Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭bren2001

That missed putt by DJ could prove very very costly.

Tiger just avoids the water. Pity rose and Rory imploded and allowed Tiger to cruise. Would have been nice to see someone at least challenge him

Harsh to say Rose has imploded. He was playing a slightly different competition today compared to everyone else. It's understandable why he didn't push Tiger. Rory on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,270 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not watching. Just following the leaderboard. One more dropped shot from Rose and Tiger wins the Fedex??

Think Dustin could be in with a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That missed putt by DJ could prove very very costly.

Tiger just avoids the water. Pity rose and Rory imploded and allowed Tiger to cruise. Would have been nice to see someone at least challenge him
    As somebody pointed out earlier, there weren't enough players close enough to challenge him. JR was playing firstly for the Cup and Rory had to go all out to make up the three shot deficit, with predictable results. And JR has a squeaky few holes left before he can breathe. That 30 player field is really too small to make it a proper tournament imo. May as well have it in matchplay format with that few.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Jaysus Rose is really struggling here now. 10 million reasons of pressure is on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Mushy wrote: »
    Think Dustin could be in with a shout

No he’s done, tiger or rose and at moment you’d have to say tiger

• Advertisement

Jaysus Rose is really struggling here now. 10 million reasons of pressure is on him.
    It's fascinating really. So much pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

There's no real pressure on him though.

He's out of the tournament and if he doesn't win the €10 million he's not going to be stuck for money tomorrow or for the rest if his life.

LOL at Rory. Like hit a “****ing” fairway!!!

He's out of the tournament and if he doesn't win the €10 million he's not going to be stuck for money tomorrow or for the rest if his life.

so assuming Woods comes first - what position does Rose need to be min to win?

Ah you can't be a competitor and not want to win. There's a lot of grass mileage that Rose has covered to get here. He has to want this more than anything and that brings its own pressure. It's not the money, it's the prestige.

"Fcuking can't hit a fairway" :D. I feel your pain Rory. At least Tiger missed too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Tiger now projected to win the FedEx.

another ten mill + tournament winnings for Woods - as if he needs the money!

not about the money for a long time I suppose.

some comeback from the DUI photo to now - unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Won't feel sorry for Rose if he messes it up. Actively not bothering to try win the tournament has done him in

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Ah you can't be a competitor and not want to win. There's a lot of grass mileage that Rose has covered to get here. He has to want this more than anything and that brings its own pressure. It's not the money, it's the prestige.

"Fcuking can't hit a fairway" :D. I feel your pain Rory. At least Tiger missed too.

The money shouldn't be causing Rose to feel any pressure is the point I was making.

He's out of the tournament so realistically he should have very little pressure on him at this stage as he has nothing to really lose now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,842 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The money shouldn't be causing Rose to feel any pressure is the point I was making.

He's out of the tournament so realistically he should have very little pressure on him at this stage as he has nothing to really lose now.

He has 10 million to lose.

That is incredible pressure.

if woods wins from 20th position on Fedex points before the tournament must be the furthest back winner for the cup.

no pressure for Woods really in terms of money - just wants the win.

the format next year looks a bit crazy - giving shots on the field according to position.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Getting a little squeaky

He has 10 million to lose.

That is incredible pressure.

He's already worth €40 million.

€10 million to him is like 6 or 7 grand to the average person in ireland.

Nice to have it but fundamentally doesn't make a massive difference to your life.

If he was some one hit wonder player who fluked his way this far and was never going to be in big tournaments again then I would say there is pressure on him but financially he was set for life this morning and he'll be set for life tomorrow morning regardless of what happens in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Lads what are the permetations for the fedex?
    As it stands who has it? And what does nearest challenger need to do?

Blanco100 wrote: »

check projected fedex position here

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

think rose needs to get to tied 4th or better

1 shot as it stands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Blanco100 wrote: »

Tiger is leading. Rose needs to birdie one of the last two holes to pass him out!

I reckon I'd be a little ropey if i'd 10 million at stake

Now look at tiger when there is a little pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

glasso wrote: »
    another ten mill + tournament winnings for Woods - as if he needs the money!

not about the money for a long time I suppose.

some comeback from the DUI photo to now - unreal.

You'd have to say , though, that he played a very smart round today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭f@steddie

glasso wrote: »
    if woods wins from 20th position on Fedex points before the tournament must be the furthest back winner for the cup.

no pressure for Woods really in terms of money - just wants the win.

the format next year looks a bit crazy - giving shots on the field according to position.

Bill Haas was 25th the year he won.

ooh Rose rolls just into the rough ...

what a mare by McIroy - again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,842 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice to have it but fundamentally doesn't make a massive difference to your life.

If he was some one hit wonder player who fluked his way this far and was never going to be in big tournaments again then I would say there is pressure on him but financially he was set for life this morning and he'll be set for life tomorrow morning regardless of what happens in the tournament.

I think you are wrong

Very

2 class up and downs from bunkers from Rory on the last 2 holes. Pity he hasn’t come remotely near a fairway since the first.

Edit: isn’t that golf. Nails it down 18. Guess it does happen all of us at some stage

WTF???

• Advertisement

What a bounce for rose!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement