Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 20, 27th april, Mardyke/woolshed pub

Options
  • 11-04-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

we are reaching that time of the month again, and this time with a heads up unlike my epic fail last month that we shall all forget and never mention to me.........EVER!!! :p

i hope this reaches all of you fighters out their in time to make arrangements in order to make time for Tempest 20th.....

Tempest 20th!!!!

it is the 20th tempest fellow fighters, its the big 20 and we should make it worth it or try at least. any plans for improvements or ideas will be looked into with me and of course the fighters.

what i think maybe a silly idea but we do need more screens to play on as for getting the systems no one minds to bring them if needed.

so what i propose is we think on how to get more cash for equipment and to find a good cheap.....really cheap screens to buy.

but that is just me.

i look forward to hearing your ideas or concepts or how to move this along.

thanks

The Venue as usual shall be The Mardyke/woolshed in Shears St.

The starting times are as normal, 13:00 to 18:00
    Fee's are the same 12 euros ( the 2 extra euros are for the equipment funds )

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;
    fW63J.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers. ( or top two finishers based on group votes and based on the lack on entries to make the payouts worth it )

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

(REMINDER) If i ever get delayed in doing this just to remind you guys that the tournament is held on the last Saturday of every month so make sure you put that in your diary, unless college, personal or other issues prevent you from coming it will never the less be on the last sat of every month.
    if for any other reason the tournament will not be on then you all will be told promptly

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

I'm in!

EQUIPMENT:

just a reminder that we are lacking on equipment as the the mardyke has removed their big screen and we only have the one that Sairus had left us.

any screens that you can bring will be helpful plus any extras you think would be handy in this current situation we are in.

please mention if you could bring anything that would help thank you

Ill bring along my tv and playstation again o/

• Advertisement

Valormeer wrote: »
    Ill bring along my tv and playstation again o/

thanks valormeer. will be looking forward towards your T.Hawk skills

hows the playstation pad converter doing for ya?

Crap man never worked for some reason gonna order another one. Droppin all the combos on dat xbox pad.

No worries about tv and ps. Ill just assume you always need em and just bring em everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Regarding the monitor problem... I guess we would need a permanent place to keep them but old CRT TVs are dirt cheap and lagless and the consoles do have composite outputs. Dunno if it's workable but throwing it out there.

I'm back to 'work' (playing weddings, if that counts) on the 18th but incredibly, I have that Saturday off, so I'll try to make it down for this.

also forgot to mention that my brother from england is making it for this tournament

SKREAMZ or SKREAMZ83

its one of then but i have a feeling that some of the dublin players have played him and would like another chance at him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

My brother and I should be able to make this with my monitor and 360. Should be bringing the recording equipment again too, though I haven't had a chance to work on improving quality. :(

I might bring along my PS3 too, if anybody is interested in some KOF 13/VF 5/MK 9/DOA 5/Darkstalkers casuals. Have AE for the 360 obviously, but also SFxT downloaded by my brother, even though after playing it he says he hates it, and I have played exactly 1 game with him.

On to monitors. Cheap is fine, as long as they're playable. My own one is 'lagless' (about half a frame, basically an LED version of ASUS's "EVO" monitor). It's "cheap" in the grand scheme of things, but in relation to the funds I'm assuming are available to us at the moment, definitely not cheap. CRTs are the best option in respect of gameplay, but I'm sure everybody realises the biggest hurdle with them is storage/transportation. I have one sitting in my room, but there is no way I am going to travel to Cork with it on the train. :P

If we are going to splash out on some monitors though, for the love of God, stay consistent and stick with buying a few of one model. Personally, I find nothing more infuriating than getting through pools/a knockout game, moving on to another setup, and having to battle through a new input latency as well as my opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shokashi wrote: »
    also forgot to mention that my brother from england is making it for this tournament

SKREAMZ or SKREAMZ83

its one of then but i have a feeling that some of the dublin players have played him and would like another chance at him :p

Same brother that attended Glacial a few times?

Sounds like we are going to be having a good ammount of people this time. Mahvel Side Tourny pls?! OR SFXT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be there! I have good connectionso I've been hype for sf all month.

Yeah and for monitors I would say, if it is cheap, make it a crt. Otherwise, as has been said, we should just see how much a good one costs, then we could have casuals in a house or the same venue and all just throw a bit of money at getting a good one. Like mack's one.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Same brother that attended Glacial a few times?

no, this one is living in england and the one that came to glacial was a friend of mine that just happens to be from england too lol

Chris IWS wrote: »
    My brother and I should be able to make this with my monitor and 360. Should be bringing the recording equipment again too, though I haven't had a chance to work on improving quality. :(

I might bring along my PS3 too, if anybody is interested in some KOF 13/VF 5/MK 9/DOA 5/Darkstalkers casuals. Have AE for the 360 obviously, but also SFxT downloaded by my brother, even though after playing it he says he hates it, and I have played exactly 1 game with him.

On to monitors. Cheap is fine, as long as they're playable. My own one is 'lagless' (about half a frame, basically an LED version of ASUS's "EVO" monitor). It's "cheap" in the grand scheme of things, but in relation to the funds I'm assuming are available to us at the moment, definitely not cheap. CRTs are the best option in respect of gameplay, but I'm sure everybody realises the biggest hurdle with them is storage/transportation. I have one sitting in my room, but there is no way I am going to travel to Cork with it on the train. :P

If we are going to splash out on some monitors though, for the love of God, stay consistent and stick with buying a few of one model. Personally, I find nothing more infuriating than getting through pools/a knockout game, moving on to another setup, and having to battle through a new input latency as well as my opponent.

i do agree the crt's would be a good options for a lag-less screens but the storage or transportation is the issue. perhaps i may be able to find a local centre to store and have to tourneys, but the gets rid of the free food and drink that the mardyke provides at a cheap rate.

i do agree the crt's would be a good options for a lag-less screens but the storage or transportation is the issue. perhaps i may be able to find a local centre to store and have to tourneys, but the gets rid of the free food and drink that the mardyke provides at a cheap rate.

Won't someone Please think of the Chicken Tenders

cropped-biblethump.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Buying CRTs is not a good plan, they're very bulky, heavy and difficult to transport and store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

working saturday, will try to swap a shift with someone but with the munster game that day it's not looking good

Yo I'm grinding out a pocket Sakura if my Hawk gets blown up

CHANGES

ok there is a slight change in the starting times for this week as there was a mix-up with their side

instead of 13:00 to 18:00

we are now 12:00 to 17:00

• Advertisement

I'll be there at 12 o/

Weird. I was there at 12 two months ago and the gates were locked. Didn't open until half past, afaik. :P

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Weird. I was there at 12 two months ago and the gates were locked. Didn't open until half past, afaik. :P

ahh yeah. just go through the woolshed pub in the back where the kitchen is and you are there.

ahh yeah. just go through the woolshed pub in the back where the kitchen is and you are there.

We gonna be seeing some more of that Dudley Shokashi?

We gonna be seeing some more of that Dudley Shokashi?

indeed you will. i will have a mix of dudly, cody and blanker

if you get some time before sat maybe we can get some one on one casuals? up to you bro

Yeah Man I'll be there from 12 on the dot. We can play some, I've been playing Sakura alot actually and some Ryu. Just trying to get a pocket character too back up the Hawk. Still gonna Main T-hawk Tho

1151968-l_hawk04.jpg

Ah I reread that part. Sorry i'm working Monday - Friday 1pm-10pm What system are you playing on PC? I have it for PC and PS3. I can play after work normally.

Ah I reread that part. Sorry i'm working Monday - Friday 1pm-10pm What system are you playing on PC? I have it for PC and PS3. I can play after work normally.

ouch thats a late finish. cause i live in carrigaline so i think i am around the corner from you....ish. what are you live in and i can find how far or if i can travel?

you know me i have the xbox and thats it. i do have a ps3 but not the game

Yeah man I live in Donnybrook - Greenvalley Douglas. Have a Check out and see how close we are.

running a tad bit late. car troubles as there is no fuel, running down the road to get some. i will be 15 mins late-ish. if you are there before me. dont hesitate to set up and play away

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm not gonna make it at all. :(
    After a long week of work, I only woke up at 11 this morning. Paul (Easy) wasn't gonna be able to come up with me at all, so bringing my stuff by myself on the train was always gonna be tough. Will need to buy a big-ass suitcase or something to bring everything together.

Anyway, how many Tempests are left at this stage? College-goers are moving into test season soon enough, aren't they?

Advertisement