Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please -AIB threatens me

Options
  • 29-03-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was AIB customer for 4 years, always good credit, never late with payment.
    then I lost my job, and I kept the account open for paying my internet bill every month. Then AIB brought in these charged for "less richer" people and my nightmare has started. I couldn't afford to pay their 15euro monthly charge from my dole (because I have been using internet backing too often, and paid money into the account at the post office) so I taken the 30euro for internet away from there and then I found out there will be charges for using my account at the end of the month -18euro. I couldn't pay it, nor I could close the account.
    After writing them a letter stating I can't afford it, but I want to close my account, they refused doing so untill I pay it off. So After 6 months I get this threatening letter, that I have to pay 28euro now (as duty stamp was taken in the mean time from the account)also they may close the account or not, and the interest from debt will grow on it and so on.

Can someone tell me (without leaving mean comments please) what can I do to tell them to F OFF.
    There must be something to do so without being ripped off like they ripped the nation.

help appreciated.
    thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You might get better answers in the consumer issues forum or something similar

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

tell them you own them, thatll tell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Pay the €28 ffs, it's hardly a fortune now is it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Walk into one of their branches and throw oxo cubes at them. That'll learn 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

€28.00. That's your problem? You any good at singing? Doesn't matter, get a cap and go busk. You'll have that in an hour or two. I'm sure you're lying awake at night over it. Imagine if you had a mortgage? jasus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I think you are a wonderfull person (that is the mean comments bit covered), now what eggzackly are you looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You have to pay what you rightly owe. Put €5 a week into the account until it's paid off.

P.S. Stop trying to look for help stealing from the banks, they have enough trouble with people not baying back their debits as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Take a large amount of iron tablets. Tell them the check is in the mail....and by check you really mean a big dark browny black iron filled turd in an envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

€28 ?

That must be a lot of money down your way ...or something :confused:

Latchy wrote: »
    €28 ?

That must be a lot of money down your way ...or something :confused:

It did not take long for the upper class to appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

If all you need your bank account for is the internet, I'd say find some other internet provider(do 3 do PAYG internet?) and close the account and find 28 euro to pay off AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

The bank could argue that you can afford to pay your internet bill, so I doubt there's any point trying to get out of paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You'll have to pay the 28 euro, now if it was 28 million you would get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mr. Wong wrote: »
    Walk into one of their branches and throw oxo cubes at them. That'll learn 'em.

Beef or veg stock? C'mon, this is important

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Join fianna fail, call yourself bertie and become a td. Youll receive millions in corrupt payments and bags of cash then youll have lots of money to pay back the bank!

It also helps if you forget everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

ani_mal wrote: »
    ...I couldn't afford to pay their 15euro monthly charge...

What charge is 15 euro monthly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

Beef or veg stock? C'mon, this is important
    Veg of course. It's Good Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

To be fair to the OP, certain banks are absolutely gouging people with fees in recent months.

It's going to be back to keeping a pile of cash in a biscuit tin again the way things are going.

Both AIB and BOI have implemented pretty hefty charges on just about every transaction you could possibly make and it does add up rather quickly.

and they charge all sorts of extra fees if you go overdrawn accidentally due to all the fees they charge. This can result in a small lack of money turning into owing them quite a lot of money and if you're on a tight budget it's pretty damn nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

:rolleyes:

/ Drops gold covered monocle from left eye

Latchy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

/ Drops gold covered monocle from left eye

I was joking too, chillax mon ami crack open a can.:rolleyes: to :cool: to :confused: to :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

thx for all the mean comments but not necessary here.

I won't pay, Ireland taxpeyers already bailed these feckers out.
    its a princible now to not pay and tell them to get lost.

besides, don't know how many of you are unemployed,
    I don't smoke, don't have fancy car, nor skype or any other fecking luxuries.
    Simply can't afford to pay this 28euro.
    I don't have mortgage cos I knew I won't be able to pay it off, not sure why people liveed/live beyon their means and took this noose with them while buying a house.

and stop wasting my time and find yourself entertainment somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So wont let you close account you, have only one direct debit,just dont use account ever again find another internet provider, pay as you go, im sure the bank will have bigger fish to fry then constantly after you for €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

when you don't have it, it is alot. I don't even have 5euro left at the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I don't have mortgage cos I knew I won't be able to pay it off, not sure why people liveed/live beyon their means and took this noose with them while buying a house.

If you have an internet connection you can use skype, it's free pc to pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

So in your eyes having €28 of disposable income is upper class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I think its you who is wasting our time and you are not very entertaining at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

when you don't have it, it is alot. I don't even have 5euro left at the end of the week.

You shouldn't have lived beyond your means and spent money you didn't have so.
    I thought that was something you were against.

Have you got a toaster, I am asking you have you got a toaster, just answer the question, I knew it you do have luxuries and you never even knew it.

So in your eyes having €28 of disposable income is upper class?

If I had a gold covered monocle I could probably see this reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

If you truly can't afford €28 once off how the hell do you have internet? Surly should consider dropping that of you're that skint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement