Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Harmony® 650 Universal Remote - Blemished Box €39.99 [Logitech]

Options
  • 11-04-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Logitech are selling the Harmony 650 Remote (In a blemished box) for €39.99 and Free Delivery.
    Irrelevant, but I received a keyboard from them once in a "blemished" box. I didn't see any blemishes at all..

26419.png

Logitech Harmony® 650 Remote - Blemished Box - €39.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have the 600 and its a fantastic device.

Great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Does this work with Sky+ boxes?

Does it work with pretty much anything that has a remote control?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

ToadVine wrote: »

Yeah will work with a Sky+ box and any ir device. For bluetooth devices(PS3) you need to buy an adaptor.

http://reviews.cnet.com/remote-controls/logitech-harmony-650/4505-7900_7-33981226.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ToadVine wrote: »

adox wrote: »
    Yeah will work with a Sky+ box and any ir device. For bluetooth devices(PS3) you need to buy an adaptor.

http://reviews.cnet.com/remote-controls/logitech-harmony-650/4505-7900_7-33981226.html

As Adox said, yep. It will also work with most HTPC's that have a built in IR device, and then your 20 year old stereo, or "Boom box".. :pac: ... and some media players.

I saw a thread somewhere (Possibly a different forum) stating that it works with WDTV.

Ordered mine for the Arctic, hopefully all going smoothly will work out of the box. It is also possible to make it work with almost anything that takes a remote.

Google "Logitech 650 and your device"

I don't have a lot of experience with the logitech remotes, but everywhere i look they get brilliant reviews. Great device for this price, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Google "Logitech 650 and your device"

I just done that and ended up on this page...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Didn't need to buy one there, but just did, thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Thanks Allyall. Great find!
    I have the Logitech Harmony 555 for about 7 years now. Best money I ever spent. Fully customisable. The 555 could 'learn' IR signals for devices that were not in the database. I'm hoping the 650 does the same :)

Just bought one of these as it's time for an upgrade. Great value.

The only recommendation I have is that you use rechargeable batteries with it. If you're replacing several remotes, you will go through batteries more quickly as you'll be using this remote for everything.

Cheers,

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

I'm about to pull the trigger on this bay boy.

Can someone tell me if it will work with a UPC DVR Digital box? I can't seem to find much about it on the logitech site.

Any links for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003BJTPBW
    You could save a few quid by going for the 300 version only thing is doesn't have the lcd screen. got one last week through parcel Motel €22.00... Downloads the codes automatically when you connect it to laptop from their drop down menu select your TV or hifi, works on my humax HDR1000s as sky replacement... even can shut down all devices you have tuned in to it by one touch button... Doesn't work on the wife though :

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

spannerism wrote: »
    I'm about to pull the trigger on this bay boy.

Can someone tell me if it will work with a UPC DVR Digital box? I can't seem to find much about it on the logitech site.

Any links for this?

I've used my Harmony 555 remote with a UPC DVR with no problem. You can find this device in the database (you enter the model number).
    I'm assuming the 650 will use the same database. I think the UPC DVR I used was made my 'Thomson' - that's how it appeared in the database.

Hope this helps

DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

After all the fuss a while back about these when I had zero money I finally get one!

Lets hope it'll drive me home after a few pints now :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If you have a lot of AV equipment they are a must buy.
    I had a 525 and upgraded to the harmony one, from a previous BA!

They are a fantastic bit of kit and control pretty much anything IR. They can learn signals too which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Guys,

Ive read that Logitech/Harmony is closing down so these remotes may no longer be supported.

Read zg's post here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055746646

Oh, try this discount code too: GSLOGI15 supposed to be 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Don't need one..

..but hey...it's BA!!!

Ordered

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

49.65 for me ?? free shipping gone?

In Stock EUR 79.99 EUR 39.99
    Shipping Method: Estimated Shipping with Tax: :
    EUR 15.66
    Orders are subject to order processing times. Items may be shipped from a variety of carriers including UPS.
    Coupon or Promotional Code (optional)
    Discount -EUR 6.00
    Sub-Total EUR 49.65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Wanna buy me one and I will do a straight swap for this brand new Lenova Multimedia remote:
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-peripherals/multimedia-remote-control-keyboard-backlit/2836620

:p

delete if i have broke the rules !

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

chris1970 wrote: »
    49.65 for me ?? free shipping gone?

In Stock EUR 79.99 EUR 39.99
    Shipping Method: Estimated Shipping with Tax: :
    EUR 15.66
    Orders are subject to order processing times. Items may be shipped from a variety of carriers including UPS.
    Coupon or Promotional Code (optional)
    Discount -EUR 6.00
    Sub-Total EUR 49.65

dont use the discount, the free delivery must be if you purchase above a certain price...

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Sold out now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I have one of these. For the most part it's great, though bear in ind there's a limit (5 IIRC) to the number of devices you can program into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Nice one OP - just ordered one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

argh sold out! if anyone doesnt want theirs ill buy from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

fyi its worth keeping an eye on the UK site also as they tend to have different discounts - eitehr site can be cheaper for a reduced product at anytime (either blemished or closeout products - plus both sites tend to have different stocks from my experience:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/special-offers/blemished-box

e.g in the closeout sale they have a set of headphones reduced on UK site to £59.50 whereas on the euro site they are €100.99:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/special-offers/closeout
    http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/special-offers/closeout

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

As mentioned above, it's sold out.
    I was above to purchase one to replace my old Lidl universal remote that had a good life (until the kids got to it).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mine just arrived, not a thing wrong with the box :) Nice find OP, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Got mine yesterday, havent had a chance to setup.

Did take it out of the box and have noticed upon shaking it there's something loose inside. Hope all is OK? It was the same with the harmony 850 I'm replacing, there was a rattle in that one too.

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Got mine yesterday, havent had a chance to setup.

Did take it out of the box and have noticed upon shaking it there's something loose inside. Hope all is OK? It was the same with the harmony 850 I'm replacing, there was a rattle in that one too.

W.

Rattle is intentional - it's a motion sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Mine just arrived too.

Nothing wrong with the box.

thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mine is somewhere in Ireland with UPS :(
    The rang me yesterday to try and find me as the County name was not on my delivery (even though the full address in on the UPS tracking page):mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Here's a hack to exceed the limit of controllable devices (which is 5 as standard)

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57567913-285/how-to-hack-a-harmony-remote-to-control-more-devices/

Advertisement