edit - and by perform I mean always seemed to do well, as in the course suited them

The Genesis, (Riviera CC) has had good cross over of winners and people who do well there and at Augusta

Let me dig a little and see if I can find some articles from last year about others, I can never remember

The Genesis, (Riviera CC) has had good cross over of winners and people who do well there and at Augusta

Let me dig a little and see if I can find some articles from last year about others, I can never remember

I haven’t really watched any golf for 4-5 years but I seem to remember that recent form didn’t count as much, at Augusta, as course form did.

I haven’t really watched any golf for 4-5 years but I seem to remember that recent form didn’t count as much, at Augusta, as course form did.

Sorry I checked last years reviews of two people I follow who like the to link course form to others but couldn't find it on there reviews from last year.

O I forgot I'd notes kept Arnold Palmer was another one, usually due to how quick the greens are coming up to Augusta.

Course form I think used to be more important in the past but the level of info out there for golfers now I'm not sure it matters as much, Augusta also has one of the best sub air systems in the world so can generally set up the course to how they want it to play.

First timers generally do poorly though, but then that may be more down to the pressure of going to the masters which is very prestigious.

Bubba Watson results probably help the course narrative but he seems to be a guy who if he likes a course plays well there

Great info.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Tiger robbed of eagle there. That ball was in the damn hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I have never seen a ball come back out of the cup like that.

https://twitter.com/golfer1633/status/1221496130019766274?s=20

Well this isn’t going to script anyway. Both Rahm and Rory have already imploded. Rory’s chances are gone but still time for Rahm to salvage the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Well this isn’t going to script anyway. Both Rahm and Rory have already imploded. Rory’s chances are gone but still time for Rahm to salvage the win

Rory might have something to say about that! Birdie, eagle and back to level for the day. 3 back from leishman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

When I hear of the reports of the unconfirmed death of Kobe Bryant, the first thoughts that came across my mind is Payne Stewart, who sadly perished in a helicopter crash in 1999. Stewart had his greatest year in golf in that year, when claiming the US Open and playing a leading role in the US' Ryder Cup success against Europe in Brookline.

Really sad news indeed re Kobe Bryant and this will be the big story-line in America for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

When I hear of the reports of the unconfirmed death of Kobe Bryant, the first thoughts that came across my mind is Payne Stewart, who sadly perished in a helicopter crash in 1999. Stewart had his greatest year in golf in that year, when claiming the US Open and playing a leading role in the US' Ryder Cup success against Europe in Brookline.

Plane crash.

tobsey wrote: »
    Rory might have something to say about that! Birdie, eagle and back to level for the day. 3 back from leishman

Things can change very quickly alright. Superb eagle on 6. Anything can happen on the back nine and I’m sure most of the players and spectators are completely not fully focused right now given the other news.

Looks like Tigers caddy had to tell him Incase the fans shouted it at him

Mcilroy looking focused anyway. I would say they all are, a big title on the line. Hard to call winner from here, mcilroy slight favourite for me but aggression could cost him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Mcilroy looking focused anyway. I would say they all are, a big title on the line. Hard to call winner from here, mcilroy slight favourite for me but aggression could cost him.

Leishmans gotta be favourite he is in the absolute zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Leishman pars in he wins it. Tough up and down coming on 12 though

• Advertisement

BoldReason wrote: »
    Leishmans gotta be favourite he is in the absolute zone.

Yeah...i didnt see he'd birdied 11, so his to lose definitely. Be amazed if he doesnt make mistakes, but others will too.

Yeah...i didnt see he'd birdied 11, so his to lose definitely. Be amazed if he doesnt make mistakes, but others will too.

Hopefully Rory has made his

Some save by Leishman

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Anybody but Rory...

C'mon everyone else...

The off season was enjoyable not having to read your posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Snedeker with a tap in to get within 2. Nearly with the albatross

Leishman deserves this

Some putting from Leishman. Ridiculous saves on 12 and 14.

Some effort by Rory to try reach 13 in 2

Nearly a wonder shot from mcilroy from the bunker there. Game looks in decent shape for the most part. Take something extraordinary for leishman to lose it from here, incredible round to here.

• Advertisement

Leishman has hit 2 fairways and is 7 under for the day!!!

Golf is just a daft game altogether. Worst in driving and beat in putting. That famous saying comes to mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement