Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy wrecking his laptop in a coffee shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

moneymad wrote: »
    love the way the pussies all ran out and recorded him outside with their phones.
    go to love this generation.............. anyone ask him did he need a hand?

Why are they pussies? Were they supposed to challenge him to a duel or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God forbid somebody might actually go over and try and help the guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Did I miss something.... How was there a video camera there just as he was gona lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

Why are they pussies? Were they supposed to challenge him to a duel or something?

You sir have offendeth my gentlemanly sensibilities for the last time!

a man who cannot backup his laptop is no man at all and i challenge you forthwith so that the good people of this coffeeshop can go on about their daily business unhindered by your weakness in giving in to your basest of instincts

now prepare yourself for there is not a moment to lose...we duel at 11:15 precisely this morn as i have a pressing engagement at the multi-storey car park at noon...choose a reliable second to oversee your preparations and to step in should you be unable to take part by means of infirmity, if no second is forthcoming I shall slay you where you stand having no choice but to presume you the utmost of cads if none will second you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Important question; did he get to his presentation in time?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Looks staged

thats the problem...the lulz have been polluted with false-lulz.

cheesy false-lulz :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 240 ✭✭The Barefoot Pizza Thief

About as real as Jordon's tits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

The featured anti-lulz video is...

Poor guy. I think the imminent presentation must have been very stress inducing and the laptop acting up just broke him. Who knows what else was going wrong in his life.

He made a reference to a message from his mother being on the laptop. Maybe he's been recently bereaved and is very vulnerable to stress.

I'd like to think I'd have asked him if he needed help, or for me to call someone for him, but who knows how I'd react if I was actually there. Obviously people felt insecure enough to leave.

I don't think much of someone who's first instinct is to film someone at a low point.

As for it being fake, I don't think many people would go so far as to get themselves arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Wouldn't have happened if he had a Mac.

Actually looks like a mac...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Feel guilty for laughing at this. Poor lad, needs a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I can't understand the way everyone runs a mile from the poor chap; would it be that difficult to to try talk to the guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

They run outside and start laughing at him and take videos of him. Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Odysseus wrote: »
    I can't understand the way everyone runs a mile from the poor chap; would it be that difficult to to try talk to the guy?

I agree. Could it be just a case of the gun culture in the states. Afraid the man was unstable and might try and kill himself or others. Sad really.
    I like to think if it happened to someone here in Ireland people would be a lot quicker to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Odysseus wrote: »

I know, it's bizarre. The guy is wound up, and tbh, at first appearance he didn't seem the violent type. The two guys beside him were in a position to calm him down without putting themselves in too much danger (bigger than him physically, and there were 2 of them) but they shagged off outside. This video is as aggravating as those videos where no one steps in to help in a mugging etc.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

The Human mind just wan't made to deal with the BS of the modern world. Catching food, riding and solving survival problems is all we can deal with. feel bad for the man. He looks like he has just switched off and snapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Important question; did he get to his presentation in time?

Or more importantly, did he ever finish his novel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I would have just started shouting and smashing my laptop. THat would have confused and calmed him. SHame its fake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

discus wrote: »
    I know, it's bizarre. The guy is wound up, and tbh, at first appearance he didn't seem the violent type. The two guys beside him were in a position to calm him down without putting themselves in too much danger (bigger than him physically, and there were 2 of them) but they shagged off outside. This video is as aggravating as those videos where no one steps in to help in a mugging etc.!

Not stepping in is part conditioning, part selfishness (necessary selfishness imo) and part good sense imo

If I had kids/teenagers I'd be telling them not to get involved in a mugging hoping that it would stay with them in later life etc....you just dont know if the attacker/s will turn on the intervener, produce a syringe, screwdriver, blade or even gun (esp relevant here as this was in the states)...I'd be telling them call the authorities who should (in theory at least) be more trained/prepared and better able to deal with situations like this...I see the other side also though as in if they or I was being attacked I would like to think that someone would step in etc

what do you stand to gain stepping in to calm down a possibly insane possibly violent probably unpredictable person, maybe its your personality and it would feel good because its the right thing to do (or is it? - maybe you would make the situation worse) you could stand to lose a hell of a lot.....brain function, an eye, use of some or all of your limbs, your life etc

if I seen someone being mugged, I like to think I would help but the stakes are just so high nowadays with proper law and order not being enforced and scumbags etc with no sense of decency or honour that dont know where to draw the line or are possibly out of their heads on drugs (you might say I'm being sensationalist but you cant deny the fact it is a possibility and something to consider).....it could be the last thing you do, i certainly would not be responsible for encouraging other people to do it.

In any event here the guy hasn't attacked anyone ... as he stands only to harm himself as things developed then there is even less incentive for people to step in......also most peoples reaction to crazy is to distance themselves from it, crazy just isn't something most people want to be around...its the unpredictability of it

deciding to videotape and laugh about it...well thats another story, not very pleasant or edifying

• Advertisement
Advertisement