Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night time routine

Options
  • 05-04-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭

Just before I go to bed at night I go around the house and unplug everything bar the fridge and freezer. TBH I only do it because I've a fear of house fires.

A mate of mine who was staying over recently saw me doing this and thought I was mad. I'd never go to bed with something plugged in!

Is he right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

what if your fridge/freezer catches fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

rarnes1 wrote: »

Ah, shirt that is different! You are mad, unless you're doing for money saving pointer view, or saving the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

baraca wrote: »
    Is he right?

He's not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yep, anything that i dont specifically need on, tv/radio etc, needs to be off and plugged out or I get paranoid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I dont think you understand how plugs work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

That's mad

not gonna lie but **** then bed if i dont i cannot sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I dont think you understand how plugs work.

There is an angry fire pixie trapped inside who pisses electricity, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Crazy OP......I'd rather run the risk of being caught in a house fire than standing on a plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

baraca wrote: »
    Just before I go to bed at night I go around the house and unplug everything bar the fridge and freezer. TBH I only do it because I've a fear of house fires.

A mate of mine who was staying over recently saw me doing this and thought I was mad. I'd never go to bed with something plugged in!

Is he right?

My Dad has always done this and to me, it's not strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I no what i like plugged in at bedtime ;) god I've gotten very durty since I've started posting on boards :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

rarnes1 wrote: »

Eh the melting ice will extinguish the fire...d'uh! :pac:

Meant to say dirtier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

Thought everyone unplugs everything at night? Clearly not....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mariasofia wrote: »
    I no what i like plugged in at bedtime ;) god I've gotten very durty since I've started posting on boards :O

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81n0JYueIgL._AA1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I walk home via the coffeshop and then sit around in velvet pants, drawing my brains out. And piss about on the internet, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Anyone else depressed at the fact that they're reading this instead of being out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I turn off the switches, put out the cat and milk bottle then get locked out by the cat and yell at Wilma.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

shortie111 wrote: »
    Thought everyone unplugs everything at night? Clearly not....

I've a friend who plugs out the tv & Sky box every night,he couldn't understand why the box wouldn't record stuff when he was in bed-he thought once the dish was connected it'd record,he forgot the fact that it needs electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Steve O wrote: »
    Anyone else depressed at the fact that they're reading this instead of being out?

not even a little.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

``What if.'' What if I stepped in the shower and slipped on a bar of soap? ... Oh, my God! I'd get killed!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

I'm used to seeing my parents doing this and I think it is strange but considering their age I wouldn't say anything to them.

But my boss, who's less than 10 years older than me does it too, drives me twisted when I go to make a coffee and he's got the plug pulled out and the switch off from the night before.

He even plugged out my PC the other night and never told me. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't coming on for about 5 minutes because I've never heard of anyone unplugging a work PC! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Steve O wrote: »

At least we're not watching the Late Late Show, now that would be depressing.

When I start to find myself wanting to watch Ryan Tubridy and his toothbrush-shaped head prancing around the stage on a Friday night I'm gonna find a train and throw myself under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Mariasofia wrote: »

What are you using, a jackhammer? :eek:

Yeah, my wife does the whole "plug everything out", etc, drives me spare because when I get up in the morning I have to go plugging everything in again like my laptops, routers, tv's, sky boxes, chargers...

It'd nearly be easier just to flip the switches at the fuse box when going to bed, but I'm not too sure all the electrical equipment would take too kindly to being jump started like that! :pac:

No just himself;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I came here all excited thinking OP was going to ask what our night time routine is and I was going to tell all of you.

Now I have to wait until someone creates a thread like that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

80s kids will remember it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I lived with a girl who would insist in unplugging the toaster when it wasn't in use. I explained that it's a mechanical switch but she felt it was better to be on the safe side. If there's any justice there will be a toaster involved in her untimely death.

I turn off the lights and lock the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Masturbate, read forums, masturbate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Move along folks nothing to see here....

Advertisement