Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rectify [Sundance - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Finished it last night last. Really excellent series.
    The breakup scene with Ted and Tawney was the best acting I have seen this year on the "small" screen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It meandered a little in the beginning but overall twas a superb season which finished excellently.

This is probably my fav scene all series. I loved Kerwin.:(

Beautiful television.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Just watched the finale and found it powerful to say the least. Have to agree about the scenes between Ted and Tawney, heart breaking stuff. The de-briefing scenes had me at the edge of my seat.
    I didn't get the relevance of Ted asking the sheriff if it was too late. Was he planning to get Daniel charged with assault. If so, do you reckon he did so to keep Daniel (and perhaps Tawney) in Paulie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Those last two episodes were fantastic. Very intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Just finished this tonight, fantastic show, the break up and debriefing scenes were brilliant.
    I wonder what was on the piece of paper Ted Jr was writing on, a suicide note perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭squonk

I caught up on this over the last few days. I was out sick and the show kept me sane! The reason I held back on watching it was because I wanted to rewatch Season 1 so that I could watch with some continuity. I'm so glad I did it this way. I also wanted to allocate some block time to watch several episodes in a go because I find the whole show incredibly addictive.

Season 2 was another great season. I love how slowly the story unfolds. I felt like I'd spent some time living in Georgia after finishing which was great. The fact that they just let scenes unfold and let you linger in the moment is just fantastic.

I've gone from being happy but unsure about Daniel when he was released to feeling sorry for him, to now being a bit suspicious about him and now I'm torn between rooting for him and hoping he learns lessons from his stupidity.

Poor old Ted Jr. He's living in a situatio he can't possibly control. Daniel has taken his wife and his one effort to seize back some control over his own destiny is, undertandably, falling to bits. It wasn't hard to see that he'd get ripped off ove rthe rims. I find it hard to pin point what he and Tawny have in common that would have led them to get married. I suspect he's changed over time. I loved that they focused on the affair an an emotional one. Most shows take the lower hanging fruit route but this was just exquisitely done. The breakup was heartbreaking yet you knew it was coming but just didn't know quite when.

I'm really looking forward to Season 3. This is probably hands down the best, most fulfilling shows I've ever watched on TV. Many more watched True Detective which was equally slow moving and unfolding but I think it's almost a cheap knock off of the type of storytelling that Rectify excels at. I completely adore this show and it's always going to be one I'll come back to, much like a favourite book. I suspect with the passing of years and my own increased depth of knowledge of the worlds, people and their emotions that I'll notice new things with each watch. Television doens't get finer than this!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 84,971 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

First episode of Season 3 was aired last night and is on Canadian Netflix today for anyone interested. I'm going to watch it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

how did series 3 start off? I really liked series 1 but thought 2 fell back a bit, am hoping for a bounce in series 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

So that was a great episode but I had no clue this season was only six episodes :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I just saw that. For possibly the slowest show on television so few episodes is criminal.

just caught up, it's really picking up. 3 seasons of crawling and the final episode of s3 only 6 episodes in is on tomorrow. It's an extended one so hopefully tie up a few loose ends though presume they'll need to leave something for a s4 if there is one

just caught up, it's really picking up. 3 seasons of crawling and the final episode of s3 only 6 episodes in is on tomorrow. It's an extended one so hopefully tie up a few loose ends though presume they'll need to leave something for a s4 if there is one

There is going to be a season 4, its already been renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what happened to teddy's money problems? the store was still struggling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

what happened to teddy's money problems? the store was still struggling?
    It might still be, very little time has passed over this season. Wouldn't be too surprised to not hear about that again, it's mostly served its purpose in terms of pushing Teddy to the edge and off.

Christ, that finale covered a lot of ground. Next season has to be the final one now, right?
    Can't figure out what the senator's role in it all could have been, they left a pretty big opening in there that Daniel done it too.

Also, I assume the woman Ted was on about who he got emotionally close with when his marriage was falling apart was Janet?

The cast are all kinds of fantastic, aren't they? Sheriff Daggett's way more watchable than he has any right to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Just finished the finale: oh how beautiful it was.......I truly adore this show.

***cries that we have to wait a whole year for season 4***

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Not much happens in this show but that doesn't matter in the slightest. Great stuff all in all.

• Advertisement

It will receive it's UK premiere on the soon-to-launch AMC UK on Tuesday September 1st at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

Great Show... Think it needs to finish up in season 4 though... I think anymore would just drag it out.. Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Then Rectify....

yomamma wrote: »
    Great Show... Think it needs to finish up in season 4 though... I think anymore would just drag it out.. Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Then Rectify....

http://tvline.com/2016/01/08/rectify-cancelled-season-4-series-finale/

4th season will be last

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cant say I'm that disappointed, it was just getting going s3 and they cut it at 6 eps, 10-12 would have finished the story out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Seen this in most best shows of the year lists so gave it a go and really enjoying it too. The guy who plays Daniel is a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fourth season trailer is out.

In a fair world, the final season would have the same level of excitement that Breaking bad would but alas not to be.

However very excited. :)

Mods

would it be possible to set a poll where we can vote whether daniel is innocent or guilty before the fourth season starts?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Cannot wait for this. Such an amazing series.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 goldenshark

I just finish watching all 3 seasons lately and I really like it.I heard that season 4 is the last season, so sad...Hope it will be a good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 goldenshark

Do you guys think Daniel is guilty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Do you guys think Daniel is guilty?

No, my theory is a bit out there but I think her brother did it. He thought she was whoring around and lost his temper. He seems like a very very broken man and I think there's more to his story. The actor playing him is fantastic.

Advertisement