Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are people on Adverts asking for the manufacture dates for XBOX S 250GBs?

• 27-03-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

From what I have read the Reset Glitch Hack is the way to go. I would like to be able to run homebrew, see what linux is like on the XBOX, play emulators, install a 2TB internal drive, and have the ability to still play XBOX online, which I think needs an extra chip to disable the RGH temporarily - I am not exactly sure how this last part works - can anyone tell me?

I had understood that any XBOX 360 Slim 250GB is vulnerable to RGH and it would do everything else I mentioned (importantly including also playing online which I think needs an extra chip), but on Adverts.ie I see people asking for the manufacture date for that edition - if I am correct the manufacture date does not matter once it's a 250GB Slim, no?

Please help me clarify what is the best XBOX edition/model to order for my needs, and how to verify this with the eBay seller, AND which of the many RGH guides here I am supposed to follow for that edition/model.
    Edit/Delete Message

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

yes all slims are now rgh'able, there is a hack that allows you to switch between rgh and retail, so you can play your games of your hdd on the rgh mode and then when you want to play online you switch it to retail, but on retail you cant play the games from your hdd, you have to yous your disc's, its the coolrunner and the demon you need!
    hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

the mfr date is a guide to what motherboard you have! plus the voltage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

ufc pro wrote: »
    yes all slims are now rgh'able, there is a hack that allows you to switch between rgh and retail, so you can play your games of your hdd on the rgh mode and then when you want to play online you switch it to retail, but on retail you cant play the games from your hdd, you have to yous your disc's, its the coolrunner and the demon you need!
    hope this helps!

Hi again UFC, and thanks for the reply :)

Yeah, I think the dual nand chip/hack used to be cygnos360 but is now Xecutor's demon. Please have a read over my qiuestions below.
    ufc pro wrote: »
    the mfr date is a guide to what motherboard you have! plus the voltage

Thanks, is that something I need to consider before buying from eBay or am I safe ordering any XBOX 360 250GB Slim matte or glossy? To clarify I am looking to mod it with a 2TB (preferably internal drive if that is the way to go), RGH, and dual nand so I can use XBOX Live when using the stock nand.

Do either of you or anyone reading have an XBOX setup like this?

What is your drive setup?

I have read some people saying you can configure a single internal drive for the stock nand and the RGH nand somehow but there are some limitations which I do not understand, and I have also read others saying you should use your internal for stock and external for RGH, and then again others saying you cannot use a single internal for both at all.

It seems to me for the sake of convenience and neatness it would be better to use a single internal drive using the method that somehow makes it so you do not need to keep swapping internal drives out - but only if the limitations it causes are not too major? What can you not do with this method? Emulators, original XBOX games, GoD?

There are so many guides on the forums I have been looking at for all different things for the XBOX but I have not found one I can start with that I know is current and up to date and will include coolrunner and nand - if anyone has one please post it here.

I found this video series on you tube that looks good and it was only made in February of this year so should be up to date only I notice he uses DGX and I think there is something called RGX which is better?

Also, please do not mention backups on this thread as to adhere to forum rules :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

dusf wrote: »
    Hi again UFC, and thanks for the reply :)

Yeah, I think the dual nand chip/hack used to be cygnos360 but is now Xecutor's demon. Please have a read over my qiuestions below.

Thanks, is that something I need to consider before buying from eBay or am I safe ordering any XBOX 360 250GB Slim matte or glossy? To clarify I am looking to mod it with a 2TB (preferably internal drive if that is the way to go), RGH, and dual nand so I can use XBOX Live when using the stock nand.

Do either of you or anyone reading have an XBOX setup like this?

What is your drive setup?

I have read some people saying you can configure a single internal drive for the stock nand and the RGH nand somehow but there are some limitations which I do not understand, and I have also read others saying you should use your internal for stock and external for RGH, and then again others saying you cannot use a single internal for both at all.

It seems to me for the sake of convenience and neatness it would be better to use a single internal drive using the method that somehow makes it so you do not need to keep swapping internal drives out - but only if the limitations it causes are not too major? What can you not do with this method? Emulators, original XBOX games, GoD?

There are so many guides on the forums I have been looking at for all different things for the XBOX but I have not found one I can start with that I know is current and up to date and will include coolrunner and nand - if anyone has one please post it here.

I found this video series on you tube that looks good and it was only made in February of this year so should be up to date only I notice he uses DGX and I think there is something called RGX which is better?

Also, please do not mention backups on this thread as to adhere to forum rules :)

Your over thinking it - in a dual nand setup for simplicity you should just have one hard drive for the retail nand and one hard drive for the RGH nand and switch between as you switch nands.

I did this and put green electrical tape on the hard drive for the retail nand to indicate that is was safe to use online, and red electrical tape on the RGH hard drive to indicate that is wasn't safe to use online.

justryan wrote: »
    Your over thinking it - in a dual nand setup for simplicity you should just have one hard drive for the retail nand and one hard drive for the RGH nand and switch between as you switch nands.

I did this and put green electrical tape on the hard drive for the retail nand to indicate that is was safe to use online, and red electrical tape on the RGH hard drive to indicate that is wasn't safe to use online.

So you had to switch the eternal HDD each time you wanted to switch nand?

Would it not make more sense to either use the method to just have one HDD for both, or use the internal for stock nand and the external for RGH?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So you had to switch the eternal HDD each time you wanted to switch nand?

Would it not make more sense to either use the method to just have one HDD for both, or use the internal for stock nand and the external for RGH?

How can you? If you use the online nand there will be loads of unsigned content on the drive that live...

EnterNow wrote: »

How can you? If you use the online nand there will be loads of unsigned content on the drive that live...

I don't know how exactly but I have read about several that have done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Maybe they partition the drive via pc first?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Maybe they partition the drive via pc first?

I'm not sure, leave it with me and I'll link to where I see people doing it.

From what I have read in the guides so far, in order to RGH and dual NAND I am safe ordering any glossy or matte XBOX 360 250GB models as they are all Corona version 1 or version 3 - and as per the image below if the manufacture date is between Aug 2011 - Jun 2012 or Jul 2012 onwards it is another good indicator the XBOX in question is one I want - can someone please confirm this before I transfer money?

LsCREr6.jpg

I'm not sure, leave it with me and I'll link to where I see people doing it.

From what I have read in the guides so far, in order to RGH and dual NAND I am safe ordering any glossy or matte XBOX 360 250GB models as they are all Corona version 1 or version 3 - and as per the image below if the manufacture date is between Aug 2011 - Jun 2012 or Jul 2012 onwards it is another good indicator the XBOX in question is one I want - can someone please confirm this before I transfer money?

There is a corona v2 as well

• Advertisement

There is a corona v2 as well

Yes there is, but does that reference image I linked not indicate v2 and v4 are 4GB?

Yes there is, but does that reference image I linked not indicate v2 and v4 are 4GB?

The image should be used as a rough guide the only way to know for sure is to crack open the console.

The image should be used as a rough guide the only way to know for sure is to crack open the console.

To crack open the console and confirm it is v2 or v4 though, right?

To crack open the console and confirm it is v2 or v4 though, right?

Why do you want a v2 or v4 aim for a v1 - less hardware to perform the hack = less cost

Why do you want a v2 or v4 aim for a v1 - less hardware to perform the hack = less cost

Sorry, it is a v1 or v3 I am aiming for as that way I will have a 250GB HDD that will work with the stock NAND, and according to this guide, which reports to be up to date, Demon dual NAND will only work with these versions.

I understand why you are recommending v1 over v2 or v4, but why over v3? Is there that much difference in the 250GB models?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So .... Any xbox 360 250gb slim can use this reset glitch hack?

I see a new xbox for €222.99 here from argos - Thet'll do the job right?

Yep, but newer models are likely to be the latest Corona motherboards which can cost more to mod, I would try the second hand market for an Xbox manufactured during 2010-2011

They can use RGH but they cannot use the dual NAND Team Xecutor Demon chip which means you will not be able to play games like Call of Duty and Battlefield etc online using XBOX Live - for me onlinev gaming is a major part of gaming.
    Yep, but newer models are likely to be the latest Corona motherboards which can cost more to mod, I would try the second hand market for an Xbox manufactured during 2010-2011

Were you not recommending in this thread a few posts ago Corona v1 - are you now recommending the Trinity motherboard XBOX?

Please answer my question why v1 is any better than v3?

They can use RGH but they cannot use the dual NAND Team Xecutor Demon chip which means you will not be able to play games like Call of Duty and Battlefield etc online using XBOX Live - for me onlinev gaming is a major part of gaming.

Were you not recommending in this thread a few posts ago Corona v1 - are you now recommending the Trinity motherboard XBOX?

Please answer my question why v1 is any better than v3?

The Trinity version is fine if he just wants the standard reset glitch hack (he did specify).

I'm not up to speed with the Corona with regards to dual nand compatibility, v1 is better because it means less cost to install the RGH/dual nand. I got a v2 today and it doesn't have the standard nand so that alone means I have to get additional hardware to read/write to the nand, luckily you can use a microsd card reader by making a few modifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for getting back guys. I was reading up a bit about the RGH.

The aspect of switching the console mode so I could play online is very appealing. My old modded xbox gave up on me in 2009. The only reason I havent modded my new xbox is because I do like the idea of still playing online.

I've recently decided to just get a new console. But now that I know I can have the best of both worlds? win win :pac: Does anyone know where to buy a new xbox 360 thats capable of installing that dual NAND Team Xecutor Demon chip? ... or is it just a case of having the actually look at the console itself in order to tell if it can or cant?

once again, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just a quick question. Thinking about getting a slim tomorrow and I have a Nand-x from about 2 or 3 years ago from doing the jtag on the old xbox. Will this nand-x work fine for a dump from a slim or is it a new version of the nand-x?

Limericks wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Thinking about getting a slim tomorrow and I have a Nand-x from about 2 or 3 years ago from doing the jtag on the old xbox. Will this nand-x work fine for a dump from a slim or is it a new version of the nand-x?

It should be fine you'll want to use a new application called jrunner to dump your nand, also verify you mfr and power rating to get a rough idea what version motherboard you have.

It should be fine you'll want to use a new application called jrunner to dump your nand, also verify you mfr and power rating to get a rough idea what version motherboard you have.

Thats good to hear saves me a few euro :)

Also, it's gonna be a v4 corona as gamestop have z special this weekend (link

What else hardware wise should I need to do this. I keep finding contradicting info online when searching. Also where is the best place online to buy such items?

Thats good to hear saves me a few euro :)

What else hardware wise should I need to do this. I keep finding contradicting info online when searching. Also where is the best place online to buy such items?

Nice deal the corona v4 features a new nand so you need a r/w kit to dump the nand and a dgx 1.1s or cr3 lite or pro to glitch the Xbox

Nice deal the corona v4 features a new nand so you need a r/w kit to dump the nand and a dgx 1.1s or cr3 lite or pro to glitch the Xbox

any recommendations on where to buy them?

any recommendations on where to buy them?

UK stores shown here, though I cannot recommend any in particular although there was a post on this forum very recently titled 'Beware of Mr Modchips'.

http://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/

UK stores shown here, though I cannot recommend any in particular although there was a post on this forum very recently titled 'Beware of Mr Modchips'.

http://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/

Yes avoid mrmodchips like the plague

From a guide listed as up to date:
    (RGH ONLY) Use a DemoN to do a dual NAND setup and have two consoles in one. One that can go on LIVE like a stock console, and one that is exploited and can do all of the above (DOESN"T WORK ON CORONA V2's/V4's)

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/

Would you not rather buy one second hand and save yourself €60 or €70? I am not talking about Adverts.ie - for the most part.

Also, apparently the older ones are easier to hack, and is 4GB really enough space for you?

From a guide listed as up to date:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/

Would you not rather buy one second hand and save yourself €60 or €70? I am not talking about Adverts.ie - for the most part.

Also, apparently the older ones are easier to hack, and is 4GB really enough space for you?

can't beat the deal with the kinect which I can sell on easily enough if I wanted too. Will probably setup the kinect to control my HTPC though :)

4gb is fine because I have a few 2.5'' hd's lying around from old xbox's.

Xbox live doesnt interest me. Mainly because of the cost of gold and I will be using the console mainly for homebrew and development :)

• Advertisement

can't beat the deal with the kinect which I can sell on easily enough if I wanted too. Will probably setup the kinect to control my HTPC though :)

I want to get Kinect myself too but for the moment I am focussing on getting a slim 250GB as cheap as I can - as I understand it I can just buy the Kinect sensor (probably second hand) and plug it into any Slim anyway.

Can you tell me more about controlling your HTPC with Kinect? We're planning on using the XBOX as a media centre in the living room, I am not sure I can warrant building a HTPC just for downloading torrents/usenet, Sabnzbd+, Couchpotato, and Headphones when I can do all of that from one of the computers we already have.
    Xbox live doesnt interest me. Mainly because of the cost of gold and I will be using the console mainly for homebrew and development :)

Nice, if you develop anything post a link here or PM me.

What do you think of the guide I linked? If you have something better please let me know.

Also, I think there has been some new development over at Team Executor where some DHX chip is used instead of RGX, I am not sure of the particulars or which models it applies too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BBT7uhLy5Q

I want to get Kinect myself too but for the moment I am focussing on getting a slim 250GB as cheap as I can - as I understand it I can just buy the Kinect sensor (probably second hand) and plug it into any Slim anyway.

Can you tell me more about controlling your HTPC with Kinect? We're planning on using the XBOX as a media centre in the living room, I am not sure I can warrant building a HTPC just for downloading torrents/usenet, Sabnzbd+, Couchpotato, and Headphones when I can do all of that from one of the computers we already have.

What do you think of the guide I linked? If you have something better please let me know.

Also, I think there has been some new development over at Team Executor where some DHX chip is used instead of RGX, I am not sure of the particulars or which models it applies too.

I will be using this software paired with XBMC to enable to kinect control.

http://www.kinemote.net/

Yes, you can buy a kinect in the future if you wish and just plug it in.

I have a separate xbmc htpc setup with usenet and all the goodies you mention like sickbeard and couchpotato. There is no beating it :)

Havent had a chance to read that guide yet but I was up all night researching it and yes your rgith it seems you do not need a DGX anymore as you can just use some generic files to dump your CPU key.

So far from what I can tell all you need is a way to dump the nand and a glitch chip like the coolrunner. Need to look into it a bit more though

Won't be doing anything major in development I just like to mess around :)

The DGX chip - previously used for recovering your CPU key can now be repurposed as a glitch chip by flashing the RGX xsvf files, it apparently gives similar boot times to the CR3 pro

Ordered my slim bundle and bought the tools I needed to run the RGH from modsupplier.com

They were about the only ones which had all the things I needed in stock and at a good price. Came to about 50 euro for 3 day delivery from australia. I am hoping customs just see a bunch of pcb's and not think twice on charging me for vat :)

To do the 4gb slim after hanging around in the #jtag360 channel on efnet I found out you needed 3 things. #1 a 4gb nand RW kit (nandx will not work) #2 a glitch chip (I went for a coolrunner, slower boot times but whatever) and #3 a postfix adapter.

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-coolrunner-rev-c-p-982.html
    http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-corona-postfix-adapter-tx-p-1072.html
    http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-corona-4gb-rw-qsb-v4-p-1074.html

Ordered my slim bundle and bought the tools I needed to run the RGH from modsupplier.com

They were about the only ones which had all the things I needed in stock and at a good price. Came to about 50 euro for 3 day delivery from australia. I am hoping customs just see a bunch of pcb's and not think twice on charging me for vat :)

To do the 4gb slim after hanging around in the #jtag360 channel on efnet I found out you needed 3 things. #1 a 4gb nand RW kit (nandx will not work) #2 a glitch chip (I went for a coolrunner, slower boot times but whatever) and #3 a postfix adapter.

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-coolrunner-rev-c-p-982.html
    http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-corona-postfix-adapter-tx-p-1072.html
    http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-corona-4gb-rw-qsb-v4-p-1074.html

Post fix is optional I think, but yes those are the things I mentioned in my previous post ;)

Post fix is optional I think, but yes those are the things I mentioned in my previous post ;)

Couldnt find a dgx or cr3 in stock anywhere at a good price so was hanging around looking for alternatives.

• Advertisement

Couldnt find a dgx or cr3 in stock anywhere at a good price so was hanging around looking for alternatives.

I think Coolrunner rev c will work with the post fix adapter - if you are not concerned about boot times. I installed the CR3 Lite on a Corona v1 recently and boot times were acceptable I'm curious to see the difference between the dgx 1.1s and CR3 Pro.

I have located an XBOX 360 Slim 250GB Go that was manufactured in 2010 that I am going to order - from what I understand this is most likely a Trinity and will suit my RGH and dual NAND needs - can someone in the know confirm this before I pay for it please?

Does go in the model mean anything? Google does not seem to be able to tell me easily?

From the guide I linked:
    When it comes to RGH'ing every motherboard type is exploitable except for Xenon's (unless you just want your DVD key, because the boot time for Xenon's are so long it is impractical for everyday use). The average lifespan decrease still applies so if you can choose do so in this order: Trinity/Corona (both are the same in terms of life span and are slims), Jasper (phat), Falcon (phat), Opus (phat), Zephyr (phat), Xenon (phat).
    (RGH modded consoles) Can use DemoN to do a dual NAND setup (about an extra 50-60 dollars) (DOESN'T WORK ON CORONA V2's/V4's)

I have located an XBOX 360 Slim 250GB Go that was manufactured in 2010 that I am going to order - from what I understand this is most likely a Trinity and will suit my RGH and dual NAND needs - can someone in the know confirm this before I pay for it please?

Does go in the model mean anything? Google does not seem to be able to tell me easily?

Go for it

Thanks, I appreciate it. Hopefully it will work out, otherwise I have a few others lined up - so far Coronas v1/v3.

I need to rehash my soldering skills so I am going to take apart an old VCR and practice.

I will post back here with the equipment/tools and parts I am going to order before I do so hopefully you or someone else can let me know if I am missing something or ordering something I don't need.

• Advertisement

Got my xbox today from that gamestop deal. MFR date is June 2011 so a v2 board. No need for postfix adapter.

deal is still on the GS website if people are looking for it.

Got my xbox today from that gamestop deal. MFR date is June 2011 so a v2 board. No need for postfix adapter.

deal is still on the GS website if people are looking for it.

Bought my Trinity XBOX 360 250GB for less than €120! :pac:

Bought my Trinity XBOX 360 250GB for less than €120! :pac:

189 for my v2 corona.

trade in value of 2 included games = about 30 quid.
    value of kinect sensor on adverts = 80-100 quid.

Cos of the extra QSB for corona boards = 10 quid :)

So all in all you could have a brand new 360 for about 80 quid.

bought a 320gb HD for 35 euro for it.

So new xbox with 320gb HD for about the same price :)

Also comes with a joypad you could sell on if you wished too.

189 for my v2 corona.

Running homebrew on your new Xbox 360 - priceless.

Sorry I had to your post sounded like the MasterCard advert : )

Gear for the hack came this morning. Will do the hack later and report back :)

Gear for the hack came this morning. Will do the hack later and report back :)

Bought two, too good a deal to pass up ;)

Just a quick question regarding the cr3 lite.

Mine came unprogrammed and from what I gather I use j-runner to do this. However I am a bit lost on which setting to use.

Under corona there is a bunch such as 0-2 1-2 1-3 etc from what I have read it does not matter which of these i pick and I should try them all to find the one that works best for me.

Where I am lost is on the cr3 lite itself it has the switches. Do I set these switches to what I pick in jrunner? so if I pick 0-2 I leave the first switch alone and in the second one I turn on 2?

Everything else I should be fine with it is just I could not find much info on this.

Just a quick question regarding the cr3 lite.

Mine came unprogrammed and from what I gather I use j-runner to do this. However I am a bit lost on which setting to use.

Under corona there is a bunch such as 0-2 1-2 1-3 etc from what I have read it does not matter which of these i pick and I should try them all to find the one that works best for me.

Where I am lost is on the cr3 lite itself it has the switches. Do I set these switches to what I pick in jrunner? so if I pick 0-2 I leave the first switch alone and in the second one I turn on 2?

Everything else I should be fine with it is just I could not find much info on this.

The numbers you flash to the CR3 Lite are timing files, in my experience 2-3 and 2-2 worked best. The switches are for toggling capacitors and resistors to fine tune boot times

189 for my v2 corona.

Very nice :)

I will take solace in the fact that I would not have been able to dual NAND it though, and also that there is less involved in hacking the Trinities!

I need to read through the guide I linked again a few more times. Still waiting on the XBOX from Europe.

Very nice :)

I will take solace in the fact that I would not have been able to dual NAND it though, and also that there is less involved in hacking the Trinities!

I need to read through the guide I linked again a few more times. Still waiting on the XBOX from Europe.

So guess what. I opened it up and the board was...... A trinity!

An xmas 2012 console bundle with an MFR of june 2011 and a trinity board. What the hell are the odds!

justryan I hope you are just as lucky as I am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement