Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you think the catholics are deluded...check this out!!

Options
  • 13-04-2013 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Forgive me for using roman terms here but...jebus mariah and josophene!!
    This photo of a news article was sent to me and I thought I'd share..it should be attached to this post.

Nonsense sometimes know's no bounds! :eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Haha! Brilliant!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You might want to enter our caption competition!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84109984#post84109984

The winner gets a soul. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »

What if the winner is a ginger?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Jernal wrote: »
    What if the winner is a ginger?
    Stupid question. Everyone knows gingers can't have a soul. They will get a twix and a can of coke.

MrP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How did the feckin eejit not suffocate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Lapin wrote: »
    How did the feckin eejit not suffocate ?

He held his breath. With God all things are possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

jazis,you're ungodly quick around here :D
    The clipping is from today's mail,I'm told.
    Some people are damn Quare.

MrPudding wrote: »
    Stupid question. Everyone knows gingers can't have a soul. They will get a twix and a can of coke.

MrP

That sounds like reverse discrimination. Non Gingers get a poxy soul, whereas gingers get a twix AND a can of coke. Do you've any idea of the market value of a soul these days compared to twix and coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

My beard has a bit of ginger in it, could I choose what I get? I mean I like a good Twix but a can of coke is a can of coke...

Sarky wrote: »
    My beard has a bit of ginger in it, could I choose what I get? I mean I like a good Twix but a can of coke is a can of coke...

Scientifically speaking the reason for ginger beard is totally different to ginger head hair. So, no. We atheists are people of science!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Was the barrier of the giant plane that surrounds him not enough that he needed the security of a plastic bag:confused: Does he count as his own carry on

No fair, the gingers get all the perks in this brave new world :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Its an article in a rag, I done a bit of research and can find no evidence to suggest its true. Their could be a million reasons why that guy is wraped in plastic. Could be a joke, could be a dummy, could be Photoshopped. Sorry to rain on your parade guys.

Not a problem. I've a load of brollies on my float.

Rain ain't gonna dampen this party.

Its an article in a rag, I done a bit of research and can find no evidence to suggest its true. Their could be a million reasons why that guy is wraped in plastic. Could be a joke, could be a dummy, could be Photoshopped. Sorry to rain on your parade guys.
    Really? A million reasons for sitting on a plane in a bag?

MrP

Really? A million reasons for sitting on a plane in a bag?

MrP
    Well there could.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Jernal wrote: »
    Scientifically speaking the reason for ginger beard is totally different to ginger head hair. So, no. We atheists are people of science!

Linky please.

I googled for almost 30 seconds and got this from a Huffington Post article:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/el-al-decides-against-body-bags-for-kohanim-1.73451

Should you wish to try researching again, I know it is tough, trying using the search terms:

Man plastic bag aeroplane.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

jd83 wrote: »
    Was the barrier of the giant plane that surrounds him not enough that he needed the security of a plastic bag:confused: Does he count as his own carry on

Yea, I couldn't figure out what sort of impurities he thought could get through a pressurised metal cylinder yet could be stopped by a (presumably unsealed) plastic bag.

Linky please.

Jesus! You're such a demanding bunch of users. Linky this, source that, fallacy there, bias here. Pfft. In my day, we should accepted things at face value and never question them.

Rant aside, finding a link for this stuff has been hard. I keep landing in speculative discussions or blog posts. I'd always just understood it to be a case of genetics. You either carry a red head hair gene or you don't; if you have one you're a potential red beard. If you've got more then you're probably going to be a red head.

However, I need a citation for this, so take it with a pinch of salt. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Well, I'm disinclined to take that at face (or even chin) value.
    My understanding is that the receptor one gene for red hair is recessive, and hence you can have it and not be red haired at all, or have it and have red facial and body hair but not head hair, or be ginge all over.
    In other words, it's the interactions with more dominant genes which decides whether it manifests as red hair on head, face or elsewhere, not 'how much' of it you have, which is sort of meaningless in a binary context.

I googled for almost 30 seconds and got this from a Huffington Post article:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/el-al-decides-against-body-bags-for-kohanim-1.73451

Should you wish to try researching again, I know it is tough, trying using the search terms:

Man plastic bag aeroplane.

MrP

12 year old article from another rag that states nobody was ever allowed to travel like that. Excellent research skills there :rolleyes:

By all means explain (with citations) the Jewish chap in the bag if you have the real story... otherwise the parade goes on. :)

By all means explain (with citations) the Jewish chap in the bag if you have the real story... otherwise the parade goes on. :)

Why are you having fun at someone who has religious beliefs? That's his business (assuming the article is true).

Your a bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Your a bully.

You're a bully for saying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Ok. So... If the story is true that he isn't allowed touch the dead... Has no one ever told him the likely source of the plastic?

Why are you having fun at someone who has religious beliefs? That's his business (assuming the article is true).

Your a bully.
    Kivaro wrote: »
    You're a bully for saying that.

Folks,

No bully accusations please.

Ta,

Bully for you, Journal.

Sarky wrote: »
    Bully for you, Journal.

Linky?