Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying bitcoins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's tough this ha, feels like I should just cash out the profits I have but I do feel the market will have to increase again.....right? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Surely ETH and LTC should be resistant to that as you can cash out from them directly to fiat without going back through BTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

ETH putting up a good fight at $1k wall.

"Would you be willing to trade all the coins from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our alts, but they'll never take our ether."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The English have just taken their Ether!

BTC to drop through 10k next? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

2015 - Low was Jan 15th
    2016 - Low was Jan 16th
    2017 - Low was Jan 12th
    2018 - Low ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Bandara wrote: »
    2015 - Low was Jan 15th
    2016 - Low was Jan 16th
    2017 - Low was Jan 12th
    2018 - Low ....

why didn't you post that last week FFS ..we'd all be like kids running around the bargain basement with pockets full of cash picking up bargains :D:p

why didn't you post that last week FFS ..we'd all be like kids running around the bargain basement with pockets full of cash picking up bargains :D:p

I am ;)

Wanna buy a sweetie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The usual annual whale manipulation. Fat bonuses due in the next days, manipulate prices to get in cheap and profit. And repeat.

Bandara wrote: »
    I am ;)

Wanna buy a sweetie ?

Good on ya and Happy shopping :)

Id love to fill my pockets with....

ADA (buy more)

NULS

WABI

LRC

GTO

...but will have to sit here drooling at their current price(s) then cry in Feb when they correct to their proper values.

*the above is all speculation on my behalf

Good on ya and Happy shopping :)

Id love to fill my pockets with....

ADA (buy more)

NULS

WABI

LRC

GTO

...but will have to sit here drooling at their current price(s) then cry in Feb when they correct to their proper values.

Wax and BTC for me. Too many nonsense coins are the problem with the market imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Disclaimer: Don't want to panic anyone, this is one possible scenario and you can make the best out of it.
    Without getting into it, I know a guy who helps manage a medium sized mining operation and he told me some things. While there is a lot more to it than just BTC -13.86% dumping (stuff has been going on for a long time, including alts coin pumps); I am willing to share some info about the dump that will be useful to you from now:

1. BTC -13.86% will not go over 15,000 again.
    2. BTC -13.86% will be pushed down to at least $1,000 (it will take a long time, at least a month or two but the initial sell off will be fast)
    3. A transfer from BTC -13.86% to BTG 4.42% is a signal the dump is to come (compare BTG 4.42% and BTC -13.86% charts Dec 20-22 and yesterday - the BTC -13.86% dump will start today/tomorrow).

Now from my understanding I have been able to notice some patterns. Basically since the downtrend from 17.2 and then again from 15k, they squeeze BTC -13.86% back up into an uptrend (from a TA standpoint) for a brief period of time so they load up on shorts; this is why you see a lot of TA going long and getting it wrong. They do this so they have buyers to sell/short into.

While I am assuming in this chart there may be one last squeeze (I'm not entirely convinced there will be, it's just pure speculation) to 13,900 - 14,200 (most likely range). You may want to think about going short now, although waiting till at least 13,700 (however by the time i publish this chart it looks like it has already pushed up and gone back under 13,700) with 10x leverage (ensuring liquidation is above $15,000) will yield a 12500% return.

I am sharing this because I am already in position and have been for some time.

Good luck, with a potential of 12500% profit you'd be silly not to place even just a small investment here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

soirish wrote: »
    Disclaimer: Don't want to panic anyone, this is one possible scenario and you can make the best out of it.

You could at least post the source...

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/6GuxadAx-Manipulated-Dump/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

The opportunity seems to be shorting, not purchasing and selling or am I missing something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Now from my understanding I have been able to notice some patterns. Basically since the downtrend from 17.2 and then again from 15k, they squeeze BTC -13.86% back up into an uptrend (from a TA standpoint) for a brief period of time so they load up on shorts; this is why you see a lot of TA going long and getting it wrong. They do this so they have buyers to sell/short into.

Do Bitcoin shorts even exist? :confused:

There is so much horsesh!t 'analysis' being passed off as weighty insights, it's hilarious. Anyone old enough to remember the internet bubble has lived through all this before, absolute rubbish stocks/coins being traded as if they have real value based entirely on a speculative frenzy.

This particular mini crash is likely to just be a blip, but one day the emperor will finally be acknowledged to have no clothes, and 99.5% of current coins will be entirely wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Anthracite wrote: »
    Do Bitcoin shorts even exist?

yes, any of the worthwhile exchanges offer leverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    yes, any of the worthwhile exchanges offer leverage
    Yikes. That's a pretty quick avenue to losing your shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

hodl - bandara is spot on. Also, it is unfortunate there is a lot of fud circulating Asia and this is having a knock on......otherwise we would of been at levels of $25k per btc.

Go back to your daily lives, close coinmarketcap and the like, deposit fiat to exchanges if you were going to and grab a bargain(s). It will be ok. As for BTC going to $1k, i doubt it is even possible now other than it is the end of all things crypto, which i doubt is even possible as it's only the beginning of a new dawn.
    Regulations are coming, projects starting to come to fruition, ICO's are a gamble bar the odd few obvious ones.

All markets are the same, ups and downs, nothing goes up forever at such a ferocious pace.

Also - most importantly, most coins are well above what they were worth before Xmas. What is the problem - other than greed and people investing at the wrong time. Relax, have a cup of tea and a digestive. Lots of greenery will appear and most people will be back in profit (well maybe not ripplers ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

hodl - bandara is spot on. Also, it is unfortunate there is a lot of fud circulating Asia and this is having a knock on......otherwise we would of been at levels of $25k per btc.

Go back to your daily lives, close coinmarketcap and the like, deposit fiat to exchanges if you were going to and grab a bargain(s). It will be ok. As for BTC going to $1k, i doubt it is even possible now other than it is the end of all things crypto, which i doubt is even possible as it's only the beginning of a new dawn.
    Regulations are coming, projects starting to come to fruition, ICO's are a gamble bar the odd few obvious ones.

All markets are the same, ups and downs, nothing goes up forever at such a ferocious pace.

Also - most importantly, most coins are well above what they were worth before Xmas. What is the problem - other than greed and people investing at the wrong time. Relax, have a cup of tea and a digestive. Lots of greenery will appear and most people will be back in profit (well maybe not ripplers ha)

I'm not for one minute suggesting a gentleman of your integrity has such opinions or feelings but why is there an underlying resentment of Ripple investors by Bitcoin investors ?
    I've seen it a few times across various threads and forums . Why do they not resent Ethereum or Litecoin , seems strange .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

millhouse wrote: »
    I'm not for one minute suggesting a gentleman of your integrity has such opinions or feelings but why is there an underlying resentment of Ripple investors by Bitcoin investors ?
    I've seen it a few times across various threads and forums . Why do they not resent Ethereum or Litecoin , seems strange .

Well for one thing it's not decentralised which is one of the major points for cryptocurrency.

My reading of the situation is that Ripple goes against the whole idea of a decentralized banking system, as their whole ethos is improving the current centralized system with faster cross border payment methods.

*not speaking for asteroids over berlin here btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

i was joking, indeed it is not decentralized which some and myself probably included have issue with), however there is no doubt that people got caught up in the hype and bought xrp at crazy prices. Ripple still have not confirmed (as far as i am aware) that the actual xrp token is in use (other than a test scenario by moneygram (i think) and even moneygram clarified it was strictly a test scenario). The reason i sold for a .10c profit was because i always found ripple very cagey around the actual xrp token, "in the future..." is waht they always say but never quite commit to this. Personally it makes me nervous and want nothing got to do with it anymore but i do hope it bounces back and makes people a lot of money. We are all in this together. Be strong peeeps (Suppoman :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

The same could be asked about Ripple investors resentment for people who invested in XLM

The same could be asked about Ripple investors resentment for people who invested in XLM

Is XLM (Stellar) the company formed by former Ripple creators ?

Odd sort of views , not totally sure how opinions of one over the other can be formed . I'd imagine many people have both XRP & XLM . Are the majority of people not simply in this for the cash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Are the majority of people not simply in this for the cash ?
    I got in to it as a store of value - not interested in the speculative aspect of things. I fundamentally bought into the concept and felt that it was the future - that it was progressive and would curb the level of profit making of the bankers.

Of course I'm stuck on that ride now and of course, we all have an enate ability to be greedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wombatman wrote: »
    ETH putting up a good fight at $1k wall.

"Would you be willing to trade all the coins from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our alts, but they'll never take our ether."
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

9fLC0Ku.jpg

I got in to it as a store of value - not interested in the speculative aspect of things. I fundamentally bought into the concept and felt that it was the future - that it was progressive and would curb the level of profit making of the bankers.

Of course I'm stuck on that ride now and of course, we all have an enate ability to be greedy!

If the banks were to continue making significant profits (as in no change there) but you also were to make some profits how would this make you feel ?
    Is your desire for self gain greater than your desire to have decentralization , reduce bank profits, change the financial landscape of the world ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wall street crew crashing the price to buy in big on the dip. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wall street crew crashing the price to buy in big on the dip. ;)

Given the volume of the Asian market, the prediminance there of retail investors and the Lunar/Chinese New Year soon.
    I'd say its more a dose of pre holiday profit taking, maybe?

Advertisement