Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LM3450 42 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview 3D LED TV - €500

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's €50 cheaper on amazon.co.uk, but it's an ok price for a bricks and mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

CombatCow wrote: »
    It's €50 cheaper on amazon.co.uk, but it's an ok price for a bricks and mortar store.

50 euro is worth it if something goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Caution, could by a typo on Argos site...
    Not Full HD 1080p if the resolution is listed as 1366 x 768 pixels
    Would check the spec on the LG site before purchasing to be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

amazon has excellent customer service so in this case €50 is quite a premium just to buy in a bricks and mortar store

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

jmorrisey wrote: »
    amazon has excellent customer service so in this case €50 is quite a premium just to buy in a bricks and mortar store

amazon won't deliver TV to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Try Flubit using the Amazon price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

http://www.lg.com/hk_en/tvs/lg-42LM3450

LG site specs

States 1920x1080

MCI - 100? Is that not terrible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

chee wrote: »
    amazon won't deliver TV to Ireland

The TV in the OP ships to Ireland

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009C7E3EQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Amazon continue to deliver many TV's to ROI - not all brands & not all models, there are some exceptions.

I've bought two LG's on Amazon without issue.
    mathie wrote: »
    50 euro is worth it if something goes wrong!

Despite there being an international element, a return to Amazon is a relatively pain-free process tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I have a bigger brother model up from this TV with smart TV etc, I'm pretty pleased with that model. As far as I can tell from a quick google it has a LCD Panel with similar technology, so its Passive 3d IPS LED.

What this means in effect

+Fantastic viewing angles
    +Brighter ( like really bright, its easy to make out a picture on bright day in a room full of windows) and more vivid colours
    +The 3D is very good and much easier on the eye than passive TV, you can use normal 3d Cinema Glasses

There are a view drawbacks that tend to be deal breakers though
    -Its not 100hz by its nature, there can be ghosting problems, especially with football, people report "shadows" following the ball. I'm sure if this panel has motion interpolation so it could be even worse. Best way to check is go to a show room, ask them to put on some football on a passive 3d LG tv, most use the same type of panel.
    - It can struggle with dark scenes, some of the LG models auto dim the picture on a dark scene, which means it can sometimes be tricky to see whats going on, although its generally pretty good.

If you happen to be an avid football watcher (and a bit picky) or love dark movies its probably worth checking it out before buying, but I think for average use its grand.

Thats my 2 cents anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Not at current exchange rates,its ~465 euro delivered to Ireland ,saving of only 35.
    Anyway 500 euro is normal price for a fairly basic 42 inch set.

• Advertisement

Exchange rates from XE.com
    379.00 GBP =447.735 EUR
    1 GBP = 1.18136 EUR 1 EUR = 0.846483 GBP

379.00 GBP =447.735 EUR

You're forgetting that Amazon charge Irish VAT.

You should still buy from Amazon though.

True, I would prefer customer service from Amazon over Argos any day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

379.00 GBP =447.735 EUR
    You have to pay Irish vat rates so price is £389.49 ,thats 460 euro on xe.com but you never get that rate ,will be at least an extra 1.75% so close to 470 euro all in.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Anyway 500 euro is normal price for a fairly basic 42 inch set.

Not for a 3D 42 inch TV it isn't.

This TV originally went on sale in Argos, then amazon price matched the Argos UK price, which is good for us as Argos Ireland don't do as good with their currency conversion. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Zardoz wrote: »
    You have to pay Irish vat rates so price is £389.49 ,thats 460 euro on xe.com but you never get that rate ,will be at least an extra 1.75% so close to 470 euro all in.

Items: GBP 389.49
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    (Order Total: GBP 389.49)
    Payment Total: EUR 478,74

Not bad :)

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Items: GBP 389.49
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    (Order Total: GBP 389.49)
    Payment Total: EUR 478,74

Not bad :)

Don't use amazon's currency converter and it will work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Most of the time, you're better off paying in GBP and letting your credit card handle the FX rate.

Amazons own conversion to € is often skewed heavily in their favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Has someone actually bought or even seen this tv?
    If so can they clarify the actual spec,is it full hd or not?is it 3d? Is it 100hz?
    I don't think this is a bargin.looking at the model number would suggest that it's a basic enough set

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blazer2904

Does anyone know if this TV come with 3D glasses?
    Also does the USB connection play video, pictures etc?

• Advertisement

Comes with 4 pairs of glasses. Not sure about he USB, have a read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blazer2904

Great thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Anyone else order this deal from Amazon?

I did, and my estimated dispatch date has come and gone and it's still at status 'Dispatching Soon'. I tried cancelling it, and got an email saying they couldn't - but suggested I am free to refuse collection, or collect and return following the usual methods.

Meh. I was hoping they would just apologize for the delay and hurry up and deliver. Still a good deal, but I am not itching for a 47 / 55". :(

PS: They emailed saying they couldn't cancel it, yet it has now disappeared from the order... Hmm?!

PPS: Update: An email from Amazon saying they cancelled it due to size restrictions on delivery.
    We are contacting you to advise that we have cancelled the following item LG 42LM3450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Cinema LED TV with Freeview from your order # ... and you haven’t been charged for it.

Due to delivery restrictions Widescreen televisions (larger than 32 inch), furniture or some fitness equipment, can only be delivered to mainland UK.

As your order contains a Television larger than 32 inch we are unable to deliver it to your chosen address as it is not within mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The 32LM400 is available for €273.50 delivered. With the prices of Telly Boxes hoorin' down at the minute i didn't post it in it's own thread, as i'm sure it may not be the greatest deal ever, but nonetheless a good price for a 32" TV LED with 3D and Saorview..

(Forgot to Mention, you have to use Parcel Motel to get it delivered at that price.)

It's £280.72 (€331) + Delivery on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009GD3Z68/

51dhv-2n7UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Firstly thanks to the OP.
    I took the plunge and bought this set and I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised with what I got for €499. I had been looking at more expensive sets and would never use half the functionality that they had so decided on a cheaper set and then buy a smart blu ray player.

To address the common questions
    It is full HD
    It is 3D and comes with 4 Pairs of glasses
    It has a USB slot and it has played everything I threw at it so far - Movies, Pictures and Music
    It has an ethernet connection and easily streamed movies off my NAS drive
    It is Saorview Compatible and picked up all the channels.

The 3D playback is pretty impressive and the fact that you can use cinema glasses is a big plus when you have young kids who could leave them anywhere and break them. The 2D to 3D conversion is hardly noticeable so that would not be a strong selling point.

In short if you are looking for a 3D telly and don't want to spend a fortune this is definitely for you. Blu Rays and Sky through HDMI look great on it and for most of us is going to be all we need.

If anyone has any specific questions I will try to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Does it have an audio out connection at the back ? Ie. TV to an AMP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Does it have an audio out connection at the back ? Ie. TV to an AMP ?

Unfortunately that is one thing it doesn't have. The way that I got around it was to run the audio direct from my sky box and blu ray player straight to the amp. This however does not solve the issue for anything played off USB or Ethernet DLNA or Apple TV.
    Might look at going from the headphone socket to the AMP not sure what the quality would be like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see this deal finishes tomorrow, on the verge of pulling the trigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Me too..
    Though i tried out that Flubit.com website and they are offering it to me from amazon.co.uk with another £16 off so it would be ~€431 delivered..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Not sure how flubit thing is going to work as Amazon came back to me saying they won't ship outside mainland UK.... so they wouldn't post it to Parcel Motel in the north either.

Advertisement