Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lansdowne v Clontarf RTE 2 2.00pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

"We'd like to thank the main sponsors of AIL, Ulster Bank"

"Boooooooo"

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Joe Hart wrote: »

"Boooooooo"

lol

'And Lansdowne sponsors Heineken...'

'Yayyyyyyy!'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

'Try Lansdowne by somebody'

'waaaaayyyyyyy'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

great individual try by Colm O'Shea

conversion missed, 27-25.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Horrible way to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Stupid uncontested scrums!

Thats it then.

32-25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Two tries from Mark Roche and he set up another one. Great game from him.

Roche only got one afaik

Roche only got one afaik

He picked up the one at the very end as well. Commentators missed it.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    He picked up the one at the very end as well. Commentators missed it.

yeah rte totally missed that

yeah rte totally missed that

And then Quinlan credits Walsh with it. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Joe Hart wrote: »

"Boooooooo"

Why the booing?? In this day and age, that's the last thing a follower of a rugby club would be doing, I'd have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Roche was very good, but ...........that hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Cracking advert for the league. Great for Leinster to have home grown props coming through, Moore and O'Connell were outstanding. Ronaldson looks like a very good piece of business for Connacht if that goes through. Encouraging that guys can still pick up contracts from the AIL.

Hype710 wrote: »
    Cracking advert for the league. Great for Leinster to have home grown props coming through, Moore and O'Connell were outstanding. Ronaldson looks like a very good piece of business for Connacht if that goes through. Encouraging that guys can still pick up contracts from the AIL.
    I'd like to see written media cover more than a pocket of Div 1A twice or three times a year. Each of the four leagues has some terrific battles taking place as do the provincial playoffs for places in UBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Have to say that was a cracking game of rugby, great advert for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

JustinDee wrote: »
    I'd like to see written media cover more than a pocket of Div 1A twice or three times a year. Each of the four leagues has some terrific battles taking place as do the provincial playoffs for places in UBL.

Would love to see more print media coverage as well. But how can that be achieved?

Would love to see more print media coverage as well. But how can that be achieved?

Up to print media. All the info etc is sent their way regularly. Having said that, Adam Redmond's coverage is excellent and knowledgable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Probably most achievable at the grass roots level. . If you get it in the local papers eventually the national media will pick it up.

I've found that getting into local papers is easiest if you write it yourself. For example if every club had a press officer. Each press officer chose a local paper and sent them a weekly bulletin with a match report for the AIL team and a paragraphh with short summations about the 21s and seconds I guarantee that it would be printed.

If you can't get a member to volunteer to do the press officer send one of the blazers into a college journalism class. A lot of journalism students would love something regular to write that would regularly get their name attached to a byline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

decisions wrote: »
    Roche is electric at this level. Is he involved with Leinster?
    think he played u20 for connacht this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Better team won on the day yesterday, landownes scrum gave them a huge platform. Thought there were some great performances from tarf with Burke Flynn rampaging around the park, Reilly nicked 3 line outs and outshone Flanagan, Crawford mixed brutish hits with smarts in the try he scored, Cronin at scrum half was excellent, McGrath on the wing was everywhere, Evan Ryan gave a captains performance with some great steals on the ground, says a lot when a player is keeping collie o Shea on the bench.

Stand out for me though was Kavannagh at prop, he did his cruciate in sept 2011 and yesterday was his first start since hats off to him, I thought the spell of scrums in the first quarter he held his own against Moore but the ref gave an odd display in penalising us twice for wheeling the scrum then on third scrum he said the scrum went 90. Pity furlong was injured he'd have loved a chance to lock horns with jack o Connell.

Landsdownes front row was excellent and both props have great careers ahead.

Good advert for the game, I hope for next season the irfu go back to top four playoff to add the excitement and have as many fri night games as possible.

Final thing, 5 man bench is ruining the game at ail level. At 1a and 1b it should be 7 or 8 man benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

well done lansdowne , they have done brilliant , considering also they were missing at least 4 of ther more senior players , now serving with the provinces.

bamboozle wrote: »
    Good advert for the game, I hope for next season the irfu go back to top four playoff to add the excitement and have as many fri night games as possible
    It is at the wish of the participating clubs that the current format of the Ulster Bank League is in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Incorrect

Clubs asked for meaningless play-offs that had nothing to do with promotion done away with

Stainalert wrote: »
    Incorrect

Clubs asked for meaningless play-offs that had nothing to do with promotion done away with

Not incorrect at all.

I think you will find that most 1A clubs were in favour of the playoffs for 1A and still are

I think you will find that most 1A clubs were in favour of the playoffs for 1A and still are
    I know which clubs want what.
    There are also four divisions in the Ulster Bank League, not one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

unfortunately for the 1A clubs the vote was held by the entire league.

Honestly imo it should have been decided on a division by division basis. 1A has the most to gain from post season playoffs because it gets televised which is a chunk of money and some exposure for the sponsors.

• Advertisement

Play-offs in 1B 2A & 2B were rightly abolished as they were meaningless fixtures with no impact on promotion

1A Play-offs are a different proposition altogether as without any promotion it is all about winning the title

Only problem with an 18 game league is fitting in another couple of fixtures without further clashes with B&I Cup

Advertisement