Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh V Connacht murrayfield fri 12th @7.30pm April Not on tv (Yet again)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

CONNACHT TRY!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Who scored it? Was it converted?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭blackhound

TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(not sure who scored)

24-29

Under the jumper now.

24-29

Brian Murphy.

Retained kick off. Keeping it tight right now

• Advertisement

According to the Rabo Match day tracker thing they are saying Robbie Henshaw got it. Doesn't matter who got it though! It must be nearly over by now though.

Connacht penalty in Edinburgh 22. Park penalty 10m in front of posts. Last kick of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

How come Loughney got binned?

24-32

NO BP FOR EDINBURGH!

MASSIVE RESULT! Well done lads

I really wasn't expecting a win at half time. Delighted with that.

• Advertisement

Great result. That should move us ahead of Cardiff and only 3 behind Treviso?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Well that's my Edinburgh season bet dead....

Anyway well done Connacht!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Great result! Big win for Conn!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jeez last time I checked it was 19-18... Sounded like a cracker of a game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

seanin4711 wrote: »
    blah blah inconveniently accurate stuff here blah
    only one winner here!

You were saying? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Zzippy wrote: »
    You were saying? ;)

how many penalties conceeded and two yellows and we still mange to win.
    seems to be our trend but the latter part lets us down ALL the time.
    I am glad they won.
    if your going to quote me quote me correctly.

"giving away penalties and wait for the yellow cards coming.
    love to know our disciplinary record cannot be that good."

any of this untrue?throughout the whole season?

how is what i say inconvenient?

I am glad they won.

5th in fair play league. not that bad overall. average in the league

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I am glad they won.

Ok, if you go out the back door and hunt about a bit you might find your sense of humour again. I was only pulling you up on the "only one winner here" bit - i.e. oh ye of little faith... it was a lighthearted remark.

The rest of what you said was inconvenient because it was true, hence "inconveniently accurate".

Lighten up, jeez! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Too be honest, I wasn't confident prior to this game at all, with the talk of flu throughout the squad and with then injuries we had, I thought it was going to be an uphill battle. Too many times I have gone to Murrayfield to see Connacht failing to turn up, although we had a chance to turn that around in one of Elwoods first seasons.

This was a great win on the road. Was only a few years ago that away wins were unheard of for us in this competition. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ok, if you go out the back door and hunt about a bit you might find your sense of humour again. I was only pulling you up on the "only one winner here" bit - i.e. oh ye of little faith... it was a lighthearted remark.

The rest of what you said was inconvenient because it was true, hence "inconveniently accurate".

Lighten up, jeez! ;)

try to be as realistic as possible every time they play.
    I would love to see them play out of their skins every week but games where they could and should win they lose or struggle badly!
    Games that they (on paper) shouldn't,they do biarritz and leinster.
    They have not been consistent in the 12 years I have been attending games.which frustrates the be-jaysus out of me!
    Ulster next week and I really hope that the place is packed and get on ulsters back and maybe just maybe we could get a result.
    There is a worrying trend every season where the period after christmas we are always fecked with injuries and cannot take advantage of the other teams missing players through 6N prep.

Squad rotation needs to happen more and give the young lads a run not just when there is an injury to a regular player(Duffy and Henshaw).

Give them experience throughout next season from the get go!
    hope Pat Lam doesnt have any pre-concieved ideas of who he was informed are the starting XV and he draws from a blank page as thats what needed!

Yours optimistically,
    Johnnyboy4711

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

try to be as realistic as possible every time they play.
    I would love to see them play out of their skins every week but games where they could and should win they lose or struggle badly!
    Games that they (on paper) shouldn't,they do biarritz and leinster.
    They have not been consistent in the 12 years I have been attending games.which frustrates the be-jaysus out of me!
    Ulster next week and I really hope that the place is packed and get on ulsters back and maybe just maybe we could get a result.
    There is a worrying trend every season where the period after christmas we are always fecked with injuries and cannot take advantage of the other teams missing players through 6N prep.

Squad rotation needs to happen more and give the young lads a run not just when there is an injury to a regular player(Duffy and Henshaw).

Give them experience throughout next season from the get go!
    hope Pat Lam doesnt have any pre-concieved ideas of who he was informed are the starting XV and he draws from a blank page as thats what needed!

Yours optimistically,
    Johnnyboy4711

I agree that squad rotation is key in principle, but I don't think your giving credit when its due. A look at our squad shows the importance we give the young players. The likes of Henshaw, Buckley, McKeon, Kearney and Marmion (oldest 22) all established themselves as either first choice or first replacement in their positions. Browne, Poolman , Faloon and JHW are slightly older players (24/25/26) who again cemented themselves in the squad. Not to mention the likes of McSharry, Griffin, TOH and Tonetti who did the same in previous seasons. Even Darragh Leader (19), Danny Qualter (21) and JP Cooney (22) got runs in the senior side at one point or another.

The only young player who, IMO, deserves a shot and hasn't got one is Shane Layden. But he has been cursed with injuries this season so its not a failing of the squad or management not picking him.

We have a very strong academy right now but a lot of them would be far better off playing in the A side and continuing their development their rather than being thrown in at the deep end. Not every young lad is going to work out like Robbie Henshaw and you could do serious damage to their confidence if they are played too soon when they are not ready.

Advertisement