Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New to Youtube? look here

• 10-04-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I did my best to focus on points that I didnt see in other videos, Its just stuff I wish I knew starting off that I think would have helped me grow better . I think its particularly useful to noobs but maybe veterans would see something they could use too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

I actually found this video as a recommended video on YouTube itself. I really liked it so thank you for making it. I want to start getting more into doing video's but time is in the way at the moment. I'll take your advice when I try to do more with my channel over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

EJ22 wrote: »
    I actually found this video as a recommended video on YouTube itself. I really liked it so thank you for making it. I want to start getting more into doing video's but time is in the way at the moment. I'll take your advice when I try to do more with my channel over the summer.

yeah Ive been getting a lot of subs over it only time will tell if I can hold onto them lol. All I'll say is make sure you check out other vids too - I just focused on points I didnt see elsewhere but there are lots of vids out there that will focus on more basic info which would be well worth checking out before you start

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

hehe yeah holding subs seems to be the hardest thing in the world to do. Excellent thanks for the advice, I've done one or two videos that aren't on my channel, but rather the website I write for, and one of them was a runaway success for no reason at all. Along with that was the usual nonconstructive criticism including the short minded individuals that found it funny that I pronounce "Three" as "Tree", just like almost every other Irish person.

Anyways not to derail this thread, Thanks again for the video. I'm going to go sub to you now in fact as I looked over what you were playing and I like what you have to offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good video mate.
    New to the idea of making money off youtube. Question tho, how can people make money from making a review for say a game like Bioshock? (or any random game) I keep hearing talk about licensing. But havent got a vlue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

Great video with some very good points that just make sense. You earned a sub from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 faultytool

Nice video, just started up a channel recently myself, some really good honest advice there. Subbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kogori

Keep up the great video :D
    I have just joined youtube and got 13 subs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

I have been using you tube for years but I used to upload when I wanted to from an ipad or mobile phone.. I have recently started uploading fighting game footage to my channel but in hd using a capture card. Just match videos you know the basic stuff. I hope to do some commentary when I invest in a mic.

Advertisement