Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Expenses Tax Relief - Contraception

Options
  • 17-03-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi - new to this forum, just joined today! I have a question that I don't seem to be able to find an answer to. I'm about to submit a claim to Revenue for tax relieve on medical expenses. Despite reading their information three times I still don't know whether I can claim relief on repeat visits to the Well Woman clinic over the past two years for the pill? Anyone any idea? I know you can claim for smear tests but not sure if you can for contraceptive care?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

You can claim for doctor and nurses visits and for prescriptions. It doesn't matter what you go to them for. By the way it's waaaay faster if you apply online and you dont need to give the receipts unless they ask for them. (You should keep all receipts for 4 years after your claim as they (Revenue) are entitled to ask for them up to then.)

You will need to get a password which might take a few days but will be quicker than posting your application in. You have the advantage then of being able to do it online again. Pm me if you have more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 curlyfreckles

Thanks a mill - will stick in a claim online now and see what happens.

Advertisement