Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

her.ie deleting comments on articles

Options
  • 18-04-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I read an inane article on the her.ie website that I found to be both boring and sexist. I left a comment saying as much underneath and found today that they deleted the comment. I understand wanting to keep comments positive, by deleting trollish comments for example, but this comment was my genuine opinion, one that happened to disagree with the article.

Just wanted to share this experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I'm not surprised that site and the one it sprung from are pretty awful in terms of content and comment management.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

brb... Registering hurr.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Bacardi Breezers, pink and Herdot.ie for the girlies and WKD, blue and Joe.ie for the lads...

I had never heard of this site before this thread, spent the last few days reading "articles" on it... I do hope no one is being paid for their submissions because seriously!! And censorship of opinion ranks high in my list of sites to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pixie_dust

I'd love to know if they actually make money from it like :/

The few articles that I have read on it have been a bit flaky and fluffy and each to their own - just not what I want to be reading all the time.

Also the site is mostly pink - it's like just cause it is aimed at women - they chose 'pink'. Lame.

I might not be right on this - but is it made by the same people that made joe.ie? - if so, why isn't it called mary.ie or josie.ie. Could wildly be interpreted as sexist.

Also I hate sites that delete comments like that. There is a thing called freedom of speech, and if you're gonna put a comment feature on a national website - you should be looking for views from everyone. Even the trolls.

• Advertisement

Having an opinion does not equal trolling. Having a negative opinion on an article is feedback, and all feedback is good.

Their problem, honestly, I wont be visiting that site again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

When I heard about Her.ie I was interested in having a look, as Joe.ie, while reviled by a lot of guys for being all laddish caricature, is still quite witty and clever at times.

I actually thought Her.ie was a piss-take. It reminded me of the Malibu Stacey episode of The Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

Her.ie is the most ridiculous site i've ever come across! Their brain dead articles aimed towards women are complete non sense that make my skin crawl!

Their articles are fluffy,flakey and contain no journalistic talent whatsoever!

Hellogiggles.com is a similar site, but their articles are much better, and they don't stereotype women.

Advertisement