Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft modding Nintendo Wii Homebrew?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

you can only use 1 port for drive for your games the other one is for peripherals like the mic (for singing games) and such. you can check out easy. Even try to play with just the 1 drive in the other port

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ok odd question (maybe)

have a softmodded wii but i want to return it to normal and mod it again (mate done it first time but i wanna give it a go as i have had some issues)

Is it case of just turning on wifi connection and letting it be picked up will it revert to normal then (i have to turn off the stop auto update or something right?) or is there a chance it'd be bricked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bobbyo247

Hi y'all .

I have recently put home brew channel on my wii and and put the snes9x on it and got some snes games to play on it .

All of a sudden after trying to get another game it's gone .

I still have the homebrew channel but now it's only an empty screen .

I've tried to delete and reinstall on the sd card but no joy .

My little girl did say that when she played it last , that there was a line going across the screen with black dots and green dots in its wake until ( something loaded ) as she put it . Have no clue wAt to do

Any advice ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Bobbyo247 wrote: »
    Hi y'all .

I have recently put home brew channel on my wii and and put the snes9x on it and got some snes games to play on it .

All of a sudden after trying to get another game it's gone .

I still have the homebrew channel but now it's only an empty screen .

I've tried to delete and reinstall on the sd card but no joy .

My little girl did say that when she played it last , that there was a line going across the screen with black dots and green dots in its wake until ( something loaded ) as she put it . Have no clue wAt to do

Any advice ???
    It sounds like the wii has updated do you have bootmii installed? what system menu are you on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

my fella did something similar recently, even tho wii was on 4.3, he and his friends ran the update that came with skylander game disc, and killed my mods, i just re-ran the LetterBomb trick and re installed everything, i suppose i shoud take a bootmii snapshot of system now ! but cba !!

• Advertisement

I modded my 4.3E back in September and only brought it out for Christmas. It's great fun! I did notice something about an update though so I guess it's best avoided.

Is it possible to remove the rubbish/dead Nintendo channels like Forecast, News, Wii Speak, Photo Channel etc?

I modded my 4.3E back in September and only brought it out for Christmas. It's great fun! I did notice something about an update though so I guess it's best avoided.

Is it possible to remove the rubbish/dead Nintendo channels like Forecast, News, Wii Speak, Photo Channel etc?
    They can be removed or moved to your SD card

Care to tell me how you big tease you!??! :D

If you go to Data Management in wii settings it can be done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Care to tell me how you big tease you!??! :D

Data management will only delete channels you have installed yourself, system channels are different

removing system channels can easily be done with an app called AnyTitle Deleter

Download v7.1

Run the app from the HBC

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD
    Guide

Computer
    1. The only thing you need to do on your PC is to download AnyTitleDeleter MOD and put it on the SD card.

Wii

2. Run ATD MOD. You'll see a screen that has a lot of text on it. Basically, you can delete any title now. Go up or down to the right category of your title and press A.
    On the next screen, navigate to the title you want to delete and press A. Then say yes to confirm you want to delete the title.

dead easy, be sure you have a nand backup before hand, just in-case, but ive never had an issue with this app

• Advertisement
Advertisement