Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I tip the Tesco delivery man?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I did this job for some time as a back up driver. I got offered tips all the time. But only enough to get a cuppa on the way home in fairness.
    The job is fairly well paid anyway. Better rates than people in the shop. It was one of better jobs I had. It was very social .

Something worth adding in relation to peoples comparisons to fast food delivery . The pizza man does not carry all your weeks shopping to your kitchen table and engage with the customer. Plus the Tesco driver has to go through testing and ongoing training the entire time they are doing it.

An expected fact is the type of people who tips.
    The most well off in the biggest houses never tip, yet the people with the least always tip. But any tip was never expected. Its small change at the end of the day at best.

The company training say you are not supposed to accept it, but it causes less friction to accept a few euro, as pushing it away upsets the tipper and wastes time .

So to answer the question, do you tip the tosco driver.

Not if you don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

brokenarms wrote: »
    I did this job for some time as a back up driver....

The company training say you are not supposed to accept it, but it causes less friction to accept a few euro, as pushing it away upsets the tipper and wastes time .

So to answer the question, do you tip the tosco driver.

Not if you don't want to.

No, the answer clearly is you do not tip the tesco driver. You have just said yourself that the job was well paid. Indeed more than the shop staff. You also said it was company policy not to accept tips.
    Therefore, the answer to the question is: No, whether you want to or not!

Thanks for confirming my confirmation. LOL. Glad thats all sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

brokenarms wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming my confirmation. LOL. Glad thats all sorted.

No, no. You said not to if you don't want to. While your piece clearly gave reasons not to, irrespective of whether you want to or not. There is a big difference between the two.

No, no. You said not to if you don't want to. While your piece clearly gave reasons not to, irrespective of whether you want to or not. There is a big difference between the two.

. No probs. I understand.
    People will always be people though. And although it is not necessary to tip, or expected, it would be very rare to find anyone in this planet that would turn down a pound when pushed into the hand.
    I prefared a cuppa if is was on offer, and there was time. I found the job very rewarding socially like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement