Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars The Old Republic Collector's Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Pity there is nothing to do once you hit max level,otherwise a half decent bargain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I picked up 1 of these, I will admit to being very excited when I saw the size of the box, was even more excited when I thought it came with a USB key, was annoyed when the leg and arm of the model was broken :( bit of super glue and it's in my office now next to my light sabre :D

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Just got all mine, brilliant deal by gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Darth Malgus is now over my desk having a fight with Yoda

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Got mine today too thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

In stock in galway , one or two left

do they have them priced down in store to@kingpin

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Sure do man, only ten euros !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

johnf26 wrote: »
    naa not a miss price they tend to sell there collectors editions really cheap when they want to get rid of them, i picked up warcraft Cataclysm for 9.99 just before panda came out

Well done John nice profit you're looking for there...
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-collectors/2912440 :rolleyes:

Are there any bonuses in this set that are worth picking it up for if you own the original ? (Can't access the website here at work)

Damnable, was looking for one for ages and they show up in Galway when I'm back home. Imagine they'll be sold out by the time I get back tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Damnable, was looking for one for ages and they show up in Galway when I'm back home. Imagine they'll be sold out by the time I get back tomorrow.

I'll try in the later today or first thing in the morning and if they've two I'll pick one up for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was in there earlier and didn't see one, but didn't ask as I don't really have any interest in it, so you never know...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

naa man ill keep one in storage play another and others to family members who will also play, ya have to look out for family first lol

Oh really? :rolleyes:

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-collectors/2912440

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tinie wrote: »

I could understand charging €20 for one but not €80, more than 7 times the cost is out of order.

Want to swap user names seems mine may be more suited to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tinie wrote: »

Haha you caught John out there didnt you :pac:

But I think people need to be honest on this thread. Anyone who saw this deal naturally googled it and saw the current going rate was €100. There was money to be made and everyone had the same idea on here. Sure you might keep one for yourself but there was €€€ signs all over these collectors editions.

Johnf26 can't be only one who bought more than one. But Johnf26 was the one who posted this thread. Naturally he was going to place his order before sharing (we all would) But he did share with others.
    In the last 6 days, besides John's advert, there has been two ads going on adverts.ie - one asking a fair €40 and another guy giving a cock and bull story about how he wants to part with his edition for €100. Such is life.

On a personal level I think asking 80 - 100 is 'risky' for these. Not only did gamestop.ie have these but so did game.co.uk for the same price. The game is going free to play so I reckon Bioware might be flooding the market with collectors editions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Was in there earlier and didn't see one, but didn't ask as I don't really have any interest in it, so you never know...

I rang the shop in Ennis and asked them to keep it for me, they did with no problem, why not try that in Galway as well?

Haha you caught John out there didnt you :pac:

But I think people need to be honest on this thread. Anyone who saw this deal naturally googled it and saw the current going rate was €100. There was money to be made and everyone had the same idea on here. Sure you might keep one for yourself but there was €€€ signs all over these collectors editions.

Johnf26 can't be only one who bought more than one. But Johnf26 was the one who posted this thread. Naturally he was going to place his order before sharing (we all would) But he did share with others.
    In the last 6 days, besides John's advert, there has been two ads going on adverts.ie - one asking a fair €40 and another guy giving a cock and bull story about how he wants to part with his edition for €100. Such is life.

On a personal level I think asking 80 - 100 is 'risky' for these. Not only did gamestop.ie have these but so did game.co.uk for the same price. The game is going free to play so I reckon Bioware might be flooding the market with collectors editions.

Naa man not caught out ...i did have 1 from when this 1st came out didnt open it when this offer came up ofc i picked one up and put my original one up for sale with the game time to try recoup what i had paid for it...had been sitting in my wardrobe,lol receipt with todays paper photo is up with it now of proof of what i did pay :)

I could understand charging €20 for one but not €80, more than 7 times the cost is out of order.

Want to swap user names seems mine may be more suited to you.
    nope no need to swap user names only have the one to sell..nothing to hide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Naa man not caught out ...i did have 1 from when this 1st came out didnt open it when this offer came up ofc i picked one up and put my original one up for sale with the game time to try recoup what i had paid for it...had been sitting in my wardrobe,lol receipt with todays paper photo is up with it now of proof of what i did pay :)

You know John, i've been on your side of making profit this whole time. But what you just said contradicts post #15 on here: :pac:
    got all 5 of my emails to lol

Fair enough if you bought one originally on release, but now you're saying you didnt get 5 lol.
    in any case i'd sell on ebay. You are just going to get such low-ballers on your adverts.ie ad now. Such as it already stands "€10 offered. Seller pays postage" - get the hell outta that!!!!

lol i no mate...oh im not saying i didnt get 5..i did still all in the brown boxes but havent been up in kildare to give them to family,if i was going to sell them i would have put them all up for sale ha but only put up the original with receipt to recoup which was bought one month before game closed its doors in the ilac in dublin,and ye i no what you mean about me ad but feck them..i do think it is partly been jealous they missed an offer that wont be back again.

• Advertisement

gotta love the drama on boards lol

still one of these left in kilkenny store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

still one of these left in kilkenny store

How do you know? where do you check the stock?

I'll try in the later today or first thing in the morning and if they've two I'll pick one up for ya.

Appreciate it man but I called then just after I posted my comment and was told they were sold out. Tried the GameStop here (had forgotten it even existed) and as I was walking in the last three special editions were walking out with a guy who was telling his friend "I'll make a fortune on eBay".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

guy who was telling his friend "I'll make a fortune on eBay".
    Maybe he calls making €20 profit each a "fortune", if even that. Game were selling them for £10 each in england, and apparently had a load of stock all over england, so wouldn't be that much demand for these anymore id say, coupled with the fact that the game is FTP now.

Advertisement