Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approaching a Dog Owner

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

When I had my boxer I had a harness for him on the lead and a collar,I went to the national stadium to the dog training they use to do on a Tuesday.to say the least I was belittled and insulted and told if I wanted to control the dog while out walking not to use a harness to get a choker for him..I never went back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Wils110 wrote: »
    When I had my boxer I had a harness for him on the lead and a collar,I went to the national stadium to the dog training they use to do on a Tuesday.to say the least I was belittled and insulted and told if I wanted to control the dog while out walking not to use a harness to get a choker for him..I never went back

That's nonsense. I walk a 40k GSD in a harness and can control him no problem. All a choker would do is harm my dog's neck. I don't even like walking my dog in a flat collar, and indeed just use that for his indentification badges and disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

noddyone2 wrote: »
    I too done this a good few years ago. I would recommend it: the dog got a good home with me, the previous ''owner'' learnt a hard lesson. So everyone got something.

Mod Note: We DO NOT advocate stealing someone elses pet i.e property, even if you feel it is in everyone's best interests. This is theft regardless of whether it benefits the animal.

Advertisement