Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Golf Gti

Options
  • 04-04-2013 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Some scrote broke into my house last night , came into me and my partners room with a crowbar demanding keys. I managed to chase him out of the room and the house but his partner already had my missus car keys and they were off in my car.
    Its a Blue VW Golf Gti , Reg 05 LH 2508 (http://i.imgur.com/PQoR1PF.jpg [1] ) Stolen from the Clonskeagh area.

If any of you guys see it please let me know and ill keep the Gardai up to date.
    Thanks for your help guys.

Goffers92

p.s. It only passed the NCT last week !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

That's horrific. Filthy scumbags.

Best of luck getting it back. That's an awful thing to go through.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wow, sorry to hear op hope you get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

So these incidents do exist.
    Not just an urban myth as claimed.
    Sorry to hear it OP will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Sorry to hear that OP. Hope you and the missus are ok and as for the car, will keep an eye out but it's not likely it will ever be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Sorry to hear about the car, hate to hear stories like this :mad:

I had a similar experience last August and got my car back after a week so there is hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

So sorry to hear, what a horrible thing to happen. Gerard this happened to a work mate of mine a few years back too.
    Will keep my eyes peeled.
    hope you both are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Sorry to hear op, hope those thugs get locked up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,817 ✭✭✭✭listermint

coolisin wrote: »
    Not just an urban myth as claimed.
    Sorry to hear it OP will keep an eye out.

I think the urban myth was the kettle. In this case the guy had a crowbar weapon.

I dont think anyone doubts that people do break into peoples homes.

Crap thing to happen OP. Hope you find it soon in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Sorry to Here, NO sight of that Beauty in Midlands but few more eyes looking for same now in the motor teade

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

be sure to get the Toll companies involved - they have movement records daily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 goffers92

Hi All ,

Just to let you know that the Gardai have recovered the car.
    They found it somewhere in Clondalkin.
    I am guessing it was used for a job and abandoned.
    Thanks for all your well wishes and words of advice, It truly was appreciated.

Thanks Again

Goffers92

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Glad to hear the car has been recovered. Was there any damage done to the car? I hope not. Very interested in a GTI mtself but stories like this have my other half terrified about me getting one in case this happens to us. Dont think I would have had the nerve to chase them off, my answer to her nerves was to leave the keys at the door and if someone broke in they can have them there instead of coming upstairs, cars can be replaced your health can't. Dunno if that would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Imagine if we were allowed to own tasers? I'd have tasered the fugh out of the scrot. These inbreed scummers have no fear of the revolving legal door system here, the law or basically you or me. Those living in rural areas have even more to fear with the withdrawal of local Garda enforcement.

Op glad you got your wheels back.....I'd fumigate it as these thugs are filthy individuals. Needless to say I'd be shocked if no damage was reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OP, I am so glad you got your car back. At least teu had decency in not burning it down.

May I ask you: how did you chased him off? Was he a chancer? When he realised you won't be ****ed with did he just ran? Quite a stand off anyway, fair play to you.

Great news it's being found, have you seen it yet?
    Hope it's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I heard a golf was used in this today and found nearby

http://crime.ie/20130405/attempted-robbery-at-clondalkin-post-office/

May possibly have been your car

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Jebus, what the hell?

He broke into your house and came into your room with you and your partner there. That's some scary stuff. These kinds of scum really don't give a crap about anything do they?

How did you scare him away exactly? Did he try and attack you with the crowbar? Must have happened pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Imagine if we were allowed to own tasers? I'd have tasered the fugh out of the scrot.

Yep and the next time he breaks in and you can be sure he will if you did taser him, he won't be so nice to wake you up before he clatters you with his crowbar.

My opinion is to leave them take the car that's what you have insurance for and probably why most insurance policy's don't take your no claims when you do claim for theft. Just don't leave anything sentimental in the car and your fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭kirving

There wont be a next time if the Taser works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

There wont be a next time if the Taser works though.

I think your over estimating the power of a taser. I've been tasered before and it hurts like hell but it wouldn't kill ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

coolisin wrote: »
    Not just an urban myth as claimed

By me at one stage. I'm eating my words now. Hope the car is found and the thieves are dealt with.

Edit; glad the car is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So sorry to hear that OP.

These c*nts should be buried alive.

Same thing happened to me..at least the keys were downstairs so they took them and left. One poster more or less called me an idiot for leaving them downstairs...hope he reads this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Rosebowl11

Our house was broken into early on Saturday 5th. April, two cars stolen, Audi A4 and VW Golf, Audi was in drive when I came downstairs, so I obviously disturbed the scumbags, was just after getting a call from the hospital as my mother was dying, was worst day of my life as my poor mother passed away later that day. They broke the lock in the back door and we never heard a thing, I was up and about upstairs at the time. No sign of either car, I hope they rot in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Rosebowl11 wrote: »
    Our house was broken into early on Saturday 5th. April, two cars stolen, Audi A4 and VW Golf, Audi was in drive when I came downstairs, so I obviously disturbed the scumbags, was just after getting a call from the hospital as my mother was dying, was worst day of my life as my poor mother passed away later that day. They broke the lock in the back door and we never heard a thing, I was up and about upstairs at the time. No sign of either car, I hope they rot in hell.

Wow, that's a rough one. Condolences on the passing of your mother. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Likewise sorry for the loss of your Mam, that sounds like a rough day alright :(

Puts things into perspective.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Sorry to hear about passing of your mam!
    I wouldn't wish what you went through on my worse enemy!
    Karma has a habit of sorting scumbags out!

Dord wrote: »
    Wow, that's a rough one. Condolences on the passing of your mother. :(
    Thanks for all the wishes

Jesus rosebowl I can't imagine what that all must have felt like.
    I'm sorry on both accounts pure scum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I suppose this is as good a place as any to post the below link:

http://www.abs-secure.co.uk/

I know a lot of the time when this happens people ask how they got the keys etc., but if you look at the videos on the above link (ignore the OTT narration), you'll see how vulnerable the majority of door locks are. After a number of cars were taken in my area I did some research into how they gained entry so I could bolster my security and this method has been used a lot. Since I have found out how easy it is, I've been preaching it to anybody I can about upgrading your locks.

Advertisement