Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is wrong with some people??

Options

Comments

Blondie919 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21974375

14 year old girl raped in a moving bus in Glasgow.

Why did none of the other passengers at least ring the police? How could you NOT know if someone is being raped??

She was upstairs, and when people downstairs were alerted they intervened. Maybe it all happened very quickly from there on and in an atmosphere of intimidation and threat people didn't react as quickly as they should have.

Poor kid. I hope they're caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

If you read the article it says once her friend alerted people they reacted and helped the girl. Got her off the bus and waited with her for another bus.

Horrible thing to happen but OP is misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

judgefudge wrote: »
    If you read the article it says once her friend alerted people they reacted and helped the girl. Got her off the bus and waited with her for another bus.

Horrible thing to happen but OP is misleading.

I did read it, it says the two men were using crude and lewd language to other passengers. Were all these other passengers in the deck below? I doubt if these two idiots were using that kind of language in an otherwise empty top deck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

as awful as what happened her is,

what were two 14 year olds doing on a bus at 10.30pm at night unsupervised? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

I did read it, it says the two men were using crude and lewd language to other passengers. Were all these other passengers in the deck below? I doubt if these two idiots were using that kind of language in an otherwise empty top deck.

Read it again. They were kicked off the bus for a later incident, so that must have been it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

hoodwinked wrote: »

what were two 14 year olds doing on a bus at 10.30pm at night unsupervised? :eek:
    Ah come on now, shes 14 not 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

The parents may have thought that the children were on a sleep over is somebody elses house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Yes, because she was clearly safe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

smcgiff wrote: »
    Perhaps she should have been wrapped in bubble wrap and kept in a bank vault?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

smcgiff wrote: »

How pissed would you have been if your parents said you couldn't use the bus at the age of 14?

• Advertisement

How pissed would you have been if your parents said you couldn't use the bus at the age of 14?

at 10;30 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

When the other passengers were alerted, how the hell did the rapists escape? If it was Dublin bus they'd be beaten to death, and rightly so.

at 14 i was just allowed to the nearest shopping center during the day, never mind in the dark of night and a bus journey away from home.

my be home time was also 10 o clock in the summer, as my mother used say "you have no business being outside at that hour"

and she was right, nothing good ever came of those children hanging around late at night.

this was in the spring when it would have been dark at that hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ah sure feck it,lets just blame the parents for their daughters rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

What is wrong with the passengers? They took the girl off the bus and waited for another one? Oh wow, well done to them. Did nobody think to tell the bus driver there were two rapists upstairs who had just raped a young girl and he should call the police?

at 10;30 pm

She was going home. How else was she to get home? Taxi? Walk?

Surely her parents felt she was old enough to ride the bus home at 10:30 at night with her friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

It's likely that the top deck was empty, particularly at that time of night. Nobody knew what was going on until her friend went upstairs to talk to her. They later got thrown off the bus for lewd behaviour, presumably they went downstairs. I do find it strange that nobody tried to apprehend the men and ring the police. But obviously it is being dealt with.

Edit: I thought the guys were being charged. Yeah somebody should have tried to apprehend them or at least tell the driver.

Prodigious wrote: »
    When the other passengers were alerted, how the hell did the rapists escape? If it was Dublin bus they'd be beaten to death, and rightly so.

the two involved were kicked off the bus later on (after midnight) for a different unruly behaviour.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Ah sure feck it,lets just blame the parents for their daughters rape.

I'd blame the rapists first.

at 14 i was just allowed to the nearest shopping center during the day, never mind in the dark of night and a bus journey away from home.

my be home time was also 10 o clock in the summer, as my mother used say "you have no business being outside at that hour"

and she was right, nothing good ever came of those children hanging around late at night.

What? My curfew was 11 when I was that age. What was different about that extra hour I was out and you were in bed? Nothing happened after 10 that didn't happen before...

• Advertisement

What? My curfew was 11 when I was that age. What was different about that extra hour I was out and you were in bed? Nothing happened after 10 that didn't happen before...

and you were allowed be anywhere including a bus ride away at that age? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

did you not know you were 100% more likely for nothing good to come of you for staying out for that extra hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Despite the current story, and ignoring nightlinks, a bus is pretty safe. This is the only time I've ever heard of anything like this on a bus in a country like ireland or england.

I guess what happened was she was upstairs alone with them. the attack happened. he friend came up and alerted the other passangers. The girls go off. the girls got onto another bus, the police were called and met them after they got off the second bus.

I'm not sure why the bus driver wasn't alerted. And the reason they were kicked off for a later disturbance is because either a) someone got on and went upstairs. b) the guys went downstairs or c) they caused enough noise and damage whilst still alone that the bus driver who was downstairs heard about it.

Hope the scum are caught.

and you were allowed be anywhere including a bus ride away at that age? :eek:

2 bus rides away some nights. Lived in Clontarf (Dublin) and hung out in Ayrfield. I don't get your point of what amount of distance has been travelled?

pmcmahon wrote: »
    did you not know you were 100% more likely for nothing good to come of you for staying out for that extra hour.

i never said 100% ;) my point is 14 is still a child,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Was this the bus to Yoker?

i never said 100% ;) my point is 14 is still a child,

No it's not. A clue is in the word itself.

She was going home. How else was she to get home? Taxi? Walk?

Surely her parents felt she was old enough to ride the bus home at 10:30 at night with her friend.

Well if I believe 10:30 is to late for 14 year olds to be out which I do then I'd expect them to be home earlier.
    Obviously the parents don't agree with me if they were ok with the girls to be coming home at that time and that's their prerogative but I think there are dangers involved with children being out at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

LOL, i have never heared about similar situation in Poland. So badass, everybody should draw conclusions...

• Advertisement

No it's not. A clue is in the word itself.

so you are saying if the guys get caught they won't be arrested for raping a child?

because she's a teenager that makes it different?

or is it

14 = Teenager = allowed wander the streets at 10.30pm

14 = child = courts treat them as such....

which is it im getting confused?

Advertisement