Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants

Options
  • 08-04-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

We have just purchased a 10.5 acre small holding and the long term plan is to turn it into a working organic farm with a few sheep, goats, chickens etc, our dream in the long run is to have a working organic farm with a farm shop and which will also have accommodation so people can come and stay and experience a peaceful few days among the animals and beautiful surroundings. Im just wondering if there are any grants that would be available for such a small scale venture, even if its just grants for keeping animals. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pannyfad

im here looking the same info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭geros29

Me too!is the headage for sheep still goin?think reps are gone.how would a fella qualify for single farm payment.any help be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

might buy a bit of land and see what grants i can get 2;)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

olcod wrote: »
    We have just purchased a 10.5 acre small holding and the long term plan is to turn it into a working organic farm with a few sheep, goats, chickens etc, our dream in the long run is to have a working organic farm with a farm shop and which will also have accommodation so people can come and stay and experience a peaceful few days among the animals and beautiful surroundings. Im just wondering if there are any grants that would be available for such a small scale venture, even if its just grants for keeping animals. Thanks
    The day of the grants are long gone,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hay_for_sale

hey.. its a nice idea and i wish you luck.

you'll need to get a move on if you want to get in on the current organic scheme. application date closes 15th of may. there are grants per hectare for converting to organic (around 210e) and also 40% capital grants for investing in equipment or facilities which are essential to organic production i.e if you have housing that needs to be converted to meet organic standards..
    capital grants can be paid for on farm investment (production) or off farm (processing and selling). its all on the department of ag website if you search it.
    There is an introduction to organic farming course run by teagasc also which is mandatory (i think) for any funding.

i'm in a pickle myself whether to go into the current scheme or hold off and see if the revised CAP brings anything different on supporting organic production. chances are they might reduce payments and stop grants altogether. in which case the changeover would be too much of burden to take on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

hey.. its a nice idea and i wish you luck.

you'll need to get a move on if you want to get in on the current organic scheme. application date closes 15th of may. there are grants per hectare for converting to organic (around 210e) and also 40% capital grants for investing in equipment or facilities which are essential to organic production i.e if you have housing that needs to be converted to meet organic standards..
    capital grants can be paid for on farm investment (production) or off farm (processing and selling). its all on the department of ag website if you search it.
    There is an introduction to organic farming course run by teagasc also which is mandatory (i think) for any funding.

i'm in a pickle myself whether to go into the current scheme or hold off and see if the revised CAP brings anything different on supporting organic production. chances are they might reduce payments and stop grants altogether. in which case the changeover would be too much of burden to take on.

Thanks so much for your helpful reply, i'll certainly investigate it further, thanks again.

Advertisement