Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow a bus inspector just confiscated by annual dublin bus ticket

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it's about revenue protection..it might not seem to make sense in every case but you can see why there has to be rules, and now this guy knows what the rule is...had he not been pulled up on it, he might have continued for ever not following the rules. The Inspector was following his instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I think it's black and white. An accepted photo ID either identifies the holder or it doesn't. I understand that there are rules, but there is also common sense.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

And this is one of the reasons I'd like to see an optional national id card introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

n97 mini wrote: »
    Useful contribution.

A four year old photo ID which identifies the holder is no less useful than a 1 year old photo ID which identifies the holder.

Well that is your take on it and not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

JayRoc wrote: »
    A lot of this is such infuriating nonsense.

An IR id card with the same serial number as your DB ticket should be accepted by anyone with the cop-on to tie their own shoelaces, regardless of when it was issued.

If ID was valid two years ago, it's valid now...the idea of acceptable identification "expiring" is mostly ridiculous. Typical of the timewasting red tape bull**** so beloved by this country.

In the words of Dara O'Briain, "Eh....it's still ME"
    Well said.

Some posters seem to be forgetting that the CIE identity card as issued by Dublin Bus doesn't have an expiry date. I expect there's a reason why that's the case...

I know passports have an expiry date but they serve a very different need and are for very serious reasons, security and the likes. Also, perhaps all the photo IDs could be standardised for use up to e.g. 10 years after they're issued?

But it's clear that common sense went out the window. I don't want to blame a ticket inspector for it though. CIÉ management are the people who need to let common sense dictate what's done here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement