Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Radiosonde wrote: »
    I see they censored the whole cousins marrying thing. There should be at least one gay couple possible...I thought Virion could marry that gender neutral monk after their initial flirtation...but, no.

That's a new one on me. Going on the list.

Its on Psone and it is rereleased on Xbox Live. Its a turn based strategy and not really RPG, but i promise to you, Every single time you see new level you will go " **** OFF!!! ITS NOT FAIR!! HOW TYHE FECK I SUPPOST TO WIN THIS?!?!". After good few fails you will be a master of hexagon turn based strategy. ;)

I have to warn you. ITS VERY HARD GAME. No stupid stuff like building millions of units and steam rolling. Here every unit counts as a solid bar of gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Wasnt more coming our way anyway? SMT X Fire Emblem game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I don't seem to remember any of the other FE games letting the enemy deploy reinforcements and move them on the same turn. This is really annoying in Awakening as you get stung in the rear and are usually forced to repeat the level and memorize the turns they show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

penev10 wrote: »
    I don't seem to remember any of the other FE games letting the enemy deploy reinforcements and move them on the same turn. This is really annoying in Awakening as you get stung in the rear and are usually forced to repeat the level and memorize the turns they show up.

Stops you from letting them from coming onto you and forces you onto the offensive. I like it as it can really help level up some units and you are usually warned of it by the dialogue.
    It cna be frustrating when your pegasus knight get whacked by a new bowman though :o.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It cna be frustrating when your pegasus knight get whacked by a new bowman though :o.
    It's my Dancer that keeps getting it in the neck!

Ah tis only a minor annoyance in an otherwise excellent game.

It's my Dancer that keeps getting it in the neck!

Ah tis only a minor annoyance in an otherwise excellent game.

I lost my dancer fairly quickly. On a second play through on hard, again, but trying to not lose anyone without resetting.
    If I can do that or get close, ill try lunatic mode again.

I lost my dancer fairly quickly. On a second play through on hard, again, but trying to not lose anyone without resetting.
    If I can do that or get close, ill try lunatic mode again.
    I'm finding Hard more than doable. Bar chapter 12 I'm only resetting an average of once per battle. Usually on the challenge battles where I'm trying to level my lesser units. Might try an ironman run (ala XCOM) after as it's only crap units I lose.
    Stahl
    could do the levels singlehandedly at this stage!

I lost so far only on unit. that girl healer on horse. cant even remember her name. As I lost her on same battle I got her.
    Vaike and Frederic are still two power houses. I just let them go solo and feck up poor bastards upside down. Your main character becomes really good too after upgrade. I am trying him to get in love with that nerdy mage with glasses ( sorry, crap at names :p ).

Vaike and Frederic are still two power houses. .
    I'm finding Vaike to be next to useless. I have him on Level 19 now so I'm hoping when I promote him he'll get better. Playing most of the game without a decent axe user feels a bit unbalanced. Perhaps I should have used a Second Seal on someone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lunatic mode again.

LoL :D Is that the actual name of it?

I'm finding Vaike to be next to useless. I have him on Level 19 now so I'm hoping when I promote him he'll get better. Playing most of the game without a decent axe user feels a bit unbalanced. Perhaps I should have used a Second Seal on someone.

well, my vaike is now a "Hero". I upgraded his class. He has like 50hp and hits like a Feck truck.

I'm finding Hard more than doable. Bar chapter 12 I'm only resetting an average of once per battle. Usually on the challenge battles where I'm trying to level my lesser units. Might try an ironman run (ala XCOM) after as it's only crap units I lose.
    Stahl
    could do the levels singlehandedly at this stage![/

it can be difficult at times to power up some of the criminally under levelled later additions. I've taken to using the dlc exponential growth, great for powering up the weaker guys but its tempting to grind it though.

Lol on your spoiler. It's the slow speed at the start that screws that one over but I found that unit can be great if you can power up.

My onto chapter 13 now on my replay and just had a reset there now but I'm using my divided attention as am excuse, had my mind on cinema times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I lost so far only on unit. that girl healer on horse. cant even remember her name. As I lost her on same battle I got her.
    Vaike and Frederic are still two power houses. I just let them go solo and feck up poor bastards upside down. Your main character becomes really good too after upgrade. I am trying him to get in love with that nerdy mage with glasses ( sorry, crap at names :p ).

Chrom! I played as a girl and he fell in love with me.

Spoiler re what happens when this happens:
    Chrom not only marries you but the future one is your child and his. Awww

Vaike is a excellent character and I found pairing him with Panne struck fear into the enemy.
    Whats everyone best pairings?

gubbie wrote: »
    Chrom! I played as a girl and he fell in love with me.

Spoiler re what happens when this happens:
    Chrom not only marries you but the future one is your child and his. Awww

I am a bit puzzled.
    I play as a Male, so Chrom is not hitting on me. Things is My chrom went all heels in with Sully. Is that Scripted or that some how worked out? I dont have her in my standing army at all, she is like level 7.

As for myself, I am working to have my character to be friends with Mirriel. Both of them make some powerful combo so far and I am only on support B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

My best pairing was probably MyUnit and Lucina. My best individual unit, though, was definitely Donnel after levelling him up. He could pretty much destroy armies single handedly (I paired him with Tharja for the fun of it).

Vaike is a excellent character and I found pairing him with Panne struck fear into the enemy.
    Whats everyone best pairings?

Frederic + Cordelia. He is pure Strengh and defence, where she gives him speed. I just put them together and send out to wreck stuff. I dont even bother checking how many enemy forces surround them.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    My best pairing was probably MyUnit and Lucina. My best individual unit, though, was definitely Donnel after levelling him up. He could pretty much destroy armies single handedly (I paired him with Tharja for the fun of it).

I finally changed his class. Still kept his pot! :mad: Looks like he finally will be worth it. He is damn hard to level up to 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I am a bit puzzled.
    I play as a Male, so Chrom is not hitting on me. Things is My chrom went all heels in with Sully. Is that Scripted or that some how worked out? I dont have her in my standing army at all, she is like level 7.

As for myself, I am working to have my character to be friends with Mirriel. Both of them make some powerful combo so far and I am only on support B.
    Chrom has to get married by Chapter 11. If he hasn't got an S rank with someone by then, he's automatically married to one of 5 characters (4 if you're male like you were), as long as they've not already married. Sumia is most likely, with Sully in the middle.
    I finally changed his class. Still kept his pot! :mad: Looks like he finally will be worth it. He is damn hard to level up to 10.

I used the free dlc to help level him up and paired him up with another character always to get a boost in his stats.

Also, I wouldn't get too reliant on Frederick. He tends to get left behind later on by other classes as he's already a promoted class.

• Advertisement

Never used the early promoted tanks in emblem games, they just Hoover up valuable exp points.

Never used the early promoted tanks in emblem games, they just Hoover up valuable exp points.
    I tried warning folks of this when the game came out! Also, they usually have promoted at level 10 stats so they are rubbish long term compared to units promoted at level 20. The pairing system does give them a use though compared to previous games where their only function was as unequipped bait.

On the subject of pairing, I stopped using the feature after the early levels. Once my units couldn't be one-shotted the benefits of an extra DEF boost were negated by the fact you have one less unit at your disposal. I'm finding the support interactions much more useful/strategic. If you have an S rank relationship the other unit will strike for free 80% of the time! It feels like cheating its so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

This is the first time when that rule doesn't really apply, certainly not like it used to.

Use them as a bodyguard attachment to power up weak units for a handful of missions then second seal them when you get the chance and they're good to go. EXP also grows on trees in this game so it doesn't matter as much where it goes.

I usually end up liking the usual promoted starter unit and having to leave them to rot in every game sucks, I hate a lot of things they changed in this game but viable starter unit is nice at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm certainly guilty of using the tanks over-zealously early on, but even when I course-corrected Frederick was still absolutely invaluable. Especially when master sealed / second sealed, he could easily head off and take off whole squads himself, taking a bare minimum of the damage early on. Himself, Virion and my main were the three most reliable throughout. Others that were useful early on became less useful (Panne and Kellam, who were a wonderful pair for the middle chapters) while some ones snuck out of the woodwork in the late game to become invaluable powerhouses in their own right (particularly Lucina and Tiki).

Good teams? My main and Olivia were an excellent team, Virion and Tiki towards the end, Vaike and either Maribelle or Lisse (Vaike was a great unit, but tended to find he soaked up damage if he was unsupported).

This is the first time when that rule doesn't really apply, certainly not like it used to.

Use them as a bodyguard attachment to power up weak units for a handful of missions then second seal them when you get the chance and they're good to go. EXP also grows on trees in this game so it doesn't matter as much where it goes.

I usually end up liking the usual promoted starter unit and having to leave them to rot in every game sucks, I hate a lot of things they changed in this game but viable starter unit is nice at least.

Sure he can be used a pairing but on his own he can still waste exp points, even if there is an abundance of such points in the game.
    If you don't use the dlc or abuse the wireless features there isn't that much exp points early on in the game and by the time there is, Frederick is pants.

Advertisement