Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License to Kill (NATO)

Options
  • 07-04-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

11 children reportedly killed in NATO air strike in Afghanistan:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0407/380169-afghanistan-nato/

If it would happen in Syria Human Rights people surely would call it Crime Against Humanity. But not with NATO - they have license. License to kill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Yeah, I'm sure they aimed for the kids right? License to kill? /sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 34,475 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

With headlines like that OP you should be writing for the Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

It's like James Bond x 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

o1s1n wrote: »
    With headlines like that OP you should be writing for the Daily Mail.

It's headline from RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

zom wrote: »
    It's headline from RTE.

RTE don't have that headline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭cml387

It's headline from RTE.

No it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,475 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's headline from RTE.

'11 children killed in NATO attack in Afghanistan'

Yep, clearly the same.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

+ 8 alleged insurgants including 2 Al Qaeda leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

donvito99 wrote: »
    + 8 alleged insurgants and 2 Al Qaeda leaders.

That makes it okay?

Should the children of NATO soldiers be fair game in their home countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I remember seeing a documentary on the war in Iraq.
    There were kids who had the most horrific burns and had lost the rest of there families.
    This might be in bad taste but perhaps if would have been better if the kids had died too.
    Unfortunately most wars will have child casualties.
    It's horrific but world leaders are willing to take a few casualties in war. I guess they are forced to in some aspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭amacca

It's like James Bond x 1000.

Nato.....James Nato

My name is plenty, plenty o'toole

named after your father perhaps?

Do you expect me to talk goldfinger?

No Mr. Nato I expect you to die!

aah the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

A dozen years later and they are still bombing the crap out of that third world country. The US bombs (alleged) Al Qaeda leaders in Afghanistan yet supports them in Libya and Syria. Strange logic. Al Qaeda is basically a CIA creation anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

That makes it okay?

New York, London, Madrid. Just to name three.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

NATO are fighting to get out of the country but leave it in some state to take care of itself.

Militants and extremists have killed thousands of children over the last decade in Afghanistan and NW Pakistan

Again, they (NATO/US) don't have the option to build a time-machine and go back and undo Bush's terrible decision to go into that region in the first place. They do however have the option just to pull out of that hell-hole and leave it to the re-emerging Taliban, but as I said above, they are choosing to get the fledgling Afghan security forces up to some sort of level that they can fend for themselves and of course, all the time, having to fight the waves of "holy warriors" streaming in from Waziristan

Unfortunately tragic incidents do happen - just another sad side-affect of that shiatty conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

11 woman and children killed by NATO, or 8 deluded men involved in a pathetic religious war that finally caught up with them and their families?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

not the first time

they seem to be less than careful with civilians

New York, London, Madrid. Just to name three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

That makes it okay?

Afghanistan doesn't have drones, stealth bombers, does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

I wouldn't be surprised if they have drones soon, the Afghans be havin' mad skillz when it comes to repairing downed/found weaponry.

RPG launchers & sh!t that have bits of toothbrushes fitted to replace broken or worn out components.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Hypothetically, if there's a war and you have only one opportunity to take out an enemy who might very well be responsible for 1000's of deaths on your side but the only way of doing so involves kids dying, well that's the way it has to be. Innocent people dying is horrible regardless of the age, it's not as if once you hit 18 you're fair game. I'd imagine they wanted to avoid these deaths as much as anyone, for the negative publicity if nothing else, but it's not as cut and dry as everyone seems to think it is. The Americans are far from benevolent, but they're not exactly fighting people who are obeying the rules of war either are they?

token101 wrote: »
    Hypothetically, if there's a war and you have only one opportunity to take out an enemy who might very well be responsible for 1000's of deaths on your side but the only way of doing so involves kids dying, well that's the way it has to be. Innocent people dying is horrible regardless of the age, it's not as if once you hit 18 you're fair game. I'd imagine they wanted to avoid these deaths as much as anyone, for the negative publicity if nothing else, but it's not as cut and dry as everyone seems to think it is. The Americans are far from benevolent, but they're not exactly fighting people who are obeying the rules of war either are they?

If a Taliban or Al Queada militant, with an RPG, is standing outside the home of a high ranking officer in NATO and the guy is sitting down with his beautiful white wife and gorgeous 3 children, saying grace before meals, should the militant take the shot? Are the kids collateral damage in a conflict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

11 children reportedly killed in NATO air strike in Afghanistan:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0407/380169-afghanistan-nato/

If it would happen in Syria Human Rights people surely would call it Crime Against Humanity. But not with NATO - they have license. License to kill.

No they wouldn't.. There was over 6000 killed in Syria last month and hardly a word about it.. No boycotts, no flotilla's, no threads on boards ~ no one gives a bollox.

80 miners lost their lives recently in China and not a peep. We know the media is terribly selective, it's been discussed here a zillion times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

No they wouldn't.. There was over 6000 killed in Syria last month and hardly a word about it.. No boycotts, no flotilla's, no threads on boards ~ no one gives a bollox.

Fantastic Liveleak Videos tho.

I know you've seen them.
    ***Disclaimer, I think its a bloody , literal tragedy over there, they are between the devil and the deep blue sea,both sides***

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

If a Taliban or Al Queada militant, with an RPG, is standing outside the home of a high ranking officer in NATO and the guy is sitting down with his beautiful white wife and gorgeous 3 children, saying grace before meals, should the militant take the shot? Are the kids collateral damage in a conflict?

Morally, probably not. Realistically, if you're that militant in what you see as a war and you know you most likely won't get another chance, would you take the shot? Because I'd blow the place to bits if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Morally, probably not. Realistically, if you're that militant in what you see as a war and you know you most likely won't get another chance, would you take the shot? Because I'd blow the place to bits if it was me.

In them situations its you or them

I choose them every time wooooooosh booom

would you take the shot?

I don't think I could live with myself if I knew I'd killed kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I don't think I could live with myself if I knew I'd killed kids.

and that's why you'll always be known as 'the other chuck'... forever in Chuck Norris' shadow...

Advertisement