Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC QF: RC Toulon vs Leicester Tigers, Sun 7 April 3:30pm (Irish time)

Options
  • 05-04-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Compo_RCT_Leicester_1000.jpg

The Toulon side lines out as expected, the only real point of contention was in the backrow where Van Niekerk can only make the bench and Roussouw doesn't make the squad. Rocky Elsom has yet to make an appearance for the club.

This is a massive game for the club and the town, backs coach Pierre Mignoni has described the buildup to the match to be at a similar level to their victory over Munster a few seasons back. The town is pulling out all the stops with a "H Cup village" event taking place over Saturday and Sunday, where all the quarter-finals will be broadcasted on a 'big screen'.

Toulon certainly have the capability to go far in this competition, but Leicester will come to Mayol with the pressure off. Like the Munster match, this quarter-final is very much a marquee fixture for the much maligned RCT. A team with the likes of Hayman, Giteau, Bakkies Botha and Fernandez Lobbe should be able to go far in this competition but Toulon have a habit of slipping up when it comes to crunch knockout games. Leicester are regular fixtures in the Premiership playoffs so they possess the so called "cup final mentality". If that mentality is worth anything, then they'll need it in this game.

In terms of who I'm supporting, it will be Toulon's 1-14; 16-23. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leicester Tigers:
    15 Mathew Tait, 14 Niall Morris, 13 Manu Tuilagi, 12 Anthony Allen, 11 Adam Thompstone, 10 Toby Flood (c), 9 Ben Youngs,
    8 Jordan Crane, 7 Julian Salvi, 6 Tom Croft, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Ed Slater, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Marcos Ayerza.

Replacements: 16 Rob Hawkins, 17 Logovi'i Mulipola, 18 Martin Castrogiovanni, 19 Graham Kitchener, 20 Thomas Waldrom, 21 Sam Harrison, 22 George Ford, 23 Matt Smith.

Big game for Niall Morris!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I thought Lobbe was basically FUBARed for the season with some spleen injury?

P_1 wrote: »
    I thought Lobbe was basically FUBARed for the season with some spleen injury?

ruptured spleen :eek:

Lobbe's a freak, I'd say he recovers fast in general. He came back early from a cruciate ligament injury after the last World Cup as well IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

ruptured spleen :eek:

Lobbe's a freak, I'd say he recovers fast in general. He came back early from a cruciate ligament injury after the last World Cup as well IIRC.

Ouch :eek:

He has some metabolism I'll give him that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

thats some front row right there, the whole pack is fearsome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ireland01

How far away from ireland squad is morris?? or does have a chance while playing oversees?, seems a good player!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

You sure this match is at 3.30 Irish time? It's 5.30 French time.....I make that 4.30 Irish time.

vienne86 wrote: »
    You sure this match is at 3.30 Irish time? It's 5.30 French time.....I make that 4.30 Irish time.

My mistake, thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ireland01 wrote: »
    How far away from ireland squad is morris?? or does have a chance while playing oversees?, seems a good player!

My understanding is that Morris is only establishing or trying to establish himself at Leicester. Given that all the other competition on the wing for Ireland get to play week in week out I think Morris isn't on the radar yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

CatFromHue wrote: »
    My understanding is that Morris is only establishing or trying to establish himself at Leicester. Given that all the other competition on the wing for Ireland get to play week in week out I think Morris isn't on the radar yet.

This is his break through season really, he looks rather useful. An Ireland player? I'm not seeing it. He's a useful player, and I suspect he'll not be short of offers to move home at the end of his contract, but he doesn't seem to have that extra touch of brilliance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tempted to head to Toulon to watch these matches on the big screen. I'll see if anyone from the club is heading over later.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This is his break through season really, he looks rather useful. An Ireland player? I'm not seeing it. He's a useful player, and I suspect he'll not be short of offers to move home at the end of his contract, but he doesn't seem to have that extra touch of brilliance.

Yeah I agree.

I would love him at Leinster and I hope he comes back.

But I don't see him as a future international. I think if he was a bit quicker or a bit bigger he might have that sort of future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ireland01 wrote: »

Good player. Thing is Ireland are pretty decent on the wings with Zebo, Bowe, Gilroy, Trimble McFadden and Fitzgerald available. Had Morris more time at 15 then he might be in a decent position since after Kearney we don't really have any good options but Morris is playing 14 for Leicester.

ALLEZ RCT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I need some tries to sate my lust. Hope this is a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Haven't seen much of Leicester this seen, but that backline is poor.

• Administrators Posts: 53,543 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What's the story with your man with the mic there?

awec wrote: »

Oggie oggie oggie oy oy oy au francaise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

French winger doing a bit of acting there.

Haha, croft is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

This could get dirty.

awec wrote: »

They do it at every game, not sure what's the craic with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

.ak wrote: »
    They do it at every game, not sure what's the craic with it.

A lazy french Haka.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

You know what I care about?Rugby.
    You know what I don't care about?The lineup of the Newcastle Falcons team band.

Good start by Leicester, Armitage vocal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What's the score?

• Administrators Posts: 53,543 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

beertons wrote: »
    What's the score?
    0-3

Poor call, through the gate.

0-6 croft had been immense

• Advertisement