Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling your wedding/ bridesmaids dresses ?

Options
2»

Comments

janetc wrote: »
    ''Only worn once'' in an ad is a dead givaway that the nuptuals did take place

Oh lord.

You don't know why they're selling them. You don't know who paid for them. All you know is that some bridesmaids dresses are being sold. Nothing more. But they're all meanies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

LizT wrote: »
    There was an article in either the times or the independent about it a few weekends ago. One woman got pregnant and had to sell her original dress, another had a lot of illness in the family I think and had to postpone her wedding a few times and didn't feel right wearing her original dress. It was an interesting read actually.

Yeah, I had to postpone mine, and I think I've finally convinced my mom that a backyard BBQ wedding is the way to go so I won't be needing the original white floor-length dress I got. That said, it wasn't a 'wedding dress' per se, but rather a white dress off of the rack, so maybe I will keep it and dye it or something.

I don't see anything wrong with selling dresses afterwards, but personally I don't understand why people spend so much on a dress in the first place. Plus most bridesmaid's dresses are hideous - I wish I could have sold the ones I've purchased over the years, but most of them were too ugly to ever be seen in public again. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is it like a big achievement or something not to get fat after your wedding?

Not necessarily, but I think both members of a partnership have a responsibility to try and stay in reasonable shape and reasonably well-groomed out of respect for each other.

I hate to see people let themselves go, as if to think to themselves that, "well he/she married me and is stuck with me now, therefore I can sit on my arse, eat crap and not bother showering for a couple of days".

It's the height of selfishness in my opinion.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 janetc

LizT wrote: »
    Thanks for completely missing my point. I said the bride could be selling them on behalf of the bridesmaids. It might be more attractive to people to be able to buy three/four dresses together instead of a single dress.
    Well we will agree to differ then !

Oh lord.

You don't know why they're selling them. You don't know who paid for them. All you know is that some bridesmaids dresses are being sold. Nothing more. But they're all meanies.
    Thank You, They are Meanies..Agreed !

• Advertisement

janetc wrote: »
    Thank You, They are Meanies..Agreed !

Well played
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

kraggy wrote: »
    Not necessarily, but I think both members of a partnership have a responsibility to try and stay in reasonable shape and reasonably well-groomed out of respect for each other.

I hate to see people let themselves go, as if to think to themselves that, "well he/she married me and is stuck with me now, therefore I can sit on my arse, eat crap and not bother showering for a couple of days".

I know someone who started to let herself go and became disinterested in sex once she got engaged and moved in with her fiance - they ended up (briefly) calling off the wedding because it put such a strain on their relationship. I think she thought that her friends would be sympathetic, but they all told her she was being stupid (and I agree).

kraggy wrote: »

Thats why I still try to squeeze into it ! Thanks for seeing my point.. Always be clean is so important !

Re-reg banned >.<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement