Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queing in Ireland

Options
  • 01-04-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

i dont like queing..and I especially dont like queing when the person in front has no appreciation of the people in the que behind them.

Topaz coffee stations; why do people who pour a coffee then stand in front of the coffee pump stiring as they add milk...then stir as they add a bit of sugar...then add some more sugar only to give it another stir....then take a sip to see if they want a bit more sugar....the whole time I standing there just wanting my black coffee...no sugar!

Dublin Airport security clearance; we all know you have to take off your metal belt, take off your boots if your wearing a pair...take out your laptop....so why do the security people have to repeat the same requests over and over and over as people arrive at the screening point? Or why dont the DAA place a person part way down the que to tell people to have everyting in order before they arrive at the screening station?

In the shop; The person who gets to the till after being in a que..only to rumage through their wallet or purse looking for the change...they were in a que waiting..standing basically doing nothing only to get to the till and cause a hold up.

Petrol Stations; theres a que for the left side pumps...and the person on the pump goes into pay...but instead of going to the till they go to the deli counter (or the coffee station at Topaz) and spend 10mins getting food!

Burger King in Dublin Airport T2; What the hell has gone wrong here!! It has to be possibly the slowest fast food outlet on earth. It take half an hour to get served...so youd think people in the que have had time to decide what they want...but NO...they have to take another few minutes to decide what they want!

I hate queing, but surely there has to be some queing etiquette aimed towards the people behind you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A queue training school or evening classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

What's Ireland got to do with it?
    Surely queuing is the same everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Humans are intelligent, people are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Cause the ques I mentioned are in Ireland.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Simple OP have a little patience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

Voltex wrote: »
    why do people who pour a coffee then stand in front of the coffee pump stiring as they add milk...then stir as they add a bit of sugar...then add some more sugar only to give it another stir....then take a sip to see if they want a bit more sugar..

this irritates me too...there should be a special section of hell reserved for "people" like these

also there should be people that spend ages at the atm after they have gotten their cash putting it in their wallets fumbling about etc instead of just stepping to one side and letting others go about their business

and people that decide to stop and chat at the bottom of a stairs right at the point where no one else can get by not giving one single fcuk about the people behind them etc etc

kill em all :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Cause the ques I mentioned are in Ireland.

Must......resist......correcting.......spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

We are just used to queing in the UK and Ireland we don't even have to think about it so ingrained it is in our psyche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Topaz coffee stations; why do people who pour a coffee then stand in front of the coffee pump stiring as they add milk...then stir as they add a bit of sugar...then add some more sugar only to give it another stir....then take a sip to see if they want a bit more sugar....the whole time I standing there just wanting my black coffee...no sugar!

Because you have to stir sugar into coffee and because they have no idea or do they care what you want.

They should stand to the side and let you in at the machine but likewise you could just say, "excuse me" and they'll get the idea and move out of the way.

Oh and Ranting & Raving forum is the place for you I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

Indeed...if aliens were to visit earth they would presume one of our favourite occupations is queueing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I prescribe some Xanax for the OP. Chill dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

will.i.am wrote: »
    Simple OP have a little patience!
    This is why. In Ireland it is considered better to feign tolerance than to tell a person they are being a fuckwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I really hate when you are in a long queue and another cashier opens and says "next in line please" and the person who is just joining the queue jumps in there:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ive been trying to post in this thread since it started but there were people ahead of me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

humbert wrote: »
    This is why. In Ireland it is considered better to feign tolerance than to tell a person they are being a fuckwit.

But thats why we think you so quaint;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Stop using all the bandwidth for once, admiral :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

QUEUING

I'm sorry but je ne regrette rien :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

That wasn't meant to sound mean, I didn't mean to be mean, I was just cracking up inside :( Have mercy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

OP dont ever go to the Q bar in Dublin so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Have a look at the Slow 'Drivers' thread for the answer to your OP.

It's basically because the place is full of w*nkers, and all that matters is me, me, me.

• Advertisement

Must......resist......correcting.......spelling.

Posters who pick up on misspelling. Aaaagh!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

realies wrote: »
    OP dont ever go to the Q bar in Dublin so :-)

Closed down about 2 years ago. I don't even live there and I knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Everyone is always in such a hurry in Dublin. Don't know if its just a big city thing. I was Back in the UK sticks and its much more chilled on the roads and shops etc... Doesnt work when you haven't lived there for 10 years :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Try asking an American. They don't have a clue what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

blaze1 wrote: »
    Everyone is always in such a hurry in Dublin. Don't know if its just a big city thing. I was Back in the UK sticks and its much more chilled on the roads and shops etc... Doesnt work when you haven't lived there for 10 years :mad:

Dublin is a munchkin-sized town compared to most town in your country. It's ridiculously laid back for a capital city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Ill just get my credit card out of my purse which is in my bag, here it is.
    oh you dont take credit cards, let me just look again for my debit card.
    here it is, oh and heres a coupon....whats that you dont take coupons with debit cards.
    well let me just look in my bag for cash, here you are, oh yes I'd also like to return this item and exchange it for this one ...why don't you call Amanda to check out....now then thats all over. Hi Amanda hows the kids blah blah blah.

While you're here could I have cigarettes, oh you don't have my brand, hmm ok lets try that other brand...good.
    Ill have a lotto ticket too please.
    ... oh and a bag please.. now ill pack my 10 items slowly oblivious that Im in a 4 items or less line.

- A woman.

This and this please, heres my almost correct change. Thank you.

- Me

(upon arrival in car park ...who's this making an 8 point turn in a mobile home holding up everyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

In the shop; The person who gets to the till after being in a que..only to rumage through their wallet or purse looking for the change...they were in a que waiting..standing basically doing nothing only to get to the till and cause a hold up.
    if you were in Germany, you'd have to wait until that person pays what ever amount they were charged with as many coins as possible after all of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Posters who pick up on misspelling. Aaaagh!!!!!!

It's actually spellinged aahhhh, knot aaaagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

In portugal when a local is ahead of you, maybe it a bank,shop whatever, May your God grant you patience while they discuss the world and their families and then some.

• Advertisement

It's actually spellinged aahhhh, knot aaaagh.

Clown

Advertisement