Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harlequins v Munster Rugby 14:00 Sunday April 7th Sky Sports

Options
  • 02-04-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭

To help us poor Munster fans get over the disappintment of last Friday night I thought I'd start a thread on the build-up to our season deciding game next weekend. A win will soften the blow of losing out in the ML even though a win will send us to the South of France to play what many predict as the eventual winner of the tournament - Clermont. A loss will make this one of our worst seasons since the advent of the two tournaments.

Quins_Mun13_Web.jpg
    Supporters Information For Heineken Cup Quarter Final
    2 April 2013, 11:49 am By The Editor

Thanks to the Munster Rugby Supporters Club we have all the information you need if travelling to the game this Sunday against Harlequins.Information courtesy of the official Munster Rugby Supporters Club
    Pre-Match Q&A

We are very pleased to announce our third London Q&A on the eve of the much anticipated Heineken Cup quarter final clash with Harlequins. Rob Penney will be giving a preview of the game with other guest appearances on the night.

There will be Free Entry and it is open to all Munster fans.

The Q&A is taking place at the Chiswick Moran Hotel on Saturday night and the Ulster v Saracens game will be shown live at the venue with the Q&A then starting afterwards at approximately 8.30pm.

Hotel address and location: 626 Chiswick High Road London W4 5RY. The hotel is located across from Gunnersbury station with access to the District Line (tube) and London Overgound. On exiting the Station, head left walking along Chiswick High Road for about 400 metre and the hotel is directly in front of you.

** To plan your journey to Gunnersbury station from anywhere in London, go to TFL and select your travel points within the Journey Planner.

Train And Tube Details

The (Twickenham) Stoop is located in South West London (6 miles from Heathrow/20 Miles from London City/30 Miles from Gatwick airports) and is easily reachable by both the tube and overground trains in London. It is just a few minutes walk from Twickenham Stadium.

Tube: Via the tube to Richmond (District Line) or to Hounslow East (Piccadilly line) (takes about 1 hour from central London).

Both are about 1.5 miles walk from the ground. You can also transfer at Richmond to the overground for 1 stop to Twickenham which is a much shorter walk and also the location of our meeting point.

Mainline train service: From Waterloo station to Twickenham Station with more routes accessible via Clapham Junction. The ground is about a 15 minute walk from the station (train takes about 40 minutes if an express train).

*At the moment there is no planned engineering works affecting any of the above for the weekend.

** To plan your journey to the game from anywhere in London, go to TFL and select your travel points within the Journey Planner.

MRSC Meeting Point

The MRSC Management and Committee along with the London Branch are happy to announce that The Cabbage Patch pub (67 London Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TW1 3SZ) has been designated as the official MRSC matchday meeting point for the day of the Heineken Cup quarter final with Harlequins. A Guinness Rugby Village will be set up there for the day, so you can join the pre match banter and post match debate with fellow fans just yards from the stadium.

It is just one minute walk from Twickenham rail station and a 10-15 minute walk to the ground. We would encourage all fans who do not have tickets to also watch the game here. There will be special offers on match day.

Match flags for Munster fans will be handed out in this venue from up to 2 hours before kick off.

Hermitage Green

In addition to being the meeting point, we are delighted to announce that popular Irish band Hermitage Green will play a gig in the adjoining nightclub section of The Cabbage Patch after the quarter final. The band formed in Limerick in July 2010 and the bass players/vocalist is none other than former Munster star Barry Murphy, and they will be supported by Ellen Cox on the night.

Doors open from 6.30pm with Hermitage Green expected on stage at 8pm.

Tickets for this are strictly limited, and are priced at GBP£8 or EUR€9 each in advance, (GBP£10 on the night if any remain), with MRSC members receiving one free drink per ticket purchased. Tickets can be purchased through your MRSC account, or for non members email mrsclondon@munsterrugby.ie

Some good news on the injury front - POC has returned to the fold and The Examiner is saying Zebo recovery is gathering pace, add Ryan, POM and Murray and our squad is a lot healtier than it has been for recent games.

The Cork flyer returned to training last week, however, and after coming through yesterday’s session he will be asked to work flat out in Cork tomorrow ahead of Rob Penney’s team selection for the clash with the English Premiership champions and Heineken Cup top seeds in Twickenham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

So what are the team predictions then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

15 Jones
    14 Howlett
    13 LLL
    12 Downey
    11 Zebo
    10 RADGE
    9 Murray
    8 Cawlin
    7 TOD
    6 POM
    5 D Ryan
    4 POC
    3 Botha
    2 Sherry
    1 Killer

Would be very surprised if Penney deviated much from this. Maybe Varley instead of Sherry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

trouttrout wrote: »
    15 Jones
    14 Howlett
    13 LLL
    12 Downey
    11 Zebo
    10 RADGE
    9 Murray
    8 Cawlin
    7 TOD
    6 POM
    5 D Ryan
    4 POC
    3 Botha
    2 Sherry
    1 Killer

Would be very surprised if Penney deviated much from this. Maybe Varley instead of Sherry

Ya team pretty much picks itself. Would love to see that teak but with Keatley at 10, but what can you do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Is there any possibility that Archer will get the nod ahead of Botha?

If they're still trying to convince Botha to stay I'd very much doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I think for the first time this season I'm actually hoping for Rog to start at 10 with Keatly at 15. I think Jones is in poor form and we could do with having 2 playmakers on the pitch.

My hope.
    15. Keatly
    14. Howlett
    13. Laulala
    12. Downey
    11. Zebo
    10. ROG
    9. Murray

1. Killer
    2. Sherry
    3. Botha
    4. Ryan
    5. POC
    6. POM
    7. TOD
    8. Coughlan

16. Varley
    17. Du Prez
    18. Archer
    19. DOC
    20. Dougall
    21. Sheridan
    22. JJ
    23. Murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Maybe before last week. Not anymore though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

POC, ROG,Murray, Ryan and POM will all need to have huge games for Munster to have a chance. Its do-able. Munster are in a similar situation to where Leinster were when they traveled to The Stoop in 2009..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

Maybe before last week. Not anymore though

You mean because Archer came on the pitch and the scrum went to ****e? I thought most of those problems were because of the new Glasgow TH giving Kilcoyne a bit of a roasting. That change was made the same time as Archer came on. When Wian came on the scrum settled down a bit.

I dont doubt Botha will start this weekend though, and rightly so, he's still our best TH. I thought he was decent enough against Glasgow, and got a bit unlucky with some marginal calls going against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

phog wrote: »
    To help us poor Munster fans get over the disappintment of last Friday night I thought I'd start a thread on the build-up to our season deciding game next weekend. A win will soften the blow of losing out in the ML even though a win will send us to the South of France to play what many predict as the eventual winner of the tournament - Clermont.

Munster's problem right there. They think they're still somewhere between 2006 and 2011. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,050 ✭✭✭✭phog

Temporary Seating being installed in the Stoop

BG8PPsxCYAANiMW.jpg:large

Not the best of seats but better than sitting outside ticketless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Temporary Seating being installed in the Stoop

attachment.php?attachmentid=5906&d=1365009019

Not the best of seats but better than sitting outside ticketless.

can't see the image, could you link to another source??

http://www.munsterfans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5906&d=1365009019&thumb=1

Is the link to the image. Won't embed.

I can see it :confused: anyway another source for the photo. Can this one be seen?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I can see it :confused: anyway another source for the photo. Can this one be seen?

Yeah this one can be seen. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

It would make my year to see RAGDE have a massive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

It would make my year to see RAGDE have a massive game.

Really don't think he is capable of having a massive game anymore, probably still capable of having an effective game though eg nailing placekicks and being mistake free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Otacon wrote: »
    fry.PNG

77366.original.jpg?fm=jpg&q=65&sharp=15&vib=10&w=521&h=521&fit=crop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Who is the man in the middle for this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Eponymous wrote: »
    Who is the man in the middle for this one?

Garces

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

https://soundcloud.com/redfms-big-red-bench/preview-munster-v-harlequins
    Give this a listen, if you are not excited about Sunday, you will be after this.

On a tablet so can't embed this but here are our tries from the Racing game in Thomond Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7YU-NQS2EU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

On a tablet so can't embed this but here are our tries from the Racing game in Thomond Park.

Ah yes that game. In a Munster pub cheering for a french team. That was a bizarre experience

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Those tries really aren't the basis for any optimism, that was Racing's seconds.

(I'm not saying that's what you're implying, just a general remark!)

Those tries really aren't the basis for any optimism, that was Racing's seconds.

(I'm not saying that's what you're implying, just a general remark!)

If for no other reason those tries are important as they got us to the Quarter Final. You might also see in clip that Earls passed twice to Zebo to score, yet some here say he doesn't pass especially to his left.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Good luck to yis lads, here's hoping come Sunday night there's two Irish teams in the semis! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Team Announced: http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11775.php

Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; R O’Gara, C Murray; D Kilcoyne , M Sherry BJ Botha; D Ryan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan. Replacements: D Varley W du Preez, S Archer, Donncha O’Callaghan, P Butler, C Sheridan, I Keatley, I Dineen.

Howlett ruled out :( POC as captain :D

Botha over Archer is a big call but the best news for me is Sheridan on the bench!

athtrasna wrote: »
    Botha over Archer is a big call

The world has turned inside out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The world has turned inside out!

Given that Archer has been getting all the game time lately. For this one I'm definitely happier to see Botha there.

And you might have noticed the relief/joy at a certain "scrum half" not featuring :D

Advertisement