Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"So they make funny feminists now do they?"

Options
  • 12-03-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

I don't know if any of you are aware of Bridget Christie - she's a British (but with a name like that you might guess her parents are Irish!) stand-up comedian, actor, and broadcaster. She has started a series called Mind the Gap, where she explores the state of modern British feminism via her comedic talents. And, it's really bloody good. I recommend it highly. You can listen on iPlayer here (2 days left on episode 1 of 4): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r11x0

It's a decidely fitting rebuttal to the gender politics nay-sayers, deniers, and obfuscators that populate the interwebz (occasionally congregating on this very forum, as you all are aware). The stories about the bookshop and also the relationship between the avocado and women's rights are particularly amusing.

Anyway, I'm not posting this to start a discussion on feminism, or a debate about female stand-up comedians etc, but just thought a few of you might enjoy it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

you mean you never hear of margaret cho, lily Tomlin, Sarah Haskins, Joan Rivers ect?
    Dude you have got to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

What? I wasn't saying she's the only female feminist comic who has made me laugh. I was just posting something I enjoyed and thought I'd share it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Thanks for that. I hadnt come across her and I will have a listen and hopefully a laugh. Could do with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Loving it! Thanks for the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Thanks for the link OP.

I think it's mad that it is actually an opinion or a debate that a woman cannot do the same job as a man, ie make us laugh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement