Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samantha Brick strikes again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2309037/I-wish-IVF-invented-Its-brought-joy-But-scientist-IVF-dies-Samantha-Brick-says-given-heartache-.html

Yes, because IVF didn't work for her, she wishes it had never been invented.

Bonus points to her for gratuitous mention of how great her fridge is, and going on to explain to the masses what a fridge is used for - storing things that need to be kept cool, in case you didn't know.

maybe we should put her in the fridge and take a page from tomb raider and lock it shut then.

just like the butler it doesn't kill her but makes her question her existance and the world will be a much nicer place without her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Why would she keep all the drugs from her failed IVF attempt in the bottom of her fridge?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Probably not a nice thing to say, but the world is probably a better place when a nasty and spiteful person like that isn't able to produce any more of her ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

her "present" husband, Pascal

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

that my husband and I are unable to conceive a child together naturally

Mainly due to the fact that both her and her husband are connected to an inhospitable cvnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

IVF gave her an extra chance that she would not otherwise have had and she thinks it shouldn't have been invented. Smart lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

She and Shona Sibary ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2273565/SHONA-SIBARY-I-know-horrified-But-I-slap-14-year-old-daughter.html ) are professional trolls (and bores) for the Daily Mail website.

Desperately squeezing "stories" out of their lives.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't give her the air publicity, she has nothing worthwhile to say.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

That woman seriously needs to get over herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

It has helped millions of people around the world, but since it didn't work for her, why should anyone have it? :rolleyes: The pinnacle of selfishness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

'...in the large American-style fridge which dominates my kitchen'.

Is it that her kitchen is small or that the fridge really is that big?

Anyway, she sounds like a spoiled child. I really hope that all women who fail to have children using IVF don't react in this way and to blame a dead man for her own inability to have children is disgraceful. I'm sure she thought him a saint when she first started treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Probably just pissed that she didnt get the IVF for free cus shes so attractive....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Samantha Brick next week: how some people didn't sympathize with me & therefore that's trolling & ruined my life.

Samantha Brick next year: how I wish the Daily Mail had never insisted on publishing my opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

She's just an attention seeking media whore!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I don't get what is so offensive.

Anyway IVF is probably one of the worst excesses of the modern world. Spend a massive amount of money to conceive a child while the same amount could save 100s.

What they also don't tell you about IVF is the increased number of conditions that occur.

There is no logical reason for IVF to be permitted and abortion to be disallowed it is a moral one.

Ray Palmer wrote: »

Anyway IVF is probably one of the worst excesses of the modern world. Spend a massive amount of money to conceive a child while the same amount could save 100s.

What they also don't tell you about IVF is the increased number of conditions that occur.

There is no logical reason for IVF to be permitted and abortion to be disallowed it is a moral one.

Because the right to have your own children is beyond a basic right. It is something hardwired into the very fabric of every species. We as a species have developed a way to do it even when there should be no chance of it. There is no describing maternal instinct. It has no rational, somethings it becomes worse than any other obsessive disorder for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People haven't realised that Brick, and the entire Daily Mail site aren't trolling? Bless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

If you read the link it's hard not to fell sorry for her, IVF is an emotional rollercoaster for anyone who goes through it.
    Don't judge her on her last story in the mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

This woman is such a high mix of sexy and intelligent that I'm seriously afraid she'll turn me straight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

If it had worked (as it has for millions of couples) she would be singing its praises. But because she was one of the unfortunate few who it didn't work for, get rid of it.

Riiiight.

I think this woman needs psychiatric attention tbh. She's a total narcissist and is unable to see past her own desires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ray Palmer wrote: »

If they have the money people should be allowed spend it however they like. Maybe it's publicly funded elsewhere, but in this country couples generally pay for it themselves. If they didn't spend the money on IVF they'd probably spend it on a holiday or something instead, so you can't really say that the money would save hundreds of other kids.

I know people who have had IVF and it hasn't worked for them. I know people who are hoping it will work for them in the future. What IVF gives is hope that these people otherwise wouldn't have. Saying that people should be denied that hope is what's so offensive.

HondaSami wrote: »
    If you read the link it's hard not to fell sorry for her, IVF is an emotional rollercoaster for anyone who goes through it.
    Don't judge her on her last story in the mail.

You cannot blame a woman for being angry that it has failed, ALL women who want it that much have a hard time dealing with the failures, and it puts more strain on some marriages that I have seen than even infidelity. It is the DM's fault for printing it, she will more than likely regret it in time to come when she realises her infantile ramblings get little sympathy due to her previous writings. But she is a narcissist. Her previous articles show that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

If it had worked (as it has for millions of couples) she would be singing its praises. But because she was one of the unfortunate few who it didn't work for, get rid of it.

Riiiight.

I think this woman needs psychiatric attention tbh. She's a total narcissist and is unable to see past her own desires.
    ''I admit that I wouldn’t be writing this if IVF had given me the child I longed for''

She freely admits this, Unfortunate few it does not work for ? what are the stats on the failure rate?

HondaSami wrote: »
    She freely admits this, Unfortunate few it does not work for ? what are the stats on the failure rate?

Only one in four of success, she is in the vast majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

She's a professional troll. With the guff TDM allows out she's perfect for riling people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

IVF gave her an extra chance that she would not otherwise have had and she thinks it shouldn't have been invented. Smart lady.

University educated smart lady. That's how she likes to describe herself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

What a bitter and rotten person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Only one in four of success, she is in the vast majority.

Fair enough, I'll admit I'm not aware of IVF stats. I've seen colleagues go through it and succeed, and I've seen the terrible toll it can take on someone when it fails.

However, it brings joy and completion to a lot of families- I hand on heart don't know if I'd do it if I found I couldn't get pregnant naturally, perhaps I would or perhaps I'd look at adoption instead.

But to wish it had never existed just because you didn't get your own way is ridiculous. Everyone who starts down that long road is aware that it may not happen for them.

I feel sorry that she was unable to conceive, but less so given her tantrum.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    She's a professional troll. With the guff TDM allows out she's perfect for riling people up.

Just came to post pretty much this.

The woman is a very successful troll, nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

She need to take a long haul flight where the pilot will gift her a bottle of bubbly and perk her up.....

Advertisement