Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm jus wondering if anyone has ever been refused laparoscopic gallbladder surgery on the grounds on their weight?

Have jus met a consultant surgeon who informed me that that my current weight the instruments they have jus wouldnt be long enough to do the procedeur. This after my GP leading me to believe that is was almost a foregone conclusion that I would be getting this operation.

Im jus wondering how much truth is in what this consultant has said or if it is jus a way for him to encourage me to lose weigh and should I be seeking a second opinion. He has given me 3 months to loose 2.5 stones but suggested that this was jus a start and that even if i manage this weight loss that he still wont perform the proceedure. I currently weigh 18.5 stone.

I would appreciate any insight anyone can give me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Shed.

bget wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm jus wondering if anyone has ever been refused laparoscopic gallbladder surgery on the grounds on their weight?

Have jus met a consultant surgeon who informed me that that my current weight the instruments they have jus wouldnt be long enough to do the procedeur. This after my GP leading me to believe that is was almost a foregone conclusion that I would be getting this operation.

Im jus wondering how much truth is in what this consultant has said or if it is jus a way for him to encourage me to lose weigh and should I be seeking a second opinion. He has given me 3 months to loose 2.5 stones but suggested that this was jus a start and that even if i manage this weight loss that he still wont perform the proceedure. I currently weigh 18.5 stone.

I would appreciate any insight anyone can give me.

Thanks

Any update on this situation?

Advertisement