Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers! Sat 25 May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thread Stickied, or Stuckied or Stuck, whateves!:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Saturday June 1st
    How about The Stag's Head (you can reserve a few tables here), The Bull & Castle, Hogans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Any Night Works For Me Cos I'm A Lush
    Pembily wrote: »
    Hairy Lemon isn't great for beers as its a funny shape!

I'll think of venues.

Thats why I didn't suggest it my dear, I was using it as a reference point for Bia Bar!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Saturday June 1st
    Necronos wrote: »
    Thats why I didn't suggest it my dear, I was using it as a reference point for Bia Bar!

:p
    Oh god, I'm blonde!

miamee wrote: »
    How about The Stag's Head (you can reserve a few tables here), The Bull & Castle, Hogans?

Hogans and Stags are 2 good shouts, never been in Bull & Castle.

The Guinness in Stags is fuppin fantastic!
    Oh god, I'm blonde!

tumblr_lkzu45519K1qbrnn4_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Saturday June 1st
    Bull & Castle is a good spot for craft beers and does some bar food too in the beer hall or else proper menu downstairs in FXBs. I do love The Stag's Head alright. One of few places I'd drink more than one or two Guinness!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Craft beer pub would be nice. I've been drinking in the Brew Dock a lot recently, it's not exactly central but it's got a sister pub (Against the Grain, I think?) alternatively there's the Bull & Castle already mentioned. Beyond that I actually think Porterhouse Nassau st is a decent spot considering its location. Went there recently and the doorman was really sound, different beer and it wasn't too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

miamee wrote: »
    Bull & Castle is a good spot for craft beers and does some bar food too in the beer hall or else proper menu downstairs in FXBs. I do love The Stag's Head alright. One of few places I'd drink more than one or two Guinness!
    LOVE the Stag's Head! It's one of my favourite pubs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Will try and make it. Haven't been around here much. But beers. Good. Haven't seen yis in an age.

Saturday June 1st
    18AD wrote: »
    Will try and make it. Haven't been around here much. But beers. Good. Haven't seen yis in an age.
    You left us :(

I think Porterhouse is expensive!

I've never been to the Bull & Castle but I've heard good reports.

So D'Agger when are you organising through Cork beers? These ones can be a warm up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

How about people start throwing out some venue suggestions.

I was in Bia Bar Saturday night last and its not too bad at all.

Roomy, city centre adjacent, lots of bar staff, decent pints and every Saturday night they have various bands / musicians doing acoustic sets.

Its right beside Break For the Border / The Hairy Lemon for those that haven't been in it.

I have never heard of that bar! To the google :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Saturday May 25th
    Panthro wrote: »
    D'agg, set up a beers in Cork.

You'd organize it better....I'm aware of the logistical issues there but I stand by that remark
    Cork is full of Cork people

I can confirm that there is at least one Kerryman living there - whether that's a positive or a negative I don't know
    So D'Agger when are you organising through Cork beers? These ones can be a warm up!

I'd have to do a Winter beers tbqh because of football. I'll try to attend a beers before organizing one - baby steps n'all that :)

I've never been to the Bull & Castle but I've heard good reports.
    Sister pub of Ryan's on Parkgate street so the food is guaranteed to be good. The beer selection is awesome.

• Administrators Posts: 53,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I want a steak sambo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Saturday June 1st
    steak!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Saturday June 1st
    The Long Stone beside Trinity tends to be quiet enough on a Saturday to book a good sized section and does pitchers of Staropramen at a reasonable price. Nice beer garden too.

Long Stone is handy for me. I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Saturday June 1st
    Hogans is a grand spot, plenty room and a bit of shelter in the smoking area out the side for anyone with bold habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hermione* wrote: »
    Bear in mind that May 18th is Heineken Cup Final day in Dublin :)

Is that not Champions League night? Far outweighs that rugby shoite. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

We had a Galway one last summer; Cork would be class. You will be organising it and will have the beers the amazing Daisies arranged to live up to :pac:
    Hermione* wrote: »

Galway beers were great craic! So much fun. Daisies did a superb job organising it. Cork would have to do very well to top that :pac:

Nawwww you guys!
    Hairy Lemon isn't great for beers as its a funny shape!

I'll think of venues.

I was at a going away party in the Hairy Lemon and they have a good area upstairs for booking but downstairs is a disaster! (bear in mind my intel is 4 years old now)

Just realised today the 18th doesn't work for me.Ive a christening on the 19th and an exam on the morning of the 25th that needs to be studied for so the 25th gets mah vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is that not Champions League night? Far outweighs that rugby shoite. ;)
    Oi! Cheek of you :P Seriously, how would you expect me to know when that's on? I didn't even remember that it moves to a Saturday for the final 'til you said it.
    Anyhoo, your yoke isn't in Dublin and the rugby is :p

I can't make any of those dates. Boo. Boooooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Saturday June 1st
    I can't make any of those dates. Boo. Boooooooooo.

How can you not make dates with over a months notice?? :P

I'm very busy :(

I wouldn't be able to make 3 weekends in June either though so I won't try persuading change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Saturday June 1st
    I'm very busy :(

I wouldn't be able to make 3 weekends in June either though so I won't try persuading change :D

social butterfly!!

I do love butterflies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Voted for a few dates. Not sure why, I met some awful dodgy people last tgc beers I went to :D

• Advertisement

Saturday June 1st
    Tigger99 wrote: »
    Voted for a few dates. Not sure why, I met some awful dodgy people last tgc beers I went to :D
    Fierce dodgy alright :P

Advertisement