Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

New to Youtube? look here

Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭ Reality_Check1

I did my best to focus on points that I didnt see in other videos, Its just stuff I wish I knew starting off that I think would have helped me grow better . I think its particularly useful to noobs but maybe veterans would see something they could use too

Comments

• I actually found this video as a recommended video on YouTube itself. I really liked it so thank you for making it. I want to start getting more into doing video's but time is in the way at the moment. I'll take your advice when I try to do more with my channel over the summer.

• EJ22 wrote: »
    I actually found this video as a recommended video on YouTube itself. I really liked it so thank you for making it. I want to start getting more into doing video's but time is in the way at the moment. I'll take your advice when I try to do more with my channel over the summer.

yeah Ive been getting a lot of subs over it only time will tell if I can hold onto them lol. All I'll say is make sure you check out other vids too - I just focused on points I didnt see elsewhere but there are lots of vids out there that will focus on more basic info which would be well worth checking out before you start

• hehe yeah holding subs seems to be the hardest thing in the world to do. Excellent thanks for the advice, I've done one or two videos that aren't on my channel, but rather the website I write for, and one of them was a runaway success for no reason at all. Along with that was the usual nonconstructive criticism including the short minded individuals that found it funny that I pronounce "Three" as "Tree", just like almost every other Irish person.

Anyways not to derail this thread, Thanks again for the video. I'm going to go sub to you now in fact as I looked over what you were playing and I like what you have to offer :)

• If you want to hold subs, don't do what I do - Don't make a multifaceted channel that tries to cover a tonne of things under one roof.

It gets under my skin these days when I upload a video of X game to my "Gaming Channel" only to have people who are subbed for Y game comment about when I'm going to release a video of Y game and not X game etc

General gaming wise it's unavoidable to an extent unless you're like PewDiePie or Markiplier who's function is to commentate over games and have people sub for the 'person' and not the 'game' or the 'video' but for someone like me who only uploads game footage from a small range of different games it becomes hard trying to keep everyone's attention when all you want to do is upload vids of whatever game *I* want, not vids/games of what everyone else wants.

My channel has Sf4, WoW, DF, Emulated Games (mostly old), some music (OST's and some of my own music), YouTube poops, modding, bit of Ryona/Death Scene compilations etc - Basically it leads to pools of cliques who want more of X, less of Y.

Back when I got into SF4 I started a RopeSF4 channel - While that idea was scrapped after 2videos I can see the appeal of it - It's annoying to manage multiple channels but easier to keep subs of X and subs of Y in check and separate. I'd still rather not have to do this, of course.

• Good video mate.
    New to the idea of making money off youtube. Question tho, how can people make money from making a review for say a game like Bioshock? (or any random game) I keep hearing talk about licensing. But havent got a vlue really.

• Advertisement

• Great video with some very good points that just make sense. You earned a sub from it!

• Nice video, just started up a channel recently myself, some really good honest advice there. Subbed!

• Keep up the great video :D
    I have just joined youtube and got 13 subs :D

• I have been using you tube for years but I used to upload when I wanted to from an ipad or mobile phone.. I have recently started uploading fighting game footage to my channel but in hd using a capture card. Just match videos you know the basic stuff. I hope to do some commentary when I invest in a mic.

Advertisement