Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORALS!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

But that is when "chun" means "towards" I think. In this sense it doesn't.

Oh right, that makes sense :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

My teacher was like this last year. Absolutely outrageous to say such a thing when its the question with the heaviest marks on the paper. I'd advise you to go through Fiuntas if you use it, take a copy and go through all the sections of the ceapadoireacht part of the book, even the little mini comprehensions and pull out as many useful sentences/phrases and learn them off. Then flick through your papers and find any relevant titles and without looking back do the essay. If your teacher is in any way decent they should correct it.
    If you don't use Fiuntas I'd advise getting some kind of revision book and take vocab from there. I have the Less Stress one and its quite good. There are probably better ones out there though.
    Also, try to perfect your grammar. Use all the different tenses you can and try to widen your verbs and vocab as much as possible. Use seanfhocails like you use idioms in French.
    Lol I just checked your post and you didn't even ask for help... Just thought I'd write this anyway as I was in a similar situation last year. Why don't teachers understand that the essays really are the most important component of the paper!

Thanks for this! I started using online grinds.ie and I find it really good for the essays but they only have a few done. I will start using fiuntas aswell :) I have this teacher for the past four years and have honestly not learned a single thing cause she's too lazy to teach us! She should definitely not be a teacher! Thanks for your help anyway! :)

Can I just double check something.
    With Irish, I am trying to say "with the description" for a sraith and I have written "leis an cur sios" but on second thought it should have an uru and be "leis an gcur sios."
    Is that right? Or am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Pretty sure you're right and the g should be there. :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Pretty sure you're right and the g should be there. :)

Thank you very much. I handed it up to be corrected and my teacher must have missed it :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

No worries, mine was the same last year - she left me spelling abálta as abailte til around April of 6th year! :P Double check with her to be sure anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

Can I just double check something.
    With Irish, I am trying to say "with the description" for a sraith and I have written "leis an cur sios" but on second thought it should have an uru and be "leis an gcur sios."
    Is that right? Or am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance.

It's definitely with the urú :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Michelletarian

I'm new here so sorry If I'm not posting in the right place or whatever.

Basically I'd sell my soul for an A1 in Irish.
    I have the fainne ór and on paper, I'm fluent.

But I'm not ACTUALLY fluent and have real difficulty grasping grammar especially since we have the WORST teacher ever who had to consult another teacher before teaching us the conditional tense and STILL got it wrong :mad:

Anyway my Oral is on Tuesday and I'm very worried. I want to study Irish in College and if I don't do well In the oral I know my confidence'll be knocked and I'll start doubting myself for what course to pick even though I know it really is Irish I wanna do.

Bheinn buíoch as aon cuidíu ar bith.
    GRMA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Michelletarian

"Abair liom cén uair a gcaithfidh mé fagáil" - This doesn't sound right , what have I done wronggggg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

If I'm asked An Spailpín Fánach, can I sing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

If I'm asked An Spailpín Fánach, can I sing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TyroneMcCabe

Advertisement