Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How might one become a barber?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You'll need to go to college at some stage to practice on people and learn to shave and dye hair and the like,I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

biko, biko, geeeeeeeeeeeze it was biko.
    I'm obviously missing something, care to enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

through chopping hair, one becomes a barber. It can be similar to sheep shearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I'm obviously missing something, care to enlighten me?

I asked and they said no, but if you have a torch, just shine it on yourself, the answer is within the beam.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

What kind of barbering are you interested in. The short, back and side's or the Sweeney Tod version.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

How might one become a barber?

Why, by attending the barbatorium young man, pass me 2 hal'pennys and I shall bring you by horse carriage post haste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Not an easy job OP.
    Some people are just not cut out for this. They get into a right lather.
    Follicle money.
    You might think it's a snip, but after they comb through the CVs you'll feel like tearing your hair out.
    And the profits are razor thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

You also need to be able to sing.

That doesn't apply in the army though- it's only civilian barbers that are required to sing.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

mattjack wrote: »
    Don't bother with the lift industry either , its always up and down , up and down , up an...................

Or the air conditioning business, that blows hot and cold
    :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The barber is a man who shaves only those men who do not shave themselves.

So who shaves the barber? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ahhh not the "who shaves the barber"again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Yore ma

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

However it comes to pass make sure you have a traditional barber shop pole, a cut throat razor, a leather strip to sharpen your razors, and plenty of nudey mags

None of this cosmopolitan ****e like assorted types of gel and hairdryers

+ I approve...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

Shamozzle wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this for a while now. Barbering seems like decent job, I mean people need their hair cut no matter what. How would I go about becoming one? Is there a barber college? Or is it like an a apprenticeship?

One would most likely get a scissors and find a person whom is willing to barter for your services.... I doubt it to be too difficult my good man sure those riff raff from public schools can master it.

Advertisement