Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were dinosaurs religious?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Galvasean wrote: »
    If you think T. rex's arms were small, spare a thought for poor disgruntled Carnotaurus who just has paws with fused immovable 'fingers' where his arms should be...
    http://www.geocities.ws/monchromon/carnotaurus01.jpg

God really didn't give Dinos a chance did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Jernal wrote: »
    God really didn't give Dinos a chance did he?

Well, going by conventional numbers, he gave them approximately 800 times longer on this Earth than human beings have had so far.

Zillah wrote: »
    Well, going by conventional numbers, he gave them approximately 800 times longer on this Earth than human beings have had so far.

To survive maybe, but to have fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

God works in mysterious ways. Now lets just leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

iDave wrote: »
    God works in mysterious ways. Now lets just leave it at that.

Amen iDave, you're preaching to the converted here. Like an iPad owner to iPhone owners.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Birroc wrote: »
    Is this guy the dinosaur devil? or divil?

2271513-devil_dinosaur_skaar_king_of_the_savage_land_1.jpg
    Jernal wrote: »
    To survive maybe, but to have fun?

Who needs hands when you have..... THIS!

kosemen%2Bstego.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

mono45ko.gif

What the hell am I looking at in that first image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

A big white dinosaur cock?

• Advertisement

Devil dinosaur.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yup.
    That's a big 'un.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

robindch wrote: »

The ending of that book really pissed me off, as it's one of the things I always hated about catholic theology, even when I still believed.

For those who haven't read the book don't open the following:
    telling a person who is dying horribly that ending their suffering early is wrong is the worst form of immorality IMO

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The ending of that book really pissed me off, as it's one of the things I always hated about catholic theology, even when I still believed.
    Thought the ending, so far as I remember it -- sharks et al, wasn't it? -- was pretty good.

The sanctity of suffering though - what a hideous thought, and certainly one worth thinking on the day the Supreme Court rejected Marie Fleming's appeal, while leaving open the possibility that the Dail might do something about it:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/marie-fleming-appeal-on-assisted-suicide-rejected-1.1376352

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Thought the ending, so far as I remember it -- sharks et al, wasn't it? -- was pretty good.

The sanctity of suffering though - what a hideous thought, and certainly one worth thinking on the day the Supreme Court rejected Marie Fleming's appeal, while leaving open the possibility that the Dail might do something about it:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/marie-fleming-appeal-on-assisted-suicide-rejected-1.1376352

*snort*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    *snort*

Yep, I can really see an FG-led government voting for (limited) euthanasia*.

*Except in the case of suicide ideation, because euthanasia is never a solution to suicide.

"What next Joe? Suicide on demand!"

I forgot about the shark, which was actually a coda to the book, not really a true ending.

The true ending came a bit earlier when the Abbot was arguing with a government scientist, and the girl's mother, over the morality of euthanising a young girl dying of radiation sickness. His piousness was sickening.

I forgot about the shark, which was actually a coda to the book, not really a true ending.

The true ending came a bit earlier when the Abbot was arguing with a government scientist, and the girl's mother, over the morality of euthanising a young girl dying of radiation sickness. His piousness was sickening.

Scratch book off reading list as blabber mouths have given away the ending. :mad:

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Scratch book off reading list as blabber mouths have given away the ending. :mad:

Read Tiger! Tiger! instead. In that book the solar system's governments had the good sense to ban religion altogether, and a cathedral gets used for its proper purpose, i.e. housing the circus of a wastrel playboy multi-millionaire.

• Advertisement

There was (might still be, it was ages ago) a great restaurant up in Donegal somewhere that was a retrofitted church. It was so much easier to appreciate the architecture while eating delicious food instead of a stale bit of rice paper that stuck to your mouth like peanut butter crossed with thrush...

Sarky wrote: »
    There was (might still be, it was ages ago) a great restaurant up in Donegal somewhere that was a retrofitted church. It was so much easier to appreciate the architecture while eating delicious food instead of a stale bit of rice paper that stuck to your mouth like peanut butter crossed with thrush...

and you know what this tastes like how?

You're talking to a chap who, at 27, developed a thyroid autoimmune problem normally associated with 60 year old women. You'd be amazed at the improbable medical adventures I've had.

Sarky wrote: »
    You're talking to a chap who, at 27, developed a thyroid autoimmune problem normally associated with 60 year old women. You'd be amazed at the improbable medical adventures I've had.

fair enough.

Due to gall stones and associated infection plus months on chemo for cancer I can confirm that most foods taste the same coming up as going down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Are we a little off topic? :rolleyes:

Birroc wrote: »
    Are we a little off topic?

You'll find we have a very broad interpretation of the word 'topic' in these here parts and will often meander into areas that may seem off 'topic' but are in fact part of a wider knowledge tapestry.

Just a little - yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

We'll need 6 doctors to certify if we're off-topic. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

We'll need 6 doctors to certify if we're off-topic. :pac:

Can we appeal their decision ?

Lapin wrote: »

Not... Dispute resolution....:eek:

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »

Yep but it goes before a panel of 3 moderators. Who then pass their recommendation up to admins who consult with Category Mods who then reconsult with mods who've forgotten what the appeal was about in the first place.
    It's a Vogon bureaucracy!

Advertisement