Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Claremont Court, Glasnevin, Dublin 11

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lived there down the very back, place was a kip it turned out. Lots of problems I didn't know about but that was one house. The houses there do seem to be kept well in general, it was very quiet and no problems there at night. It's a fairly handy/nice place to have a house regarding town access imo. I never saw any trouble makers, my main gripe was getting home and nearly walking 1km to the back to the estate from the road :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

kattsmaher wrote: »
    Hi there, we are vewing house in Claremont this weekend, its on for 350k, has two attic rooms and the décor is ok, BER D1, is this crazy asking price, all previous properties in last last year went for between 260-280?

I actually went to view this house at the weekend too (sorry for not saying hi kattsmaher ;)). I honestly can't see why anyone would pay €350k for it, given that a couple of houses a few doors down from it went for €226k and €242.5k respectively in the last 12 to 15 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kattsmaher

went to view also, nice but over priced and considering you would live mostly at the back of the house, it is north facing. Pity. Other one down the road with side entrance for sale, 350 too! also north facing

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sneachta2000

A little over priced but I would hold off if I were you. There will be bigger houses in that estate coming up for sale soon. Better value, with insulation etc done. But a house is only worth what you are willing to pay for. They are excellent houses and 285k is actually an undervalued price for those houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kattsmaher

thanks Sneachta, you seem to be a man in the know!! will keep an eye out. Really like this estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Julia Murphy

hi guys, we moved to Claremont Court last year, it is so nice to live here! THose two house for sale are across the road from us. If you end up buying the house, please let me know - would love to meet new neighbors:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elizam425

Hello! I hope it’s ok to jump on this thread. My partner and I are looking at buying in this estate and wondering if anyone had bought in the past year or two that could give a more recent update please? I’ve read some of the comments here re antisocial behaviour from railway line and possible issues with roof and insulation but wondering is there anything else to note?
    We’re a young(ish!) couple in early 30s. Re things we’re looking for is I suppose off street parking, someone safe and quiet etc

Advertisement