Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Player Allegedly Bitten *Mod Note Post 225*

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The discipline system is madness, absolute madness.

After their investigation into the allegations, the CCCC found evidence enough to suggest a three match ban for O Brien. O Brien appealed it to the CHC, which was heard Thursday night. Donegal medical staff and officials attended, but because McBrearty was not at the hearing, the CHC had to leave it drop on a technicality. So despite an investigation which had cause to suspend O Brien, the CHC had to quash it.

The supposed victim didn't even show up.

That's a little more than a technicality!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ormus wrote: »
    The supposed victim didn't even show up.

That's a little more than a technicality!

Why did the CCCC decide on a three match suspension on the evidence they had before it ended up going to CHC? I'd love to see what the Donegal officials will come out with, about why McBrearty did not go. I don't think the CCCC would have put a suspension on the table if there was not evidence to back it up? I think the silence from both parties is telling

I've read the report from the CHC as well as other media reports this morning - think the whole discipline system in the GAA needs overhauling imo

Its all over now, I think my post earlier was more out of frustration about the GAA discipline system - the whole thing dragged on for all parties, nearly three weeks after the alleged incident.

Advertisement