Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT receipts for new builds?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

mfceiling wrote: »
    Had them on site a few weeks ago (new school build).

The amount of lads running to hide in vans, roof spaces and one lad climbed in to an empty water tank!!

They were very polite to me - asked all the questions - i gave all the answers. The one thing he couldn't figure out was.....he only got about 11 names in total yet the car park had over 25 vehicles in it!!

That's the kind of generalized answer I was expecting, when i posted
    Good, did they catch anyone out?

Did not expect names or PRSI numbers

• Subscribers Posts: 41,167 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I wouldn't expect anyone to admit in an open forum that they had employed guys on the black market....

That's what you asked...

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect anyone to admit in an open forum that they had employed guys on the black market....

That's what you asked...

Assuming, by ''My Site'' he is the Contractor, or Client, maybe he will clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

mfceiling wrote: »
    Had them on site a few weeks ago (new school build).

The amount of lads running to hide in vans, roof spaces and one lad climbed in to an empty water tank!!

They were very polite to me - asked all the questions - i gave all the answers. The one thing he couldn't figure out was.....he only got about 11 names in total yet the car park had over 25 vehicles in it!!
    martinn123 wrote: »
    Assuming, by ''My Site'' he is the Contractor, or Client, maybe he will clarify.

Big difference between "on site" and "my site";)

I was subbed in to a guy who had the entire ceilings and partition package.

They asked for all my details - prsi number, van reg, how i got paid, when i got paid, how i travelled to work.

Didn't matter to me a jot....i'm fully compliant and all taxes paid up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fairky

I own the site its a self build and they Questioned my Builder, I have nothing to hide but I wasnt there I wonder if they will come to me looking for any info etc? And how would I stand if someone on the just say a labourer was working for cash am I liable ?

• Advertisement

fairky wrote: »
    I own the site its a self build and they Questioned my Builder, I have nothing to hide but I wasnt there I wonder if they will come to me looking for any info etc? And how would I stand if someone on the just say a labourer was working for cash am I liable ?

My apologies,

I should not have posted the question,
    Good, did they catch anyone out?

as syd said in in an open Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

fairky wrote: »
    And how would I stand if someone on the just say a labourer was working for cash am I liable ?
    A. You shouldn't be doing that.
    B. You shouldn't post about it here.
    C. You wont get an answer here to the question.

Advertisement