Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

The Rionegro Escalation, Aug 17th and 18th, Bellurgan Park.

  • 19-03-2013 1:30pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    The Rionegro Escalation
    The brutal Rionegron civil war is in its third year, but General Veron’s Patriotas may not make it much longer. Last year his troops managed to stop Vice Presedent Munoz’s Republicano advance. However Veron was handed a PR disaster by his Finance minister. The world’s media revealed details of giveaway contracts with multinationals for Rionegro’s resource rights, and negotiations with drug gangs for support. The deals have been renounced, and the recently deceased minister made a scapegoat, but the damage has been done. Losing public support, and short on funds the Patriotas are tottering.

    This does not suit King Fernando of neighbouring Domigua who has been covertly providing assistance to the Patriotas for several years. Their collapse would undermine his plans to dominate the region. Therefore he has signed a treaty allying Domigua to Veron’s Patriotas with the intention of crushing Munoz’s Republicanos and dominating all of Rionegro. H-Hour is 1200 on Saturday the 17th of August when the Domiguan army will cross the Rionegro border in force to support their new allies.

    regionmap.gif

    Near the border village of Las Cureñas a Patriota division is surrounded in the “San Esteban pocket”. The Domiguan objective here will be to break through with critically needed medical supplies.

    New fronts are opening in the war and new forces appearing in the struggle for the future of Rionegro. The day is coming when people will have to account for their actions, and decide where they stand in the fight for Rionegro.

    What is new this year: As well as the familiar small unit engagements, this year’s event will include large set-piece battles over the weekend. These are expected to involve most of the players on the site and will be important for deciding victory. The rules are being updated to remove unused or complicated elements. Campsites will be off-game from 02:00 to 06:00, though night missions will still be happening.

    Where: Bellurgan Park, Dundalk, Co. Louth.

    When: August 17th and 18th, 2013.

    How long:
    Sign-in and chrono: Friday 18:00 to 00:00, Saturday 07:30 to 9:30
    Game WILL start: 11:00 Saturday
    Game end: 15:00 Sunday, followed by post game BBQ.

    How much: €50, €60 with discount for early registration, which includes the post game BBQ. Tickets for LARP players, who will have restrictions on the guns they can carry, will be €35.

    Registration: Will open on Thursday May 30th at 12:00.

    Age limit and other restrictions: Over 16′s only, and mid cap magazines only. NO HI-CAP winding mags. As Rionegro is subject to a UN backed arms embargo and no fly zone, players cannot bring aircraft, heavy weapons or armoured vehicles. Small arms and support weapons only. Bio-BBs are required and will be available on site.

    Camping: Camping will be possible on site from Friday night, with toilets and showers.

    What are the factions and Units:
    The Domiguan-Patriota Alliance
    • Domiguan 2nd Airborne Infantry Brigade – 35 places.
    • Patriota Heavies – 35 places.

    Republicanos
    • Presidential 25th Light Infantry – 35 places.
    • IVth International Brigade – 35 places.

    Los Gringos
    • A unit whose details and objectives will remain secret until game day – 25 places.

    Neighbouring country of Rionegro
    • Intelligence and Special Operations Agency – numbers secret.

    Civilian LARP players
    • Villages from the Las Cureñas – 25 places.

    One Faction Commander will also be needed for the Domiguan-Patriota Alliance and one for the Republicanos. These individuals will be responsible for overall command of their respective factions.

    More Information:
    More information, including detailed descriptions of factions and units, updated rules, how to apply for leadership roles, and how to pre-book is provided on the official website: http://www.troops-in-contact.com


«13456

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 858 422nd


    Will definitely be signing up for a LARP role this year so any information on the roles available, so as to start planning how best to play it, would be fantastic. Thanks Sliabh!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    422nd wrote: »
    Will definitely be signing up for a LARP role this year so any information on the roles available, so as to start planning how best to play it, would be fantastic. Thanks Sliabh!
    All the public information so far is on our website. You can click through to get details on the units on this page.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 CpcRc


    Is there any way to play with patriotas without wearing a boonie? Stuck between both sides as I have friends on both teams, so have to decide.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    CpcRc wrote: »
    Is there any way to play with patriotas without wearing a boonie? Stuck between both sides as I have friends on both teams, so have to decide.
    We are strict on the head gear requirements as it is our way of distinguishing units that won't require people to buy all new camo, or wear a rainbow of different arm band colours.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 CpcRc


    Ok, I meant that not even baseball caps be allowed.

    Also are ye running airsofter.ie?
    I can't register on airsofter.ie because I'm in UL and the accommadation uses common IP addresses
    for multiple users and a spammer already used the IP so I can't register.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 422nd


    sliabh wrote: »
    All the public information so far is on our website. You can click through to get details on the units on this page.

    Just thought there might be some less public info about the individual roles available, in regards to the story side of things. Are their less individual roles this year, compared to last years reporter and minister for finance etc.? Is it just the civilians for larp this time around?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    CpcRc wrote: »
    Ok, I meant that not even baseball caps be allowed.
    I am afraid not, as baseball caps will be for the civilians this year.
    CpcRc wrote: »
    Also are ye running airsofter.ie?
    I can't register on airsofter.ie because I'm in UL and the accommadation uses common IP addresses
    for multiple users and a spammer already used the IP so I can't register.
    Bring us the head of the spammer and we will unblock the IP :)

    In the mean time I will talk to our tech support people. Can you PM me an IP address of yours?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    422nd wrote: »
    Just thought there might be some less public info about the individual roles available, in regards to the story side of things. Are their less individual roles this year, compared to last years reporter and minister for finance etc.? Is it just the civilians for larp this time around?
    We can have individual roles again this year. Most will be villagers, and we wanted to give all the LARP players a home with a dedicated EM.

    As with last year, if you have a character idea, or would like suggestions get in contact with us and we can work something out. I would like to see "field" LARP roles again like the journalists.


  • Registered Users Posts: 858 422nd


    sliabh wrote: »
    We can have individual roles again this year. Most will be villagers, and we wanted to give all the LARP players a home with a dedicated EM.

    As with last year, if you have a character idea, or would like suggestions get in contact with us and we can work something out. I would like to see "field" LARP roles again like the journalists.

    Yes, that sounds great. I was thinking more along the lines of "field" LARP alright. I will read over things again and see what I can come up with, but if you have any suggestions set out, I'd love to look over them. Perhaps a PM whenever/if you have time? Or would you prefer that I open up communications elsewhere? Thanks for the quick replies and I look forward to putting all my effort into making as much of a contribution to the event as I can.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 CpcRc


    sliabh wrote: »
    I am afraid not, as baseball caps will be for the civilians this year.

    Ok, will have to take that into consideration when picking sides.
    sliabh wrote: »
    Bring us the head of the spammer and we will unblock the IP :).

    In a village of over 400 people that can move in/out every 4-5 months, it'd be a bit of a task.
    sliabh wrote: »
    In the mean time I will talk to our tech support people. Can you PM me an IP address of yours?.

    Just something to keep in mind for some people who live in apartment blocks and such.
    I can register from another place on college or back home in Cork.
    I wouldn't PM you the IP because they might shuffle a couple of addresses around so the one I have now could be different to earlier or later. So that's not guaranteed.
    Cheers for offering to help.

    Also, can we prebook now? Or do we have to wait?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 OzCam


    Great news, looking forward to it.

    But can we please, for the love of God, have some uniform rules this year?


  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭ r0n0c


    TBH the headgear rules looked complicated on paper but worked out pretty well on the ground, for me anyway


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    CpcRc wrote: »
    I wouldn't PM you the IP because they might shuffle a couple of addresses around so the one I have now could be different to earlier or later. So that's not guaranteed.
    Cheers for offering to help.
    the IPs should be allocated as part of a block, so if we have one we should be able to identify the range that is verbotten.
    CpcRc wrote: »
    Also, can we prebook now? Or do we have to wait?
    Prebooking will be from Thursday the 30th of May. In part as we want as many people as possible to hear the details of the event before we start taking bookings.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    OzCam wrote: »
    But can we please, for the love of God, have some uniform rules this year?
    We are sticking with the headgear rule as it is well understood, it is low impact (worst case you have to buy a new hat for €10-15, rather than a whole set of camo for €60+), and it generally seems to work.

    As well, with 4 factions this year (excluding the civvies) it would be a nightmare trying to manage different uniforms across them all.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 CpcRc


    sliabh wrote: »
    .

    Prebooking will be from Thursday the 30th of May. In part as we want as many people as possible to hear the details of the event before we start taking bookings.

    Is that when you can pay the 30 euros up front as a deposit?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    CpcRc wrote: »
    Is that when you can pay the 30 euros up front as a deposit?
    Correct.


  • Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ PodgeD1997


    This looks good, I'll probably sign up :)


  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ KonFusion


    ****ING YES!! :pac:

    1912-so-much-win_inline.jpg

    Now for the hard decision of picking a team...

    Which unit will have the best balance of combat/LARPing would you say?

    Are there any embedded LARP roles available?

    Edit: Also how does one get into the Intelligence and Special Operations Agency? Er, assuming that it actually exists. Which we all know it doesn't...Maybe. Is there any special criterion to join?

    Further edit: Also kudos on the new website. Not a fan of the opacity as it makes the text a little hard to read, but maybe that's just me. Looks good.


  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭ r0n0c


    Myself and the buddies are interested in the I.S.O.A faction, if is small numbers we might actually fill it!
    Also, on the 30th, can one person block book tickets for a group?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    KonFusion wrote: »
    ****ING YES!! :pac:

    Now for the hard decision of picking a team...

    Which unit will have the best balance of combat/LARPing would you say?
    That depends on what sort of balance you are looking for. We will probably also give a lot of players additional LARP backgrounds that may or may not come into play during the game. This could be a simple as having a photograph on you that someone might come looking for for some day, or as involved a being an assassin turncoat within your own unit hoping to target and kill a specified person before escaping to a rival faction.

    Depending on how it works out 10-15% of all players may pick up such roles. Some will be secret. Some you can tell people about.
    KonFusion wrote: »
    Are there any embedded LARP roles available?
    What do you have in mind here? We are open to suggestions. And we will work with people to integrate their ideas. I worked through one idea with a person yesterday already.
    KonFusion wrote: »
    Edit: Also how does one get into the Intelligence and Special Operations Agency? Er, assuming that it actually exists. Which we all know it doesn't...Maybe. Is there any special criterion to join?
    Be a citizen in good standing (or maybe not) of the country in question. Have skills that they want. Be willing to head into a foreign land living rough with the knowledge that capture means probable torture, death and a unmarked grave. The health and pension benefits are excellent for staff that survive however.
    KonFusion wrote: »
    Further edit: Also kudos on the new website. Not a fan of the opacity as it makes the text a little hard to read, but maybe that's just me. Looks good.
    Thanks. I want it to be a lot more active this year. And a good repository of information and updates.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    r0n0c wrote: »
    Myself and the buddies are interested in the I.S.O.A faction, if is small numbers we might actually fill it!
    Also, on the 30th, can one person block book tickets for a group?
    I am looking at a process for handling block bookings as well as possibly buying or paying for tickets in selected Airsoft shops rather than via PayPal. We will update before the 30th of May with more information on this.


  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ KonFusion


    sliabh wrote: »
    That depends on what sort of balance you are looking for. We will probably also give a lot of players additional LARP backgrounds that may or may not come into play during the game.

    Depending on how it works out 10-15% of all players may pick up such roles. Some will be secret. Some you can tell people about.

    What do you have in mind here? We are open to suggestions. And we will work with people to integrate their ideas. I worked through one idea with a person yesterday already.

    Excitement++

    Grand, expect a pm then once I figure something out and recap on the story :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭ Evade


    Looking forward to this.


    I have a question about dying team-mates ammo. Can surviving team mates take ammo from a team-mate (with his permission) who is about to go back to the respawn? If the answer is yes, does the 600 round per man limit still apply?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    Evade wrote: »
    Looking forward to this.


    I have a question about dying team-mates ammo. Can surviving team mates take ammo from a team-mate (with his permission) who is about to go back to the respawn? If the answer is yes, does the 600 round per man limit still apply?
    Because of the difficulty of managing and enforcing this, I am inclined to say that while you can take ammo from a team mate, you are still constrained by the 600 round limit.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 CpcRc


    Should we base the amount of ammo in a mag off of the advertised capacity or closer to the realistic capacity? Like 120 rnd midcaps hold more like 90-100 BBs realistically. Just wondering for when I might have to layout my tac vest and what mag puches to use for primary and secondary.


  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ KonFusion


    I found the ammo capacity to be quite generous.

    The first year I think I went through about 200 BB's.

    Second year I think I probably went through 500-700 overall.

    And the time in the second year when I did run out of bb's for my main pew pew, I had to use my sidearm. It was pretty intense and quite enjoyable to be forced somewhat into that situation.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭ sliabh


    CpcRc wrote: »
    Should we base the amount of ammo in a mag off of the advertised capacity or closer to the realistic capacity? Like 120 rnd midcaps hold more like 90-100 BBs realistically. Just wondering for when I might have to layout my tac vest and what mag puches to use for primary and secondary.
    I would go off the actual ammo.

    For everyone asking questions I am going to add these, and the answers to our Troops-in-contact.com site.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 CpcRc


    Cheers @sliabh

    @KonFusion I just wanted to know because in order to carry a secondary I have to drop a mag for my primary and wanted to know how many I was able to carry because the difference between advertised capacity and actual capacity is a whole mag and although I don't intend on using all my mags, I will be carrying M4 mags so that way I can loan a team mate a mag in the field if they're stuck. I want to keep my vest light and profile low. But I still want to make sure that I can use everything on it to it's full potential for me and my team.

    I always try to start gaming with semi auto to conserve ammo. I only go full auto if the enemy need "convincing" :p


  • Registered Users Posts: 858 422nd


    I've gotten way too excited for this, way too soon. It's going to be a long long wait till August 17th... :(


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ KonFusion


    422nd wrote: »
    August 17th

    August!! :eek:

    Balls, I didn't even look at the dates :pac:


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement