Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

tumblr_nlc0ugcitE1qlvwnco1_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Definitely calling Katya and Ginger being in Top 3. Third place possibly being Jaidynn, Max or Pearl. I'll be honest, I want Katya to win it now, she is everything... Her 'tan mom' look in the Tan With You video is just so brilliant, keep watching it over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I thought she looked like Jane Lynch! And defo. my favourite from that challange. I loved her from the start but she's so consistant on the show and even online that I think she's going to be top 3. She was in the bottom 2 week 2 and on week 3 the judges commented on how she always brings her A game. So they must see it too.

Some funny bits in it.

Kennedy
    to go next please. I feel she is bombing a lot of the challenges (The airline one springs to mind) and she's getting away with it somehow. I don't know how she escaped the bottom two this week.
    I think next week we'll have Fame and Violet in the lip sync with Violet sending Fame home (I don't think Snatch Game will be their strength). They're really playing up either a "2 rivals" or "2 friends" are pitted against each other this season in my opinion. Kandy v Tempest, Pearl v Trixie, Jasmine v Kennedy etc.
    Jaydenn
    owned the lip sync this week and I'm so glad she stayed.

Some very strong looks this week on the runway too. A strong, decent episode but it was lacking something to give it an extra 'umpf'

• Advertisement

SPOILERS: AVOID IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EPISODE/REFUSE TO READ THE TRUTH ;)

I really enjoyed this episode. Still not buying this whole new "lively" Pearl to be honest. Like a different character altogether. I thought that the main challange was hilarious, and especially Ginger and Katya. Kennedy was most certainly one of the worst out of everyone and should have been destroyed for that runway look which she herself admitted was all out bad. Not liking her as each episode goes by, because the talent does not back up the smugness she emitts.

Not buying the Fame drama either. Talk about forced emotion? It was very cringey. Max's "anti sex" antics also very cringey. Not to be blunt but I'm not really looking forward to her coming over for Pride this year if it's all very modest and high brow. *yawn*

And I'm going to put it out there, somewhat sad to see Kandy go given she gave it socks in that lip-sync. Thought the read on her vampire look was a little harsh given that she executed it well. But that beard cropping up again really did take the biscuit xD

From what I've seen of Snatch Game next week it should be fun! A little bit disappointed we don't know who Ginger or Katya are doing but I guess saving something for next week.

Was Kennedy watching Looney Tunes the night before that look?

966575-foghorn.jpg

Max is boring now, the pretense at the start of the episode was just a bit much. Miss Fame needs to....talk less. How did Kennedy avoid being cut apart over that outfit and Pearl got attacked for her Michelle?

Ash885 wrote: »
    From what I've seen of Snatch Game next week it should be fun! A little bit disappointed we don't know who Ginger or Katya are doing but I guess saving something for next week.

Ginger is going to be Adele by the looks of it; no clue about Katya.

I think it'll be a joke if there are 2 Donatella Versace's (
    especially if rumours are true and both Violet and Fame are in the bottom, meaning neither of them pulled it off
    )

Apparently in s4 both Needles and Phi Phi wanted to do Gaga and Needles was discouraged from doubling up but from the promo Ru egged these queens on to both end up as Versace? :confused::confused:

Katya, Pearl and Violet will always be my top 3 this season

Untucked had me in right laughs! Wow check out the top three ripping ****'s weaves off left right and centre. And to be honest as bad as Ginger maybe came across, she was right on the money. Max has brought no diversity as of yet. But Kandy's exit really, really was humbling and I think if she appeared that way in the main show from the off-set, maybe she'd have been better recieved from the fans?

Just finished, not gonna post a full comment, just some short thoughts in my head.

Jayden's runway look was great, yet she gets negative critique for it? Don't get it.

Pearl being the new strong character... Not seeing it nor getting the praise she gets every week now.

Kennedy.... what the actual f**k was she wearing?

Max... I'm bored. Michelle hit the nail on the head. Same look the last 6 weeks. Grey wig, white face and a dot. Show some versatility or go home. Getting bored of her now and she used to be a front-runner for Top 3 for me.

Katya's runway was rather basic, but fun. Surprised at how well it was received and the fact that she won the main challenge.

Ginger didn't look all that great on the runway. The outfit was a clever idea but overall I'd say it failed. She's lucky her team won or she would have been read for it.

Miss Fame's breakdown... not getting it. Strange reaction. Are we gonna see another "redemption" storyline come out of this later in the season? Please God no... enough! Runway was pretty meh too.

Kandy's runway was crap. She deserved her fate, but did give a good lip-sync. Just goes to show, you can have a good runway look or give a good lip-sync and you can still go home. If Ru has made up her mind, however wrong others might think, then that's it.

Violet's waist was the only appealing thing about her runway. Her performance in the challenge was pretty meh also. She got lucky this week.

I'll post again once I've had a sleep and thought about it more. The season still seems to be lacking someting though. There;s no real energy about it. It needs a personality injection fast!

• Advertisement

Paddy C wrote: »
    Kennedy.... what the actual f**k was she wearing?
    Gurl, didn't you hear her explain it? She was a hooker who got killed but ended up crystallising into a glamazon... or something...

I haven't seen Untucked yet... Perhaps it is explained in that. But she looked like a cooked chicken. She actually looked spookily like what Coco Montrese wore in Season 5 for a runway.

Also, wasn't the runway concept about how you died? Why was Violet wearing an oxygen mask? That means she's still alive, surely? Same for the other one who was wearing a neck brace and walked funny. She survived her accident, not died from it. Isn't that kinda not doing what was asked, or am I over-thinking it?

Santino wouldn't have let these travesties go unnoticed!

The hate Kennedy is getting is quite surprising, but her replying to every tweet indiviudally and shading them is equally hilarious!

The website I usually get Drag Race from is down, and the only other place that has it is in standard definition and censored.

Anyone managed to get a hold of Fabutrash's 1080p uncensored upload anywhere? :)

I followed the link that someone on Reddit posted.

My god. This episode was....life. Just...uh...I'll let people get a chance to watch it but overal very happy with it apart from maybe not seeing certain queens enough in the Snatch Game.

Was the link to an uncensored HD copy of the episode? Can you PM it to me please? :)

OK, I've now seen it. The site I usually get it from is back online.

Probably the best episode of the season and I was NOT expecting that queen to go hom,e, but after the terrible Snatch Game performance, it wasn't hard to reach that decision.

She'll be no great loss and it was funny to see how everyone noticed that when she was in the bottom 3, it was a completely different person on the show. Just goes to show you.

Apparently there is controversy over the edit of the show. The queen we see taking clothes off, walking off stage and then singing was done during a break in filming and she sang at RuPaul's request. Yet the editing made it look like the queen was acting out and behaving weird.

They say "don't blame the editing", but when, as it seems in this case, they blatantly made something up out of nothing for drama, how can you not blame the editing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Kennedy won me over in this episode. Wasn't really liking her before but that Snatch Game was everything.

I think we all know what's going to happen with the twist right?

There are only 5 regular episodes left, so whatever queen is brought back at the start of this episode is gonna be leaving it again at the end!

It won't be, as I first thought, the 7 previous queens brought back and paired up with the current 7 queens and whichever pair wins, that eliminated queen gets to stay another week and a current queen goes home.

Well, technically, they could do that and have a double elimination next week, or a repeat of last season where they had 4 in the final episode and they all lip-synced together with one being told they aren't making it to the final.

At this point though, I'm struggling to care too much. The season has been mostly underwhelming and I haven't even bothered watching Untucked any more. It's a totally different show to what it once was sadly. I hope the main show doesn't go the same way ans Season 8 is a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

It is a final 4 this year again this year.

I'm struggling to care now. The only queens I was truly living for were Katya and Max and now Max is gone, it's going to be a struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It is a final 4 this year again this year.

I'm struggling to care now. The only queens I was truly living for were Katya and Max and now Max is gone, it's going to be a struggle.

But in fairness Max is a acting graduate and his snatch/last weeks episode were fairly horrific acting. If you cant act, lack personality and have literally one look. You are top 3 material

I'm over Max. I was over her after the Shakespeare challange to be honest. And the Sharon snatch game was downright criminal, when I heard her laughing and the little hand mannerisms I was so excited because she had the potenial to be great. But the genuine sense of humour just wasn't there.

And I think Ginger delievered the line of the season in Untucked about being winded when dancing. I cried laughing ^^

Max had to go. His drama queen act last episode and the corset moment to avoid Michelle's critique was pathetic. Jaidynn is not far behind though and Miss Fame needs to pull out something fantastic to stay in the game. Best Snatch Game ever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Looking back through the season to date, I am reminded of people's comments about how Ginger Minge is shady and two faced etc, but...

I cannot see past her winning. That is not a fat person read btw I am just saying that she is by far the most naturally comedic and consistent contestant this season,

BY FAR!

That H&M bear costume was a notable 'rough spot', but come on - who has outshone Ms Minge? I want to hear it!! I honestly thought that Max may have had a chance, but her Snatch Game was abysmal - she really let herself down.

i am sure i am on my own here, and I am EVEN MORE sure that it wont happen, but i would actually like to see tempest du jour come back.

so yeah - does anyone care to suggest who will win if not ginger? i mean, Pearl? no frikkin waaay!

who has outshone Ms Minge? I want to hear it!!
    so yeah - does anyone care to suggest who will win if not ginger? i mean, Pearl? no frikkin waaay!
    Obviously Katya :)

It's a toss between Katya and Ginger for me. Both consistant, funny etc.

Who is looking forward to the long over-due return of Ornacia? :D

• Advertisement

Typical, I'm off work today and thought I'd get in on this weeks Drag Race early, and it hasn't been uploaded yet! Probably should have stayed in bed!

Advertisement