Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing People and Tullamores "Fiona" bridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Godge wrote: »
    We could dedicate all border crossings to the disappeared.

...and all high ground to the morally superior. That would be a fitting tribute to you and your 'thumbs up' outrider. :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Happyman42 wrote: »
    ...and all high ground to the morally superior. That would be a fitting tribute to you and your 'thumbs up' outrider. :rolleyes: ;)

It's pretty easy to find yourself on higher moral ground to a bunch of thugs who murder, hide the bodies, and then make up lies about their lack of involvement, tbh.

Or is that just me that thinks that's setting the bar pretty low?

alastair wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to find yourself on higher moral ground to a bunch of thugs who murder, hide the bodies, and then make up lies about their lack of involvement, tbh.

Or is that just me that thinks that's setting the bar pretty low?

The two of you might take your one-sided bias and off topic nonsense talk onto an appropriate thread. Shameful.

The two of you might take your one-sided bias and off topic nonsense talk onto an appropriate thread. Shameful.

But thanks for your apologist routine for murderers. Not at all out of place in a thread relating to a murdered woman.

But thanks for your apologist routine for murderers. Not at all out of place in a thread relating to a murdered woman.

I know what would happen to me and others if we dragged a thread off topic like this to have a swipe at somebody who has NEVER condoned murder.
    Go away Alastair, you are embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement

I know what would happen to me and others if we dragged a thread off topic like this to have a swipe at somebody who has NEVER condoned murder.
    Go away Alastair, you are embarrassing yourself.

No?
    If it is a case of an informer being dealt with, then it is 'defensible', in my opinion.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89897492&postcount=739

Seems like you're okay with that particular woman being murdered, her body hidden, and a pack of lies told to cover up responsibility.

No?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=92567432

Seems like you're okay with that particular woman being murdered, her body hidden, and a pack of lies told to cover up responsibility.

If you posted the proper link you and others would see that there was a discussion taking place about 'killings' and 'murder' in which you and others wanted to ascribe the term 'murder' only to the actions of one side and refused to ascribe the term to the actions of the other. My point very clearly, was that informers where seen as enemies and consequently legitimate targets. Sad, tragic but harsh fact.
    The woman who is the subject of this thread has nothing to do with all that.
    That you and Godge would stoop so low as to try and gain some high moral ground with it, is as pathetic as it is unsurprising.

If you posted the proper link you and others would see that there was a discussion taking place about 'killings' and 'murder' in which you and others wanted to ascribe the term 'murder' only to the actions of one side and refused to ascribe the term to the actions of the other. My point very clearly, was that informers where seen as enemies and consequently legitimate targets. Sad, tragic but harsh fact.
    The woman who is the subject of this thread has nothing to do with all that.
    That you and Godge would stoop so low as to try and gain some high moral ground with it, is as pathetic as it is unsurprising.

Keep digging - apologist for murderers - nice.
    My link was perfectly proper btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I bumped this thread only because it was first that came up when I searched "Fiona Pender" , I certainly did not mean to provoke this bout of trolling above which in reality has absolutely nothing to do with concern for the disappeared but more to do with the establishment lackies getting scared seeing SF poll ratings.

porsche959 wrote: »
    I bumped this thread only because it was first that came up when I searched "Fiona Pender" , I certainly did not mean to provoke this bout of trolling above which in reality has absolutely nothing to do with concern for the disappeared but more to do with the establishment lackies getting scared seeing SF poll ratings.

That's some special insight you have there. Establishment lackies eh? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

porsche959 wrote: »

Well, I'm bowing out, on this thread. My apologies to all concerned about this girl, I shouldn't have responded to the shameful hijack.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Keep digging - apologist for murderers - nice.
    My link was perfectly proper btw.

Mod:

alastair will not be with us for a while for this and other contributions on the forum, so no point replying.

Everybody else, stick to the topic.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement