Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendon Recovery

Options
  • 13-03-2013 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I didnt know where to put this thread but see do i get any answers here.

I lacerated 80% of my tendon on my right thumb, by the web of my hand, i also cut 100% of the nerve. I had surgery 3 weeks ago and currently doing all d physiotherapy etc, but i was wondering how long it took other people with similar injuries to regain full movement of their thumb and full feeling? and how long before they could do such things as write properly again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

A lad in work had a similar injury and never got the feeling or movement back in his finger... As a matter of fact, he never got his finger back. Presumably cause it was blown across a field just outside sangin!

I hope this helps at this difficult time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Anyone else love that there's a thumb in the bottom right corner of posts for times like these?

...sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

If this harsh banter keeps up, OP will be atendon therapy...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Alexzont

Ouch, I know the feels.

Did the exact same thing to my left thumb's flexor tendon and nerve with a craft knife in February. I can bend the top part about 90 degrees atm but the bottom of the thumb is being really stubborn. I'm hoping to get most of the movement back when the muscles that snapped off build up.

Anyway good luck OP, keep doing physio and you'll see results!!

Advertisement