Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag situation getting worse and worse

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭

Did Ireland always have scumbags or is the situation getting worse year by year. Hate walking around dublin and you see heroin addicts, scumbags with their tracksuits and there hats at 90 degree angle. It seems to be getting worse year by year. You just know by looking at the person that there going to be on the dole for life, shot or put in prison. Yesterday I walked past a junkie taking a dump on a footpath. The amount of human ****e around dublin is disgusting
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's not getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Yes and no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I haven't been in Dublin in quite a while now, but i do remember seeing alot of junkies around, constantly asking for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

It's not getting worse.

And certainly not any better. Pure disgrace, Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's not getting worse.

It's no different than it was 15 years ago imo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I remember when we used to come up to the Big Smoke for a bit of shopping when I was a kid in the 80's, usually the ILAC centre. The journey from Dorset St down to the car park was terrifying. So no, I'd say its actually gotten better

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

I live in North inner city and its a bit better than 5 yrs ago. Talbot St and Abbey St Luas stop is like a blackmarket chemist shop !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

joetoad wrote: »
    Did Ireland always have scumbags or is the situation getting worse year by year. Hate walking around dublin and you see heroin addicts, scumbags with their tracksuits and there hats at 90 degree angle. It seems to be getting worse year by year. You just know by looking at the person that there going to be on the dole for life, shot or put in prison. Yesterday I walked past a junkie taking a dump on a footpath. The amount of human ****e around dublin is disgusting

And you are Gods gift to the human race.

They are not all scumbags, some of them are genuinely just down on their luck and are homeless and the only clothing they have is a hat and a tracksuit.

It's people like you that i despise, with the judgement you have for fellow citizens. They are not all scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I think it has. In the last few years there has been a rise of scumbags in my hometown. It's after getting to the stage that no matter where I am, there is always a group of them around. I haven't noticed in Dublin but I have noticed it in smaller towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

So long as the social welfare system in the country continues to hand out free money to these **** then it will get worse. The problem is, that despite the fact that scumbags are generally as stupid as mud, they unfortunately mate with each other creating more potential Scumbags for the future. Not the kids fault, I know, but nonetheless they'll probably end up like their scumbag parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

CJC999 wrote: »
    So long as the social welfare system in the country continues to hand out free money to these **** then it will get worse. The problem is, that despite the fact that scumbags are generally as stupid as mud, they unfortunately mate with each other creating more potential Scumbags for the future. Not the kids fault, I know, but nonetheless they'll probably end up like their scumbag parents.

.....aaaaaand we're off.

CJC999 wrote: »

If they're that stupid, then surely there's an onus on the government to provide assistance to them, as they obviously can't survive alone, being stupid as mud.

The only alternative is that your post is made up of reductive, clichéd, disproven guff.

Anyway, I nominate 1930s Germany as being a much worse time and place, scumbag-wise. Though I'll say one thing about the Nazis: bad as they were, they never had the gall to ask innocent people for change on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Chucken wrote: »

.....aaaaaand we're off.

FFS...Now I have to get out of bed and put the popcorn on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

zenno wrote: »

They are not all scumbags, some of them are genuinely just down on their luck and are homeless and the only clothing they have is a hat and a tracksuit.

It's people like you that i despise, with the judgement you have for fellow citizens. They are not all scumbags.

And don't they get the dole? Surely they could save 120 a week and get themselves a place to live after a month or two.

And don't they get the dole? Surely they could save 120 a week and get themselves a place to live after a month or two.

"Hhm, more delicious heroin!!"

"Whoa there buddy, not so fast! Did you know that you could easily save two thirds of the dole money you get even though you're homeless? You could then use that money to buy or rent somewhere to live!!"

"Oh man, I've been such a square! To think, I could've been in a nice warm place all this time, instead of freezing on the streets! If only I'd considered finding some accommodation instead of choosing to have this crippling addiction... Still, better late than never! Thanks for your advice friend, I'm off to the estate agent!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

And don't they get the dole? .

Only if they live under bridges.

"Whoa there buddy, not so fast! Did you know that you could easily save two thirds of the dole money you get even though you're homeless? You could then use that money to buy or rent somewhere to live!!"

"Oh man, I've been such a square! To think, I could've been in a nice warm place all this time, instead of freezing on the streets! If only I'd considered finding some accommodation instead of choosing to have this crippling addiction... Still, better late than never! Thanks for your advice friend, I'm off to the estate agent!!"

Yes and why did they take heroin in the first place? Oh now I know cause there scumbags

Now you are saying that you know every one of them personally and know they all get dole.

Your enlightening ability of psychic knowledge is astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I remember the 80s. It wasn't all Tom Cruise, crew cuts and Bananarama I can tell you, plenty of scumbags around then also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

It is a bit of a stretch to say all the scumbags are on heroin, or homeless.

• Advertisement

Yes and why did they take heroin in the first place? Oh now I know cause there scumbags

Bravo! None of these so-called "experts" investigating the origins of addiction and the means to treat have the guts to call a spade a spade like you and face the obvious reality that poor people are simply inferior beings to the rest of us!

You probably didn't need any of that pesky evidence, investigation, or rational thought to come to your amazing conclusion, because it's JUST TRUE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

How many times do we have to say it "Derz no faciliteeeees"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You just know by looking at the person OP, that there going to be on the dole for life it's going to be the same old stirring shyte again

I had to make some necessary amendments there.

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

!!"
    You are so behind the times, Leave Heroin to the culchies we are on tablets now....Zimmos Bud ?

I never once mentioned homeless in my OP. I know a lot of them have mental illnesses and what not so I retract that statement

zenno wrote: »

Where did I mention homeless, ur the one associating scumbags with been homeless and heroin addicts as well which most of them are not

I never once mentioned homeless in my OP. I know a lot of them have mental illnesses and what not so I retract that statement

It's just heroin addicts, people with tracksuits and the hat-wearing community you're after then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Maybe the Op isn't "stirring shyte"

Maybe he's just concerned about what he perceives to be the rise of a reprehensible sub-culture of welfare cases who congregate on the public highways in a manner which a reasonable person would find intimidating which is all too visible to the hard-working people of this country, and he is simply looking for the opinions of others on the subject.

Where did I mention homeless, ur the one associating scumbags with been homeless and heroin addicts as well which most of them are not

Erm..where did I mention anything about heroin ?

• Advertisement

catallus wrote: »
    Maybe the Op isn't "stirring shyte"

Maybe he's just concerned about what he perceives to be the rise of a reprehensible sub-culture of welfare cases who congregate on the public highways in a manner which a reasonable person would find intimidating which is all too visible to the hard-working people of this country, and he is simply looking for the opinions of others on the subject.

Ah! In that case, let me put his mind at ease. There's no need to worry, this isn't a major problem at all.

These people aren't as numerous or evil as they're often thought to be, and they don't really do any harm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement